LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Hill and the offense will have its best game of the year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
O LINE IS THE PROBLEM. PERIOD. D LINE IS THE NEXT PROBLEM, but not all that bad. The only reason Hill is still playing is that he is smart enough to get rid of the ball before they kill him. Smith hung in there and tried to get the ball to the reciever and paid the price. We could have Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, SteveYoung, Terry Bradshaw, Brette Favre, it would not matter. Only Montana's magic would make any difference.

We have NNNNNNOOOOOOO offensive line !
I've thought this would be the game our offense comes alive and I hope they do. I have to work during the game so I'm going to be nervous as hell. Our offense needs to come alive if were going to have a chance this week and next week.
Why is everyone all over the Texans and calling them good? Last time I checked the team was 3 and 3. The Bengals came out flat after two emotional games and the Texans won. Shaub passes for a ton of yardage but it has only equated to 3 and 3. They have no running game in Slaton. The guy has really regressed after last season. Their defense is swiss cheese at best with injuries to Williams and Cushing.

Some of you guys act like a bunch of Nancies. The OLine takes time to gel. Heaven forbid they aren't up to pro bowl form after a couple games. They just need to learn how to play together.

The niners are a far better team with more talent. The niners will not only win this game but do it convincingly. That way all you guys who 'know football' so well can stop complaining and being Nancies.
i agree but our OL makes other teams DL's look all pro....but still i think we come out passing and don't look back with our great D
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
O LINE IS THE PROBLEM. PERIOD. D LINE IS THE NEXT PROBLEM, but not all that bad. The only reason Hill is still playing is that he is smart enough to get rid of the ball before they kill him. Smith hung in there and tried to get the ball to the reciever and paid the price. We could have Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, SteveYoung, Terry Bradshaw, Brette Favre, it would not matter. Only Montana's magic would make any difference.

Exactly right...other great qb's i don't think would be rated above an 85% if that. Give Hill 1/2 the time as other qb's get and i smell a pro bowl for him. Accurate effecient smart with the ball and td's to low int's
Originally posted by elguapo:

Exactly right...other great qb's i don't think would be rated above an 85% if that. Give Hill 1/2 the time as other qb's get and i smell a pro bowl for him. Accurate effecient smart with the ball and td's to low int's

What you smell is what you are shoveling...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by elguapo:

What you smell is what you are shoveling...

Give most QB's time and they're a pro bowler. However, Hill isn't a pro bowl QB. He doesn't have very good pocket awareness and he tends to stare down receivers a little too much. Hill is adequate for the type of offense we're running. Let's not get carried away now.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
The Texans are awful at getting pressure on the QB with only 7 sacks through 6 games. Now with the much needed switch at RT and a bye week to adapt to it we should be the best we have been all year at protecting the QB off the edges. Now throw in the fact that teams will actually have to game plan for one of our WRs(Crabs). That will do wonders in taking pressure off of Gore (who is now back) and Davis. I expect to see our biggest offensive production of the year with Hill leading the way.

This will be our offensive coming out party!

I hope you're right.
Can't give Schaub too much time in the pocket or it's going to be a long day. Slaton has been quiet this season and I don't think he'll get untracked this week. I expect a high scoring game so I hope the 49ers offense has their best game of the season to date.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
I hope you're right. I've long thought this was a very winnable game.

The Texans are awful at getting pressure on the QB with only 7 sacks through 6 games.

That's a bit surprising considering they have a good D-Line.

looks like a leader and winner to me...
[ Edited by oldman9er on Oct 24, 2009 at 11:42 PM ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:

looks like a leader and winner to me...

wow oldman9er.... not that you would care...but I did not expect this kind of post from you...
The Texans are awful at getting pressure on the QB with only 7 sacks through 6 games. Now with the much needed switch at RT and a bye week to adapt to it we should be the best we have been all year at protecting the QB off the edges. Now throw in the fact that teams will actually have to game plan for one of our WRs(Crabs). That will do wonders in taking pressure off of Gore (who is now back) and Davis. I expect to see our biggest offensive production of the year with Hill leading the way.

This will be our offensive coming out party!

We certainly have something to be exited about for this game, but I don't know about other teams having to "game plan" for Crabtree. He hasn't played a game yet, and has only practiced for a few weeks.

I don't think Crabtree is at the top of the Texans priority list of players that need to be stopped.

That being said, if Crabtree can in fact walk on water, then the Texans will be completely unprepared for him.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 25, 2009 at 12:20 AM ]
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Can't give Schaub too much time in the pocket or it's going to be a long day. Slaton has been quiet this season and I don't think he'll get untracked this week. I expect a high scoring game so I hope the 49ers offense has their best game of the season to date.

If it's a high scoring game, then it's good news for our season, regardless of the outcome.

It would mean that our offense has the ability to put something together for 4 quarters.

That kind of game, plus a win, would get me very exited about the rest of the season.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 25, 2009 at 12:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone