LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Hill and the offense will have its best game of the year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hahahahahahahahahaha ya right that's the best joke I've heard in awhile
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Doesnt matter. B etter o-line play will encourage Sing to only run more, even if its not warranted. He's gonna try to pull off another tight win on the road. And since Houston is NOT a bad team, they're gonna smell blood and take advantage of it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Playing it tight and hoping to win based on another team's mistakes MAY work against lesser opponents eg STL, but good teams will always hit you in the mouth. If Sing plays "not to lose", we will lose BIG. If he plays to "win" and puts points on the board, we have a good chance of leaving Texas at 4-2.........

word. i hope he uses crabtree as a WR and not just a blocker for the RB's since he's a physical receiver. we need to stretch defenses out, after shouting out all summer long that we're gonna run, people are ready for it, they know thats all we got. we gotta get the WR's involved, our receivers are not bad at all, we just need to open up the offense more so they can be effective. and no more end arounds and streaks to bruce, he is the slowest mofo on the field!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I am not sure if the move at right tackle is going to make much difference, we will see.

I have to agree, although Snyder moving to Guard should help.

We just revamped our whole right side. Its definately going to help.

Pashos has been very shaky at RT, hes hardly an improvement over Snyder. And its not set in stone that Snyder is the full-time RG.

Pashos has started 44 games at RT. Are you seriously trying to tell me he isnt an upgrade over Snyder? Tell me that with a straight face. Snyder is a career backup.

Yes, that's how I feel. Pasho's has been getting beat through these past few of games, just as much as Snyder has. I don't know if its a matter of rotating with Snyder or picking up the offense so late in the Off-season, I'm just replying with what I've seen so far in Pasho's.
I am not sure if the move at right tackle is going to make much difference, we will see.

Pashos has been very shaky at RT, hes hardly an improvement over Snyder. And its not set in stone that Snyder is the full-time RG.

Pashos has started 44 games at RT. Are you seriously trying to tell me he isnt an upgrade over Snyder? Tell me that with a straight face. Snyder is a career backup.

Yes, that's how I feel. Pasho's has been getting beat through these past few of games, just as much as Snyder has. I don't know if its a matter of rotating with Snyder or picking up the offense so late in the Off-season, I'm just replying with what I've seen so far in Pasho's.

Fair enough, but with a bye weeks to digest. I suspect Pashos will be back on top of his game. Watch and see
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Fair enough, but with a bye weeks to digest. I suspect Pashos will be back on top of his game. Watch and see

Well I hope your right, its good to see some positivity here for a change.

Getting to Schaub is also key. Actually its key in every game to get to the QB.
The sad part is the offense doesn't really need to do much to have their "best game of the year".
We should win this game, it's will we go out there and do it, that is the question.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Doesnt matter. B etter o-line play will encourage Sing to only run more, even if its not warranted. He's gonna try to pull off another tight win on the road. And since Houston is NOT a bad team, they're gonna smell blood and take advantage of it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Playing it tight and hoping to win based on another team's mistakes MAY work against lesser opponents eg STL, but good teams will always hit you in the mouth. If Sing plays "not to lose", we will lose BIG. If he plays to "win" and puts points on the board, we have a good chance of leaving Texas at 4-2.........

word. i hope he uses crabtree as a WR and not just a blocker for the RB's since he's a physical receiver. we need to stretch defenses out, after shouting out all summer long that we're gonna run, people are ready for it, they know thats all we got. we gotta get the WR's involved, our receivers are not bad at all, we just need to open up the offense more so they can be effective. and no more end arounds and streaks to bruce, he is the slowest mofo on the field!!!

The coaches know the teams limitations and up until this point the OL has sucked and we have not had someone jump out as a playmaker at WR. We have some exciting changes coming this week with Crabtree playing, Gore back, and Pashos starting/Snyder moving to RG. I really believe we will open this offense up if/when the OL starts playing well we're going to open it. Singletary didn't play not to lose as a player he was a hit you in the mouth guy and I believe when the team is ready he will take them there.

Well I hope your right, its good to see some positivity here for a change.

Getting to Schaub is also key. Actually its key in every game to get to the QB.

Wasn't Pashos cut by the Jaguars and unsigned until late in pre-season? I don't know what he was cut for, but it certainly couldn't have been because he was the greatest OL to play the game.
  • carl
  • Veteran
The Texans are awful at getting pressure on the QB with only 7 sacks through 6 games. Now with the much needed switch at RT and a bye week to adapt to it we should be the best we have been all year at protecting the QB off the edges. Now throw in the fact that teams will actually have to game plan for one of our WRs(Crabs). That will do wonders in taking pressure off of Gore (who is now back) and Davis. I expect to see our biggest offensive production of the year with Hill leading the way.

This will be our offensive coming out party!

I'm sorry but you seem to have Niner Talk confused with a board that allows positive posts.

Right on! I can't wait to see how Crabs looks out there. And that's good info on the Texans QB sacks. Let's hope our line decides to play like they did the last half of 2008 and not the first quarter of 2009.

Originally posted by matt49er:

The coaches know the teams limitations and up until this point the OL has sucked and we have not had someone jump out as a playmaker at WR. We have some exciting changes coming this week with Crabtree playing, Gore back, and Pashos starting/Snyder moving to RG. I really believe we will open this offense up if/when the OL starts playing well we're going to open it. Singletary didn't play not to lose as a player he was a hit you in the mouth guy and I believe when the team is ready he will take them there.

i agree, but most of the problem with our offense is the playcalling on rayes part. a few screens and sweeps would make teams think twice about blitzing our weak O-Line all day. they gotta change it up or we're gonna see more of the same
Sounds good because the defense can't be relied upon to win all of the games....

i agree, but most of the problem with our offense is the playcalling on rayes part. a few screens and sweeps would make teams think twice about blitzing our weak O-Line all day. they gotta change it up or we're gonna see more of the same

WAY to much running up the middle! I want to see more screens not only to the RB's but to the TE's also. id say the fault's 70-30 the OL they are the ones on the field making hill run for his life after only 2 seconds of "protection".

Most of the problems with the offense is what most of the problem with the offense has been for the past 6-8 years, an offensive line that is not blocking good enough. If you think it is all on Raye, you just do not see the big picture. He can call whatever play he wants to, or that you want him to, and if the line doesn't block, it is not gonna work.

Most of the problems with the offense is what most of the problem with the offense has been for the past 6-8 years, an offensive line that is not blocking good enough. If you think it is all on Raye, you just do not see the big picture. He can call whatever play he wants to, or that you want him to, and if the line doesn't block, it is not gonna work.

BINGO
Share 49ersWebzone