There are 164 users in the forums

singletary MAKING BIG MISTAKES.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by KRS-1:
It is time for a mod to call a pep rally time out!

I also agree with SD, as inconvenient as that may be. I don't think the 49ers were destined for 1-15. And I honestly believe they SHOULD be competitive in the upcoming games, given that roster.

But as for the rest of it - I think he was right. You don't call for a 'pep rally' in an NFL game. Timeouts are too valuable. You may need them for something serious. Prepare your team BEFORE the game. That was Bill Walsh's philosophy.

People may forget that.

"Get your team prepared to play that week."

Maybe that should be #1 on Singletary's banners around 4949?
[ Edited by dust-7 on Oct 23, 2009 at 9:52 AM ]
Originally posted by dust-7:

I also agree with SD, as inconvenient as that may be. I don't think the 49ers were destined for 1-15. And I honestly believe they SHOULD be competitive in the upcoming games, given that roster.

But as for the rest of it - I think he was right. You don't call for a 'pep rally' in an NFL game. Timeouts are too valuable. You may need them for something serious. Prepare your team BEFORE the game. That was Bill Walsh's philosophy.

People may forget that.

K, so just sit back and do nothing, you didn't prepare well for the game during the week? Too bad, don't do nothing about, just sit back and lose....

...the reasoning of some people.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

People may forget that.

K, so just sit back and do nothing, you didn't prepare well for the game during the week? Too bad, don't do nothing about, just sit back and lose....

He has done this twice over five games, and split 1-1 on results.

Are we seriously harping about one instance of burning a time out early as evidence that the head coach is MAKING BIG MISTAKES?

There is a reason the term "forty whiners" came about.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
you didn't prepare well for the game during the week? Too bad, don't do nothing about, just sit back and lose.

I think Bill Walsh had an answer for you. And I think his reasoning was sound.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Are we seriously harping about one instance of burning a time out early as evidence that the head coach is MAKING BIG MISTAKES?

I agree with SD - it WAS a BIG mistake. He needed that timeout for a challenge that could well have changed the course of the game. And in the NFL - you come prepared to play.

I've said that, now, many times. I've pointed out to those defending bad football, here, that COACH SING said the same. He took responsibility for NOT being prepared. And that's how he phrased it. It's exactly what he said.

Sing was right. Those making excuses here, are wrong.

He made a BIG mistake. He knows it. Don't defend it. Move on.
you didn't prepare well for the game during the week? Too bad, don't do nothing about, just sit back and lose.

I think Bill Walsh had an answer for you. And I think his reasoning was sound.

Please continue....
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Please continue

Don't you read the previous messages in a thread?
Niner talk is amazing.....
Please continue

Yes I dood.

I agree with SD - it WAS a BIG mistake. He needed that timeout for a challenge that could well have changed the course of the game. And in the NFL - you come prepared to play.

I've said that, now, many times. I've pointed out to those defending bad football, here, that COACH SING said the same. He took responsibility for NOT being prepared. And that's how he phrased it. It's exactly what he said.

Do you think that timeout was the difference maker, that could have prevented a loss? I don't think so. I think they got beat down by a better team, and it still would have happened if they got the ball back after Delanie lost it on the return.

So was it a BIG mistake? No, I don't think so. Every team burns timeouts early that they wish they had back at times. The only difference between when a good team or struggling team does this is the perception in the minds of frustrated fans. The game wasn;t close at all. The perception that this single issue was a game breaker is false.
Please continue

LOL, yeah, I read your post and I've been reading SD's post for 17 pages now. Any more questions?
I love Singletary, but if I was Jed York, it would be hard to pass on Holmgren or Shanahan if they were interested in coming back to SF.

Do you think that timeout was the difference maker, that could have prevented a loss? I don't think so. I think they got beat down by a better team, and it still would have happened if they got the ball back after Delanie lost it on the return.

So was it a BIG mistake? No, I don't think so. Every team burns timeouts early that they wish they had back at times. The only difference between when a good team or struggling team does this is the perception in the minds of frustrated fans. The game wasn;t close at all. The perception that this single issue was a game breaker is false.

So true.
Share 49ersWebzone