LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 454 users in the forums

Got Crabtree's Back !?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hell yeah i support Crabtree! Yeah what he did made him look like a complete Douche but this could be our first big time player since TO. I think he's going to be dominant for us for many years. He's on the team now and i'll cheer just as loud if not louder cause i want him to succeed and dominate the league.

GO CRABS GO!!!
  • B650
  • Veteran
The thing I like about him is his crisp route running. He looks like he's going to be hard to stop one-on-one. So he's a 49er, therefore, I'll support him. But he has to produce.
I'm definitely a Crabtree backer.
I will be rockin his jersey on Sunday
He's a niner, so I got his back.
Originally posted by B650:
The thing I like about him is his crisp route running. He looks like he's going to be hard to stop one-on-one. So he's a 49er, therefore, I'll support him. But he has to produce.

That's what I like about you, B650; even though you voice your dislike about how some things are going, you still clearly back and support your team.
Our star receiver, has in his blood, a tendency to hang around crab apple trees:

Crabtree Surname Origin
(English) Dweller at a Crab-Apple-Tree [Middle English crabbe, Old English crabba, crab + Middle English tre/tree, Old English treow].
As soon as he signed that contract I had his back. As soon as he changes uniforms I no longer support him
Football is a business. There is no place for emotion when it comes to decision making. Starting Crabtree is a smart business decision.
Originally posted by krizay:
As long as he ain't packin

slackin

or smackin

Then i'm backin' as long as he gets it crackin'

hahahah

From MM on Twitter:

MattMaiocco All of the above. He looks very fresh. RT @Badboy49er does he look quick? Hands? Top speed? Route running...etc?

MattMaiocco Can't give away any game-plan stuff, but will just say that Michael Crabtree looks the part on the 49ers practice field. He'll be fine.

From MB on Twitter:

mattbarrows Can't get into details, but Crabtree looks strong in practice. Was a frequent target of Hill's. The two are trying to est. a quick rapport .
Originally posted by backontop:
As soon as he signed that contract I had his back. As soon as he changes uniforms I no longer support him

Same.

To me, when he signed that contract is when he became a 49er.

-9fA
He's on the team so I hope he's even better than we could have ever dreamed. But until I see him play at least a few games, I'm just going to hope for the best and be neither a sacker or a backer.
You can still support Crabtree , yet acknowledge that starting jobs are to be earned. I think Sing made a grave error in doing so. It goes against what he's been preaching to his players all along and no matter how they idolize him, some will resent the kid coming in so late, missing all the blood, sweat and tears and being handed the starting job without proving a single thing.
Play him yes, but make him earn the rest with his performance in battle.
As far as fan support, playing an away game for his inaugaration, and after a bye week, couldn't be better scripted. If he shows something, then the home crowd next week will be in a forgiving mood and there'll be fewer boos and immediate acceptance.
Let's hope that sooner, rather than later, there will be WOW moments and all the pain of the negotiations will be forgotten.And I still say it should be Crabs, Morgan and Jones!
Unlike most of the people on here, I never badmouthed the kid. I never felt the need to call him Craptree or CashGreed or whatever lame nickname he was given by overreacting fans, nor was I acting like I didn't want him on the team. So of course I'm backing him.
Share 49ersWebzone