LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Got Crabtree's Back !?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Backin or Sackin ?

Some people say he's unbelievably stupid others say he knows he's good and is a kid just wanting to make sure he got what he deserves and was a little misled.

The way I see it he has to earn it. Any wide receiver should be humbled to be a top pick of the great 49ers. But we all know that. I think he knows that too. With all the stuff people have been tossing at him he hasn't once come out against the team and the players have his back clearly. I think he really believes he is going to be an elite talent, and just wanted to make sure he got what he should but found out (as a young kid) that you have to be "humble" about it too.

Got his back. I think he wants to tear it up. But I want to hear some respect for Rice, Taylor, Solomon, both the Washington's, and "the catch."
Glad he is doing everything he can to get on the field & show us what he's got.
he a niner, so i am backing him. as long as he is puttin it all out there for the squad i am wit him. if he busting his butt and performing on the field i can not help but love it. as long as his holdout was going on i viewed him as an outsider, but the moment he signed he became a part of the family and i will ride for him
My only hesitation was that I thought he was pulling an Eli Manning and basically refusing to play for us.

That said, he was my favorite college player for the past 2 years. He's the best college WR I've ever seen play, so sure, I couldn't have been any happier when we drafted him.

Of course I want him to succeed. We haven't had a dominat WR since TO left. A legit threat in the passing game could only help our lackluster rushing attack.
Will you marry me Crabtree???
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Will you marry me Crabtree???

The way this Jim Beam is going down, I might
  • ZRF80
I back him as a 49er, but not as our starting receiver. I know the team is trying to put the best people out on the field, but here's a guy that missed the first month of the season, caused some distractions in Ninerland, and now he jumps over everyone on the depth chart as potential starter. Meanwhile, a guy like BJones who signed thinking he would actually play a role for this team gets "benched" on a default (injury).

Im not opposed to Crabtree playing on Sunday; hell, I have no problem even if he gets more snaps than any other receiver on th team. I do, however, have a problem with Singletary and Co. making him look like he's the "one", and in a span of 2 weeks he went from not even having a SF logo on his helmet to starting opposite a HOF receiver. Comeon Sing......you know there are other guys on this team that deserve the praise more......
  • krizay
  • Veteran
As long as he ain't packin

slackin

or smackin

Then i'm backin' as long as he gets it crackin'
[ Edited by krizay on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:56 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
As long as he ain't packin

slackin

or smackin

Then i'm backin' as long as he gets it crackin'

haha great post man. I am backing him and I know everyone here would have backed him 100% had the holdout not happened. I love the fact that he showed up ready and is impressing the coaching staff. I would not start him game 1 however, play him a bunch but don't start him before he ever has any NFL experience. After he proves something put him in for Bruce not Morgan.
100 percent behind the kid, I hope we drafted a great one this time.

• VDburns6949
  • Info N/A
#1 I have no ill will towards the guy wishing him the best.

#2 You have no business in this league if you believe you are incapable of being a legit playmaker in some way.

With that said reguardless of what he does this Sunday and each following. He should not be starting ahead of anyone! As i recall Sing told J. Hill the reason he was not seeing the field at all(even though we dont pass enough anyway) was due to injury in the offseason. Now Crabtree comes in missing over 70 days w/ out even having a playbook to look at and will start 3weeks after sigining. Hey to all my guys that showed up gave their all in the heat over the summer let me just SLAP YOU IN THE FACE(coach Sing) Talk about being a man of your word i got respect for him but i will take everything he says w/ a grain of salt. The passing game looks anemic and we need all the help we can get but make this guy earn his spot or things aregonna be way worse than his 70+ day hold out. By starting him it just plays into everything he was prompting over the summer , and he will feel like he can do what he wants as much as i hope for his success this is a bad move in my eyes for team morale. You wanna cahnge the passing game slap the o-line around maybe even switch qb's.dont
Originally posted by VDburns6949:

#2 You have no business in this league if you believe you are incapable of being a legit playmaker in some way.

With that said reguardless of what he does this Sunday and each following. He should not be starting ahead of anyone! As i recall Sing told J. Hill the reason he was not seeing the field at all(even though we dont pass enough anyway) was due to injury in the offseason. Now Crabtree comes in missing over 70 days w/ out even having a playbook to look at and will start 3weeks after sigining. Hey to all my guys that showed up gave their all in the heat over the summer let me just SLAP YOU IN THE FACE(coach Sing) Talk about being a man of your word i got respect for him but i will take everything he says w/ a grain of salt. The passing game looks anemic and we need all the help we can get but make this guy earn his spot or things aregonna be way worse than his 70+ day hold out. By starting him it just plays into everything he was prompting over the summer , and he will feel like he can do what he wants as much as i hope for his success this is a bad move in my eyes for team morale. You wanna cahnge the passing game slap the o-line around maybe even switch qb's.dont

Crabtree is probably better than the the other WR's being bumped down the charts, even WITH all the time he missed...we'll se soon enough I guess
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Was he suppose to tell Hill he wasn't good enough to play? He looked for the easy way out without hurting the confidence or feelings of one of his players. Like coaches do!
I am really indifferent to crabtree. If he catches 3 TD passes this weekend I would be cheering. If he gets his clock cleaned by a strong safety I will probably smile as long as he is not hurt.
  • VDburns6949
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by krizay:

Was he suppose to tell Hill he wasn't good enough to play? He looked for the easy way out without hurting the confidence or feelings of one of his players. Like coaches do!

That would be fine if it was true but i do remember us winning 4 games down the stretch w/ Hill in as a starter and he's basicly down to p squad w/o being given a decent chance to show if hegood enough or not. Everybody looks good in practice because you practice things over and over. Work him in slowly then promote him, you can't say one thing of one player then the exact opposite to another. The only reason these guys are not complaining is because they dont want to be in the doghouse and not see the field at all. He may be better but he shold have to prove it before other guys are demoted
Share 49ersWebzone