LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Got Crabtree's Back !?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Unlike most of the people on here, I never badmouthed the kid. I never felt the need to call him Craptree or CashGreed or whatever lame nickname he was given by overreacting fans, nor was I acting like I didn't want him on the team. So of course I'm backing him.

congradulations! would you like a cookie
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
From MM on Twitter:

MattMaiocco All of the above. He looks very fresh. RT @Badboy49er does he look quick? Hands? Top speed? Route running...etc?

MattMaiocco Can't give away any game-plan stuff, but will just say that Michael Crabtree looks the part on the 49ers practice field. He'll be fine.

From MB on Twitter:

mattbarrows Can't get into details, but Crabtree looks strong in practice. Was a frequent target of Hill's. The two are trying to est. a quick rapport .

Great stuff to hear!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He better be the real deal or he is gonna be most hated player on the team.
backing

Would have been nice if all this BS didn't go down, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt he was being led down a bad decision path by his agent & other advisors. Every article I've read with interveiws from people who know him all say he is not a diva, and is a team player.
im backing Crabtree 100% i blame the agent more than i blame crabs. thats all over with tho, regardless of what happened crabtree is a 49er and i hope he tears the league apart
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
You can still support Crabtree , yet acknowledge that starting jobs are to be earned. I think Sing made a grave error in doing so. It goes against what he's been preaching to his players all along and no matter how they idolize him, some will resent the kid coming in so late, missing all the blood, sweat and tears and being handed the starting job without proving a single thing.
Play him yes, but make him earn the rest with his performance in battle.
As far as fan support, playing an away game for his inaugaration, and after a bye week, couldn't be better scripted. If he shows something, then the home crowd next week will be in a forgiving mood and there'll be fewer boos and immediate acceptance.
Let's hope that sooner, rather than later, there will be WOW moments and all the pain of the negotiations will be forgotten.And I still say it should be Crabs, Morgan and Jones!

"When you have a guy like that, you don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to figure it out. If the guy can play, if he can make plays, put him on the field, give him a chance, let's see what he can do. Or I could be stubborn, I could be a knucklehead and say, 'You know what, he wasn't here, Josh (Morgan) is going to start or this guy's going to start and that's the way it's going to be.' I want to be fair to the team. The team comes first and the team wants to win." - Mike Singletary

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/49ers-Crabtree-gearing-up-for-NFL-debut-65294682.html#
I hated the holdout. It made me mad at Crabtree.
The holdout is over and I am not mad anymore either.

We got this kid for 6 years . . . if he is as good as we think he might be then we will have soon forgotten all the angst and anger about the holdout and about getting a starting slot.

Produce kid . . . just produce.
I'm a webzoner man. I'm totally behind him. Last month he was Satan though.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Unlike most of the people on here, I never badmouthed the kid. I never felt the need to call him Craptree or CashGreed or whatever lame nickname he was given by overreacting fans
, nor was I acting like I didn't want him on the team. So of course I'm backing him.

Slappin

Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Will you marry me Crabtree???

Share 49ersWebzone