LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by Chief:
Morgan did not get benched, he just got moved down a spot, no?

I hope he plays the slot. I kind of like the idea of having morgan going against the other teams third corner/nickle back.

I was thinking along the lines that Chief is thinking. Morgan was bumped to the #3 spot and Battle down to #4

That makes sense.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I still think it should be Morgan in place of bruce

that will eventually happen

Morgan and Crabtree starting

next year
this shouldn't be a surprise!!!
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by Chief:
Morgan did not get benched, he just got moved down a spot, no?

I hope he plays the slot. I kind of like the idea of having morgan going against the other teams third corner/nickle back.

I was thinking along the lines that Chief is thinking. Morgan was bumped to the #3 spot and Battle down to #4

That makes sense.

I thought it was common sense. Some posters are acting like Morgan will never see the field ever again in his life.
I was thinking about this whole thing and it dawned on me, do you think Crabtree was told he would start when he signed the contract in order to get his numbers up in attempt to earn that 40 mil? I think that could be the possibility... Just a thought
Maybe Sing feels that Morgan is not applying himself to the fullest. Could be he is using this move to get Morgan to refocus on the basics. The comment Morgan made about the ball falling like a punt, maybe true, but IS lame coming from a Pro and no Coach wants to hear those type of excuses. JMO
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Oct 19, 2009 at 7:17 PM ]
I dunno about him starting. I mean the guy has been in the offense for 2 weeks. He only knows 12-15 plays maybe. I guess the key is not the fact that he is starting but more on how many snaps will he play. I'm guessing he will get a descent amount of playing time but I also expect Morgan to get a descent amount of time on the field as well. We'll just have to see how that goes. Hopefully he becomes a difference maker.
I haven't seen anything from Bruce or Morgan, to show they deserve a starting spot on any NFL team this year. I guess I'm a little surprised it was Morgan demoted and not Bruce. However, I guess the thinking is that Bruce has at least shown consistency during past years, and Morgan has never shown consistency.

I've been hoping for a shake-up at WR. Why not give it to the kid who is the highest paid reciever on the team?
The bubble screens and other short plays that seemed to first pop up in the Rams game are probably the same plays that Crabs will get. Didn't most of those go to the slot reciever?

I would bet he is going to get rouyes that are modified versions of plays Crabs ran at TT. It would make it easier on both Crabs and Raye in terms of getting him involved without shaking things up too much, and getting a group of plays that Crabs could be successful with.

Just something I have been thinking about, I don't usually try and diagnose plays (I leave that to some of you guys with better knowledge on the subject) but with Crabs getting into the lineup this fast, either Raye and Co. are coaching geniuses or the playbook and the reciever are meeting halfway.
Go Crabtree Go!!!!

Where does Brandon Jones fit into all this?

We need to trim down our WR squad.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

He fits on the bench between Hill and Spurlock

Yeah dump Spurlock and Battle
Originally posted by NinerGM:

I know there are still 7 WRs on a "rushing" team!

LOL!!

Since we know they can block, why not try putting some of them in the backfield?
CRANK DAT CRABTREE!

[modded]

CRANK DAT CRABTREE!

[modded]

CRANK DAT CRABTREE!

[ Edited by Esco on Oct 19, 2009 at 7:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone