There are 144 users in the forums

What IF Martz was Still our OC ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All I have to say, is if Martz is so great, why is he at home on the couch on Sundays?

Martz will not be sitting home when people realize what he did with no talent in SF. Raye cant do anything with these bums.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
All I have to say, is if Martz is so great, why is he at home on the couch on Sundays?

Nobody said he's great, but I'd take Martz over the junk I've been seeing much of this year. What was Raye doing before we picked him up, washing jockstraps?
Originally posted by B650:

Nobody said he's great, but I'd take Martz over the junk I've been seeing much of this year. What was Raye doing before we picked him up, washing jockstraps?

Sleeping through team meetings!
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by B650:
No, because Hill is retarded, and has a the arm strength and accuracy of a 2nd grader.

Calling people retarded makes you look like a dumbass. Also, your writing skills aren't much better than 2nd grade work.

thanks grammar nazi, i'll make sure you get receive your badge.

also, it's called sarcasm, welcome to in internetz.

He is right about the retarded comment, grammar aside.

our running game would be the same
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
5-0

yep easy
We would've been moving the ball, that's for sure. We wouldn't be last in 3rd down conversions, and we would actually see WR's open, and running bad routes.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fzrdave:
And Hill would have a lot more QB sacks against him.

?

We're on pace to match last year...So I wouldn't say it would be more...probably more of the same.
Things would be about the same. No OLine to block for runs or passes. It is sad to say it but our OLine has to be the worst in the league

Not sure if it would matter because the league has caught up to Shaun Hill:take away the short/medium passing game and he'll usually struggle with the medium/long passes.Hopefully Raye,Hill and the rest of the offense can somehow adjust otherwise it will get uglier than it is right now.
Originally posted by backontop:
Things would be about the same. No OLine to block for runs or passes. It is sad to say it but our OLine has to be the worst in the league

and last year it was one of the best? nothing has changed from last year to this year, our oline is exactly as bad, even worse because of Martz absence, if that's even possible.
Originally posted by backontop:

and last year it was one of the best? nothing has changed from last year to this year, our oline is exactly as bad, even worse because of Martz absence, if that's even possible.

Can you read? I stated that things would be the same. Did I say that last year the OLine was the best?
Did'nt the niners lead the league in number of pass plays of 30+ yards last year? At least we'd have been able to pass the ball better then we have to date.
[ Edited by notaclue on Oct 18, 2009 at 1:18 PM ]
I think Martz did a good job towards the end of last year. I just wish he used the TEs more in his game plan. VD is one of our best players on offense and he wasn't utilized at all by Martz. If he made some tweaks to adjust to our personnel, I would rather have him than Raye.
Share 49ersWebzone