There are 173 users in the forums

Shaun Hill, 1st downs, playoffs-article

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who cares if the writer has validity or not someone finally breaks down our QB with stats. He did a pretty good job in my opinion. The words that stick out to me is the line, "Not moving the 49ers IN THE TIME HE THROWS." Meaning when he does have the time and throws, which no one really talks about. Either way i hope we are better as a team, especially offensively around after the bye.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2009/10/17/shaun-hill-isnt-producing-1st-downs-can-he-take-the-49ers-to-the-playoffs/
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Oct 17, 2009 at 9:04 AM ]
Yeah, I was surprised Kawakami wrote an article with facts to back it up. This is the scary truth. This offense has got to change. The O line and playcalling need to get better.
informative read. highlights our biggest struggle this year, and also points out how effective and efficient Hill was last year.
We need to bring back Jeff Garica, even at his age he's better than all our QB combined.He has valuable experience and a former pro-bowler, he can take the reins until next years draft or until Davis or Smith mature.
Originally posted by NinerFaithful:
We need to bring back Jeff Garica, even at his age he's better than all our QB combined.He has valuable experience and a former pro-bowler, he can take the reins until next years draft or until Davis or Smith mature.

that's what you got out of that article? how bizarre.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

it tells me a lot about sing that, he has no clue about Offenses, cuz he said that Garcia not much of unupgrade from hill. Then again i don't think Tom Brady will not do well behind our OL.

Ray is the problem and the OL , Hill will give less cuz of his arm. he had a weak arm last year, hill won with his weak ass arm last year , this year but not with this week ass play calling and OL.
[ Edited by cNiner on Oct 17, 2009 at 10:21 AM ]
Originally posted by cNiner:

it tells me a lot about sing that, he has no clue about Offenses, cuz he said that Garcia not much of unupgrade from hill. Then again i don't think Tom Brady will not do well behind our OL.

Ray is the problem and the OL , Hill will give less cuz of his arm. he had a weak arm last year, hill won with his weak ass arm last year , this year but not with this week ass play calling and OL.

We have basically the same personnel on O, but Hill's stats are remarkably lower this year. You could blame that on Martz pass-happy offense, but we are talking about %'s and ratings, something that would not be affected by passing a lot or passing a little. The only thing to change with our offense is the playcalling. I mean what is it?

The order of the playcalling?
the lack of plays developing?
the plays themselves?

Or have defenses supposedly just "figured out" Hill as many doubters thought they would? I would like to see how our offense would have done with Martz this year, relative to how we have done so far...

I mean, am I imagining things, or do we have the exact same offensive pieces as last year? The only difference this year is playcalling...
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by cNiner:

We have basically the same personnel on O, but Hill's stats are remarkably lower this year. You could blame that on Martz pass-happy offense, but we are talking about %'s and ratings, something that would not be affected by passing a lot or passing a little. The only thing to change with our offense is the playcalling. I mean what is it?

The order of the playcalling?
the lack of plays developing?
the plays themselves?

Or have defenses supposedly just "figured out" Hill as many doubters thought they would? I would like to see how our offense would have done with Martz this year, relative to how we have done so far...

I mean, am I imagining things, or do we have the exact same offensive pieces as last year? The only difference this year is playcalling...

I honestly believe now that defenses are catching on to his weak arm, our O-Line sucks and our OC is not very good.

This could be our downfall this year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Don't worry guys Crabgreed will fix all the problems on offense.
Originally posted by susweel:

Is he going to show Hill how to improve his arm strength, maybe how to throw a spiral so he can get the ball in the passing window? Maybe he will show Shaun how to regain his pocket presence, or how to escape the rush and not just step into the sack. At least he can run bubble screens so Hill can get some passing yards without having to actually try to hit routes down the field.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Is he going to show Hill how to improve his arm strength, maybe how to throw a spiral so he can get the ball in the passing window? Maybe he will show Shaun how to regain his pocket presence, or how to escape the rush and not just step into the sack. At least he can run bubble screens so Hill can get some passing yards without having to actually try to hit routes down the field.

Do you feel like he was doing a lot more with his feet last year? Cause I feel like he is basically standing in place this year...
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Do you feel like he was doing a lot more with his feet last year? Cause I feel like he is basically standing in place this year...

Well like the article said, he's not his old self. And it kind of makes you wonder, was he only that good because he came in to salvage what he could, rather then actually start the season. Just a question. Either way, o-line holdin up or not, he does seem very immobile, besides those two or three big runs the last game.
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:

Don't hurt yourself; sus is being a smartass.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:

Don't hurt yourself; sus is being a smartass.

I will try not to.
Share 49ersWebzone