There are 159 users in the forums

Why do we have a mediocre team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Are the 9ers just an average team? Can they get passed bad line play and no pass rush? Are we going to watch an 8-8 season and miss the playoffs? I thought they were a 6-10 team but today they looked like a 4-12 team. The Falcons arent that good.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
The Falcons arent that good.
we'll see in two weeks. We lay another egg, we're still the same ol' sorry ass niners.
yes they are most of us thought they were a playoff team and i still belive that.
I thought they would contend 4 and win this division this year. Last I checked we are still in this thing. I think we will see a pretty good effort from this squad the rest of this season
They need the defense to carry them, that is who they are. Still didn't draft any solid tackles, no o-line...I know they laid an egg bot 45-10?? That much of an egg on defense scares me.
Meh, we can still own the division/go to the playoffs, we're just going to have to do it the 'NFC West' way by beating all our rivals, and winning a couple of crap games against some crappy teams outside of the division/conference.
where are all these people coming from? There seems to be a sudden influx of niner "oh-crap-the-season-is-over-after-one-game" fans.
Falcons beat the Fins at home(Fins suck). Beat the Panthers by only 8(Panthers are worse then the Fins) and couldnt contend with the Patriots. They beat the niners @$$ today!! It wasnt even close. I stand by the Falcons are not a good team.
We're far from elite. I still think we can win the west.

Originally posted by darkknight49:
where are all these people coming from? There seems to be a sudden influx of niner "oh-crap-the-season-is-over-after-one-game" fans.

It's called Niner Talk, dk. Duh.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

They're mostly Alex Smith fans, waiting for us to fail so that they can call for Hill's head and demand that Alex Start.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

They're mostly Alex Smith fans, waiting for us to fail so that they can call for Hill's head and demand that Alex Start.

I think Hill will indeed fail. I am by no means hoping for it. I do not want to see Smith in there either tho. Hill is the best we have right now, and the problem at QB is, Hill is the best we have right now.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WINiner:

I think Hill will indeed fail. I am by no means hoping for it. I do not want to see Smith in there either tho. Hill is the best we have right now, and the problem at QB is, Hill is the best we have right now.

I can agree with that.

Shaun Hill is no long-term answer.

But replacing him this season solves absolutely nothing.
Share 49ersWebzone