There are 198 users in the forums

some of you make me laugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I remember when the schedule came out. People would have been happy going into the bye 3-2 leading the division.
Even the best of Niner teams gets blown out early once a year...
we're 0-2 against playoff teams
Originally posted by 666SF666SF:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/1994.htm

'94 team lost to the Eagles 40-8...in week 5...to go 3-2. Steve Young goes 11-23 for 99 yards and 2 picks.

Start Grbac!!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kingairta:
I remember when the schedule came out. People would have been happy going into the bye 3-2 leading the division.

Not if we knew our offense was going to perform this horribly and the Falcons would come in and beat us in our own house by 35 points. Once up a time we used to beat up on the Falcons. Nowadays, 35-point losses are acceptable apparently. Let's turn the other cheek because in our next game Shaun Hill is going to turn into Bionic Commando, throwing 50 yard out patterns all over the field, Isaac Bruce is going to start playing like he did when he was 25, and Manny Lawson is going to morph into a Lawrence Taylor/Incredible Hulk hybrid. That's the power of the bye week.

We're just used to losing; that's the bottom line. We're so used to losing that we are actually brainwashed into thinking that Shaun Hill is an NFL QB.

There are, however, some reasons for optimism.

A)In our last Super Bowl season, Philadelphia came into our house and beat us 40-8. That was the turning point for our season. Something happened that day though. The great Steve Young was BENCHED. Yes, BENCHED. But, apparently, Shaun Hill is too great to be benched. Why light a fire and show your team that this kind of loss is unacceptable? Nah, that wouldn't be a good idea. Just stick with Hill and let him keep throwing wobbly ducks all over the place, everywhere EXCEPT between the WR's numbers. He misses high. He misses low. He misses behind them. He overthrows them. He throws it when they're blanketed. He throws the ball too late. He throws the ball too early. Let's just say there is a lot of room for improvement at the QB position. You want to see a real QB? Watch the Minnesota and Atlanta games.

B)We play in the NFC West. Enough said.

C)Frank Gore and Michael Crabtree will hopefully provide some sort of spark, although I'm hoping the reason we came out flat wasn't the players being a little ticked off that Crabtree got so much attention and money when they're busting their tails out there. I didn't see the same intensity out there today, and I can't think of any other reason. But, whether that's the case or not, reinforcements are on the way.

D)We have a bunch of 1st-round draft picks next season.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by pantstickle:

'94 team lost to the Eagles 40-8...in week 5...to go 3-2. Steve Young goes 11-23 for 99 yards and 2 picks.

Start Grbac!!

I SO thought of this game while listening to the debacle unfold yesterday.

Steve was benched in that game and blew up at George then I believe they won 10 straight.

I was waiting for Sing to do the same at least give Smith some mop up time
  • r28884
  • Info N/A
I dont think we are a very good or even decent offensive team. We have a top 10 defense and a 30th offense. Hill is not going to win us games, yes he might get lucky on the final drive once or twice and we win. Thats not what im saying, he is a game manager and when we need to pass, he cant do it. Now I know our WR/TE did not help any, how many times does VD have to run behind the defender before someone smacks him the face to let him know hes doing it wrong. Where was Brandon Jones, WTF. We spent how much on him to ride the bench, yea he was hurt, well guess what hes not now get him on the field. And when are we going to start running screens to the RBs. Get sheets and use his speed, he doesnt pass protect, so what get it out fast enough and it wont matter. Why did we have a TE returning kicks? Seriously...Even with all that said, we lost because we tried to hard to get a turnover to try and turn the game, then when we couldnt we just gave up...Coach sing is gonna have some @sses this bye week.
Originally posted by B650:

Not if we knew our offense was going to perform this horribly and the Falcons would come in and beat us in our own house by 35 points. Once up a time we used to beat up on the Falcons. Nowadays, 35-point losses are acceptable apparently. Let's turn the other cheek because in our next game Shaun Hill is going to turn into Bionic Commando, throwing 50 yard out patterns all over the field, Isaac Bruce is going to start playing like he did when he was 25, and Manny Lawson is going to morph into a Lawrence Taylor/Incredible Hulk hybrid. That's the power of the bye week.

We're just used to losing; that's the bottom line. We're so used to losing that we are actually brainwashed into thinking that Shaun Hill is an NFL QB.

A)In our last Super Bowl season, Philadelphia came into our house and beat us 40-8. That was the turning point for our season. Something happened that day though. The great Steve Young was BENCHED. Yes, BENCHED. But, apparently, Shaun Hill is too great to be benched. Why light a fire and show your team that this kind of loss is unacceptable? Nah, that wouldn't be a good idea. Just stick with Hill and let him keep throwing wobbly ducks all over the place, everywhere EXCEPT between the WR's numbers. He misses high. He misses low. He misses behind them. He overthrows them. He throws it when they're blanketed. He throws the ball too late. He throws the ball too early. Let's just say there is a lot of room for improvement at the QB position. You want to see a real QB? Watch the Minnesota and Atlanta games.

C)Frank Gore and Michael Crabtree will hopefully provide some sort of spark, although I'm hoping the reason we came out flat wasn't the players being a little ticked off that Crabtree got so much attention and money when they're busting their tails out there. I didn't see the same intensity out there today, and I can't think of any other reason. But, whether that's the case or not, reinforcements are on the way.

We all knew what kind of offense we have.

This was one game. The upside is we know we can do better.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by calinig4life:

With no hope of beating Philadelphia, New Orleans, or New York.
Originally posted by calinig4life:

WOW! How stupid is that! We were ONE play from being 4-0 and then we get our ass kicked and know the season is lost??? NO and who's in the PLAYOFFS 5 games into the season? Which teams?

As the great Jim Mora would say: "PLAYOFFS, PLAYOFFS!"

• B650
  • Veteran

It didn't have to be that way. I'm pissed that we got rid of Martz, and I'm pissed who we got rid of Martz for. If we had Martz, I bet you we'd be 4-1 right now. Who gives a f--- about rushing the ball? We don't have the roster suited to do this. Gore had a 1,000 yard season under Martz. Faulk had 2,000 combined yards under Martz. The only drawback is Vernon Davis catches a few less catches. Big deal. At least our offense doesn't look this anemic. Watching the Giants for 162 games is bad enough, now another 16 games of this crap? What do we have to do to get some freakin' offense? I mean f---, field a respectable product out there so we can enjoy watching the damn games. Isn't that why WE pay the players?

Maybe I just need a couple days to get over this one.

[ Edited by B650 on Oct 12, 2009 at 07:38:23 ]

It didn't have to be that way. I'm pissed that we got rid of Martz, and I'm pissed who we got rid of Martz for. If we had Martz, I bet you we'd be 4-1 right now. Who gives a f--- about rushing the ball. We don't have the roster suited to do this. Gore had a 1,000 yard season under Martz. Faulk had 2,000 combined yards under Martz. The only drawback is Vernon Davis catches a few less catches. Big deal. At least our offense doesn't look this anemic. Watching the Giants for 162 games is bad enough, now another 16 games of this crap? What do we have to do to get some freakin' offense? I mean f---, field a respectable product out there so we can enjoy watching the damn games. Isn't that why WE pay the players?

With the personnel we have we can't throw the ball the way Martz would want. Heck Hill can't even get a three step drop without a defender in his face.

I'm liking the mentality. When given lemons you make lemonade.

Until the Oline starts giving some semblance of pass protection and we have a recieving corp that can get open and a QB who can "thread the needle" we're stuck as a running team.
  • B650
  • Veteran

It didn't have to be that way. I'm pissed that we got rid of Martz, and I'm pissed who we got rid of Martz for. If we had Martz, I bet you we'd be 4-1 right now. Who gives a f--- about rushing the ball. We don't have the roster suited to do this. Gore had a 1,000 yard season under Martz. Faulk had 2,000 combined yards under Martz. The only drawback is Vernon Davis catches a few less catches. Big deal. At least our offense doesn't look this anemic. Watching the Giants for 162 games is bad enough, now another 16 games of this crap? What do we have to do to get some freakin' offense? I mean f---, field a respectable product out there so we can enjoy watching the damn games. Isn't that why WE pay the players?

With the personnel we have we can't throw the ball the way Martz would want. Heck Hill can't even get a three step drop without a defender in his face.

I'm liking the mentality. When given lemons you make lemonade.

Until the Oline starts giving some semblance of pass protection and we have a recieving corp that can get open and a QB who can "thread the needle" we're stuck as a running team.

JT O'Sullivan and even Shaun Hill had some success passing the ball last year. The only player we lost was Bryant Johnson. We can pass the ball, but our system is the problem. We're putting Jason Hill on the bench, letting him watch Isaac Bruce go out and drop pass after pass. At least he's learning from Arnaz Battle, right? Wrong. Battle ain't doing jack either. But, those WRs are getting playing time. On kickoffs, we have a TE who can't cut out there. I can go on, but you get the point. Our coaches are making stupid ass decisions.
Originally posted by sanfran49:
i know that we got BEAT in every aspect of the game today and we played like sh*t!!! I just think its funny how EVERYONE was all over the niners n*t sack through the first 4 games and then ALL OF A SUDDEN... we play like sh*t (ONE) game and now all i hear is how Clements sucks, how coach Sings sucks, how our D sucks, etc.... its funny how after one game we all of a sudden suck.

Heres the reality, were a good Defensive team, we just played sloppy! heck, even willis, god all mighty, was silent today. Do you really think atlanta is that much better than Minnesota? than Arizona?... maybe a litle but their not that much better. we just had an off night. everything we did today was just OFF and un-characteristic of what we really are. on offence, defence, special teams, playcalling, using time outs.. everything was just OFF today. does this mean were better than them? no, not at this point but we allowed them to kick our ass!

this happens every year, every good team, or almost every good team has one of these losses per year. its happens, dont lose hope after ONE game!

It is kinda funny. But welcome to Niner Talk!

LB
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Start Grbac!!

LOL.

LB
Share 49ersWebzone