LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

Who was the pass rusher

Shop Find 49ers gear online
this loss will sting for a while. So many couldda, shouldda, wouldda's. It seems a couple of the DL's just gave up, thinking, "I'm not gonna get there in time". Maybe a time out just before the snap of the ball would of helped. Give them a breather, maybe put in some fresh pass rushers.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by SFBlue:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I too was claiming victory just a tad too early. Never again!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude!! I did something I will never do again... I got up during Favres game winning drive and declared to my gf that I was "getting my victory beer ready". I poured it, and even took a sip seconds before Favre's TD throw. Premature? YES.

lol. I sent a voice recording via blackberry messenger to all my friends that simply said. "WOOOO HOOOOOO 3-0 BABY!", next thing I know, 3 and out, Favre driving down the field. After the TD, got a bunch of "LOL" messages.

Yeah, there's nothing worse than setting yourself up to get it rubbed in. Oh well, this is the best Niner team in years and the record will show it!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
We lost for a few reasons. The Offense couldn't get a first down to kill time. And Brett Favre and Greg Lewis made a heck of a play. And the third reason is that Mark Cannot make plays, couldn't bat the ball away or push the reciever out of bounds.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
that ran right past farve on the last play? and how come noone is talking about him? he had a clear shot on him, and he just past right by him, it was pathetic. That by itself cost us the game

Dude I'm on to STLambs!!!! Lets go 9ers!!!! Home game too...I'm pumped!!!!!!!
Forget the last play already ... time to move on.

What if Smith had knocked the ball out?
What if Manny had gotten there a 1 sec sooner?
What if Roman had played the ball 2 feet to his left?

What is we had converted a 3rd Down, especially with 1:46 to go?
What if Bly ran back a TD on his dropped pick?
What if we actually covered Harvin in his TD return?

We don;t have to like it, but let the team use it to bury everyone else ...
TIME TO MOVE ON!!! (/end of rant)
Can everyone please just let it go. Enough whining about all the things we could have done different. Concentrate on St.Louis. No more threads about blame.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Can everyone please just let it go. Enough whining about all the things we could have done different. Concentrate on St.Louis. No more threads about blame.

Agreed!
blaming that loss on ONE player is dumb. A lot of things could've resulted in a different outcome of the game.

Let's get over this loss
that ran right past farve on the last play? and how come noone is talking about him? he had a clear shot on him, and he just past right by him, it was pathetic. That by itself cost us the game

Who was that dude on the sideline with the red and white striped shirt with eyeglasses and a beanie?
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Sep 29, 2009 at 12:33 PM ]
  • NinerFaninIndy83
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
there was another poster who blamed the loss on Justin Smith.

god i hate niner talk.

• Mex49

Justin Smith slapped Favre right in the middle of his chest and the rest is history
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
I think it was Justin Smith

It was Smith, and he had to come off a block, and then Favre made a good move to avoid him. He was probably inches from grabbing his jersey. There is no fault to be laid on him. He did everything he could to get him.

This! Now ban him Stoney... Oh wait nevermind.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by FourNine49:
blaming that loss on ONE player is dumb. A lot of things could've resulted in a different outcome of the game.

Let's get over this loss

I know this goes against the Zone nut loving of Sing but this loss falls on the Head Coach.
That was our game to win and our Coaching let us down.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Let's get over this loss

I know this goes against the Zone nut loving of Sing but this loss falls on the Head Coach.
That was our game to win and our Coaching let us down.

Actually, if we're going to blame 1 person, its Favre. He made a hell of throw. Can we for once give credit to the other team? Instead of constantly blaming within

I don't think you've ever played defensive line in a football game before.

I have. Just once. Only once. And the coaches discovered that I had a knack for "bench player."

The coaches on my team gave me 15 snaps at defensive tackle. I remember just destroying the guy in front of me. It was like he wasn't even there. But, even then, I couldn't make the tackle.

I lacked the reactionary speed time it takes to come off of a block and actually hit a ballcarrier. Or, try to capture a QB that is on the move. That's even harder.

I'll never forget that scrimmage. For years I wondered why I just didn't hit that ballcarrier who was two to three steps away. It was only after talking with a LOT of other guys -- guys who had the same thing happen to them -- did I realize that it takes a degree of talent to play a lineman's position. Not everyone has the reactionary speed it takes to shed a block and make a tackle. It might look easy. It's not. Trust me. You're either born with that kind of reactionary, decision-making ability or you don't have it. You can't learn it.

Keep in mind, this was high school football. Can you imagine the talent and speed it takes to play in The Show that is NFL Football?

So -- yes -- Farve very easily could have stepped up and avoided even a great player like Justin Smith. That's exactly what he did.

The rest is history.

Move on.
Share 49ersWebzone