There are 194 users in the forums

Who was the pass rusher

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
that ran right past farve on the last play? and how come noone is talking about him? he had a clear shot on him, and he just past right by him, it was pathetic. That by itself cost us the game

This is what you're worried about?! Smith came close but Farve had all the room in the world to sidestep him. Manny came from behind late, too late. If the whole line was creating pressure maybe the pocket collapses. It's blitz or cover, pick your poison. I guess I would have rather seen a blitz forcing a quick underneath completion giving Willis, Spikes, and our secondary thirty yards to drop the ball carrier in with no time left. Live and learn we hope. I still think you're crazy to blame the D. If we get even one of those eleven third down convesions the twelve seconds aren't on the clock.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
man, i honestly thought SOMEONE was gonna sack him on that play. Not once did I think they'd score a TD. Someone hold me.

i just stared at the TV for about a minute. Nothing going through my mind, blank stare. Then the utter disbelief hit me and I curled up in the fetal position and wept like a 12 year old boy taking a rape shower.
that ran right past farve on the last play? and how come noone is talking about him? he had a clear shot on him, and he just past right by him, it was pathetic. That by itself cost us the game

Have you ever played football??

I suspect not or you would not have started this lame thread.

The defense was exhausted from being on the field so long. I'm sure he gave it his all to get to Favre........
My girlfriend and me were having so much fun watching that game. I had my boss texting me talking s**t every time Minnesota did something good. I kept on telling her and him "watch, we got this" etc. I really believed. After the TD I said to her "this will be challenged" I fully expected that one foot would be out of bounds. While watching the replays before the refs announced the decision, I sat there silent and quickly came to terms that it was in fact complete.

I wanted to cry, yell, punch a hole in the wall etc, but all I did was sit there silent. Took me serious restraint. It's ok. I'm growing up with our team. We will have a quick, decisive rebound
Yes, it was a lost opportunity, but they happen all the time in football. Got to forget the past and look forward to this week's game against the Rams.
It was an incredible bullet of a throw and an even more amazing catch from Lewis. Like Sing said, our guys left it all out on the field. Time to move on.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
I think it was Justin Smith

It was Smith, and he had to come off a block, and then Favre made a good move to avoid him. He was probably inches from grabbing his jersey. There is no fault to be laid on him. He did everything he could to get him.

"Favre made a good move to avoid him..."

Never thought I'd read those words again after he retired from the Packe...Je...Viki... ughhhhh

Yeah, I hear ya. But that gott dayum SOB sure did it. Didn't he?

f**king amazing pass. Thing was a bullet from 50 yards (counting the 15 in the end zone). Too bad we had Roman out there, but really when it's that nice of a pass, and that dramatic, you gotta have no shame and keep your head up (I still hate Roman though).

That about sums it up right there...

I too was claiming victory just a tad too early. Never again!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude!! I did something I will never do again... I got up during Favres game winning drive and declared to my gf that I was "getting my victory beer ready". I poured it, and even took a sip seconds before Favre's TD throw. Premature? YES.
Originally posted by SFBlue:

Dude!! I did something I will never do again... I got up during Favres game winning drive and declared to my gf that I was "getting my victory beer ready". I poured it, and even took a sip seconds before Favre's TD throw. Premature? YES.

lol. I sent a voice recording via blackberry messenger to all my friends that simply said. "WOOOO HOOOOOO 3-0 BABY!", next thing I know, 3 and out, Favre driving down the field. After the TD, got a bunch of "LOL" messages.
Originally posted by SFBlue:

lol. I sent a voice recording via blackberry messenger to all my friends that simply said. "WOOOO HOOOOOO 3-0 BABY!", next thing I know, 3 and out, Favre driving down the field. After the TD, got a bunch of "LOL" messages.

Yo yo yo, Syber, I love you and all, but Mark Roman had the worst fail of...

No I'm not even going to continue that really was the worst fail of all time. LOL
[ Edited by Method on Sep 29, 2009 at 10:13 AM ]
Wow
I'm even more mad at Soapoaga for holding back and not hitting Favre from the front as Lawson was hitting him from the back. He avoids the contact. If he just stands there he gets an even harder hit on Favre.
Share 49ersWebzone