LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Will Vernon get his first T/D this weekend?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
YES!!!! If you know anything about this type of offense than you know that the TE is the first passing option and hill and Vernon will connect for two TDs this week!!! If they want to stack the box then hill's goin to make them pay.
One thing for sure i've benched him on my fantasy team. I said this when they drafted him he doesn't know how to get open. This is football not track & field you have to know when and how to use your speed. Niners seem to be the only team that can't use there TE's properly. VD against any LB should be easily exploited every single game.
[ Edited by lamontb on Sep 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM ]
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
Vikes have good LBs, especially Greenway and EJ Henderson. It'll be tough for him to outrun both of those guys. I think MN is going to gear up to stop Gore, though. There's always a chance he runs by their DEF if they're stacking the box against Gore, but I suspect it's going to be a low scoring game.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I actually predict 2 td's & ATLEAST 2 threads calling krizay out!
i think so. this game- TWO great run offenses and defenses collide. the winner will be based on who can get it done through the air. in my opinion
Originally posted by krizay:

lol
Originally posted by BigMar:
How abount a end-around to Vernon. Use his jett's to get around the corner?

Or anybody remember Brent Jones streaking down the middle of the field for a big gain. How come the 9ers don't send Vernon up the seam like Brent Jones used to do?

I just don't want to see Vernon become a blocker like last year. Vernon has worked very had this camp and he earned the right to get some attention with balls going his way too.

Yes, we need and LOVE his physical blocking, but come on give the guy more looks towards being a playmaker too.

I say the 9ers make it MANDATORY.... Vernon has to get the ball at least 3 times in the first half and 3 times in the second half. The goal being getting the ball in his hands 6 times EVERY game.

Getting the ball in Vernon's hand's 6 times every game should not be that hard, right?

We have 2 explosive playmakers for sure on our team, clearly Frank Gore is The Man! But give some to Vernon too!

Hey don't get me wrong, I really liked Brent Jones. But the word "streaking" and
Brent Jones really don't belong in the same sentence.

In preseason they were able to get it to Davis a few times, and it worked well.
Originally posted by King49er:

lol

You're my boy, Kri!!

I expect Vernon to a non factor in the passing game, as he will be held in to block. And that makes me sad.
i think VD will since they'll stack the box and try to stop Gore.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
No. Only Frank Gore and Joe Nedney can score this year.

Yah this

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

lol

You're my boy, Kri!!

I expect Vernon to a non factor in the passing game, as he will be held in to block. And that makes me sad.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thinking a couple give me td's inside the 5. With little else to go with it. 45 yards tops. I just have this feeling he'll get 2 this week.

Let me just get this out of the way now. He's not going to do anything an ordinary TE couldn't do in this game. He's just going to get a couple easy td's. The kind Billy Bajema and Eric Johnson types can get ya.

lol

You're my boy, Kri!!

Don't get me wrong. I'm thinking a couple give me td's inside the 5. With little else to go with it. 45 yards tops. I just have this feeling he'll get 2 this week.

Let me just get this out of the way now. He's not going to do anything an ordinary TE couldn't do in this game. He's just going to get a couple easy td's. The kind Billy Bajema and Eric Johnson types can get ya.

For once, you are more optimistic about Davis than I am. I've just been hurt too many times. . .
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Juniorminime:
i think VD will since they'll stack the box and try to stop Gore.

you mean like Arizona did and Seattle did? How that work out for him?
He'll be more busy blocking the Vikings front seven.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

lol

You're my boy, Kri!!

For once, you are more optimistic about Davis than I am. I've just been hurt too many times. . .

Hater! Go back to the Raider board!

BTW how's your boy Huff doing!
Share 49ersWebzone