LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 375 users in the forums

Will Vernon get his first T/D this weekend?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would love to see Vernon Davis have a break out game. Will it happen this weekend?
I hope so, i predicted 10+ TDs by the guy he better start working on it
No. Only Frank Gore and Joe Nedney can score this year.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Well, so far Vernon stat's = 7 Rec / 72 yds / 10.3 avg / 19 long / 0 TD

at least he is second on the team with reception behind Bruce who has 8.

I'd also like to see Delanie Walker involved a bit more.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Yes.

And... Farve will throw his first INT and the Vikings defense will allow its first rushing TD of the year.

3 strikes, Vikings are out.
I hope so
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Well, so far Vernon stat's = 7 Rec / 72 yds / 10.3 avg / 19 long / 0 TD

at least he is second on the team with reception behind Bruce who has 8.

I'd also like to see Delanie Walker involved a bit more.

They have actually gone Delanie's way a few times already. Once in the endzone, IIRC. It would be nice to have one of them start putting 6 on the board.
i hope so....i need fantasy points!
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for kronik.
No receiver will get monstrous numbers in this kind of offense. Not Bruce, not Morgan, Not Davis.

This isn't a knock on Hill because I believe he's the best QB we have currently, but Hill would rather take a sack unless someone is wide open.
How abount a end-around to Vernon. Use his jett's to get around the corner?

Or anybody remember Brent Jones streaking down the middle of the field for a big gain. How come the 9ers don't send Vernon up the seam like Brent Jones used to do?

I just don't want to see Vernon become a blocker like last year. Vernon has worked very had this camp and he earned the right to get some attention with balls going his way too.

Yes, we need and LOVE his physical blocking, but come on give the guy more looks towards being a playmaker too.

I say the 9ers make it MANDATORY.... Vernon has to get the ball at least 3 times in the first half and 3 times in the second half. The goal being getting the ball in his hands 6 times EVERY game.

Getting the ball in Vernon's hand's 6 times every game should not be that hard, right?

We have 2 explosive playmakers for sure on our team, clearly Frank Gore is The Man! But give some to Vernon too!

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:
No receiver will get monstrous numbers in this kind of offense. Not Bruce, not Morgan, Not Davis.

This isn't a knock on Hill because I believe he's the best QB we have currently, but Hill would rather take a sack unless someone is wide open.

He asked if Davis would get a touchdown not 180 yards on 15 receptions.
There could be a TD in VD's future, this weekend. Davis would have to beat the Tampa 2 defense, by splitting the safeties, who are the weak link in the Vikings D. I could see Hill hitting Davis over the middle, from 8-15 yards out, for a TD. But all points, esp a TD, will be hard to come by vs the Vikings.
As long as he keeps making catches on 3rd down, I'm a happy person, him scoring some TD's would be nice though
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Chief:
Yes.

And... Farve will throw his first INT and the Vikings defense will allow its first rushing TD of the year.

3 strikes, Vikings are out.

you better not be foolin
i know ive seen him drop one pass so far, anybody have an idea on his drops this year.

I think davis has played really well this year and has come up with some nice catches. He may not have a TD yet but he has played well
Share 49ersWebzone