BRETT FAVRE = NINER KILLER

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Originally posted by bfree:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
It's pre-ordained, folks. The guy is a Niner killer. Yes, we beat him last year, when he was playing with a battered arm (although the Jets wouldnt let anyone know); the only other time we could overcome his "reign" over us was with a HOF QB throwing to a HOF WR in the final seconds of a playoff game.

Brett Favre is a Niner killer. If we lose this weekend, its because of his ARM, not AP's legs. If we want to win, we better blitz, and blitz often.

HOF WR?? TO caught that pass not Jerry Rice.

And TO will be in the HOF some day...

I doubt that. He is a good WR but I don't think he is a HOF caliber WR.

Owens is a lock for the HOF.

Nobody is a lock for the HOF.

Soo Manning isn't a lock either?
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 23, 2009 at 12:59 PM ]
It's pre-ordained, folks. The guy is a Niner killer. Yes, we beat him last year, when he was playing with a battered arm (although the Jets wouldnt let anyone know); the only other time we could overcome his "reign" over us was with a HOF QB throwing to a HOF WR in the final seconds of a playoff game.

Brett Favre is a Niner killer. If we lose this weekend, its because of his ARM, not AP's legs. If we want to win, we better blitz, and blitz often.

Yo backontop, I'm happy for you and imma let you finish but TO has the second highest receiving TD's of all time. Second highest WR of all time!
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

If there are people who are "locks" for the HOF then why isn't Chris Carter in the NFL yet? There are tons of players who SHOULD be in the NFL that are not. Like I said nobody is a lock. IMO a lock is a player who gets in on the first year of eligabilty not 10-20 years after the fact.
The Hillbilly will go down and go down hard !
Originally posted by RonMexico:

how is he not

3rd all time in touchdown receptions

Yeah I was gonna say.....he may not be the greatest teammate in the world but he's never assaulted anyone, been arrested or gambled on games, served any league imposed suspensions (Mooch suspended him for the star thing but that's it) so TO will get in 5 years after he retires.
Wide receivers score touchdowns? Not here anymore. We're just getting around to the forward pass now.

As for Favre, along time ago in the far off land of tundra maybe.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Sep 23, 2009 at 1:37 PM ]
  • ZRF80

What ?

I wonder what Favre's record is against the Niners. Prolly like 17-2 or something

I just did a quick search, looks like it is 11-2
[ Edited by danimal on Sep 23, 2009 at 1:06 PM ]

If there are people who are "locks" for the HOF then why isn't Chris Carter in the NFL yet? There are tons of players who SHOULD be in the NFL that are not. Like I said nobody is a lock. IMO a lock is a player who gets in on the first year of eligabilty not 10-20 years after the fact.

Some of this is ridiculous. Do you seriously think Terrell Owens is not going to the hall of fame or just trying to start a fight?

Originally posted by TDilvr:

how is he not

Yeah I was gonna say.....he may not be the greatest teammate in the world but he's never assaulted anyone, been arrested or gambled on games, served any league imposed suspensions (Mooch suspended him for the star thing but that's it) so TO will get in 5 years after he retires.[/quote]

So by saying the bolded are you claiming that TO is better than Chris Carter seems how Carter is still not in the HOF?
Originally posted by TDilvr:

how is he not

Owens > Carter

Owens has less games started with more TD's, more Yards
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM ]
Originally posted by bigmur49:

Some of this is ridiculous. Do you seriously think Terrell Owens is not going to the hall of fame or just trying to start a fight?

I just don't think he is the "lock" to go into the NFL that other think. There are few players that are "locks" to go into the HOF. And I just don't feel he is a "lock" But like I said before, I feel a "lock" is a player that you know 100% will enter the HOF their first year of eligibility. Players like Jerry Rice. I personally thought Chris Carter was a "lock" for the HOF. Well he still hasn't been inducted into the HOF yet. And in my eyes, he is 10X better than TO is.

Nice backpeddle
Originally posted by RayWersching:

Nice backpeddle

How is that a backpeddle? I stated an opinion and have stuck with it. If he makes the HOF then great for him. But I still stand by my opinion that there are those few players that are "locks" to enter the HOF.
Share 49ersWebzone