LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 124 users in the forums

Unkindest Cut - Kory Sheets

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
I hope he doesn't get claimed.
I liked him too. But he does need to improve his blocking. Every time he was in there he couldn't stop the pass rush. No problem with his running, it was his blocking - pass blocking was his weakness. Hence, why MRob is still there. Hopefully, we get him in the practice squad and he can lear.
With his speed would he not have any return ability?? Rossum is good but he has lost a gear......I like that they kept spurlock also....just think if A**tree ever signs his contract they will be cutting Hill likely....I personally would rather keep hill around and lose rossum....
this is a headscratcher....

i thought sheets was a baller
Man.Tough break for Sheets. Hopes he makes the practice sqaud.This is the toughest time for a coaching staff as well as players.I kinda wish they allow football squads to have 60players on the active rosters. Although Sheets was'nt that great of a blocker (yet)He still could of been a good addition to a run game with his quickness + he showed that he could take the ball up the middle on a couple of T/D runs(even if it was against 3rd stringers) I always though we could use him on punt/kickoff returns,even if we do have someone in that position and also because he would'nt get that much P/T with Gore and Coffee. Gore is a beast but he can only last so long and you stack up the box against the NINERS and that will shut our run game down. Thru all the Nfl, on every team there was a lot of talent.I think Sheets get picked up by somebody and soon.IMO anyways
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
They're clinging to Robinson probably because he can play multiple positions and is a decent blocker, most of which Sheets can't do, yet.

well, Robinson not as fast as sheets. we need speed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • titan
  • Veteran
That cut is horrible! We are hanging on to players that can't do the job instead of giving new players a chance.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
im glad he is gone, now everybody can get off his nuts

It was fun swinging on them

lol...

He looked great carrying the ball, but he just wasn't good enough at blocking. Without that skill set he wasn't going to see much time on the field and therefore wasn't as valuable to the team as the other 53.

Hopefully he clears waivers and we get him on the practice squad to work on his blocking. *fingers crossed*
If someone else picks him up, he has to go on the 53, and I just don't see that happening.

I hope you are right and I hope the team thinks he is worth bringing on to the practice squad. Singletary didn't exactly give him a ringing endorsement ("he did some nice things."). Hopefully he's just playing him down in the hopes another team doesn't nab him.

nothing kind about the NFL.
  • gpat52
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by btwagner:
With his speed would he not have any return ability?? Rossum is good but he has lost a gear......I like that they kept spurlock also....just think if A**tree ever signs his contract they will be cutting Hill likely....I personally would rather keep hill around and lose rossum....

I agree with you about Hill. I'd much rather have J. Hill than crabtree. On the subject of running backs, I would like to have seen us keep Sheets. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get picked up. About M-Rob, he has too much talent for us to be getting rid of him. I think we should have kept 5 running backs, 4 HBs and 1 FB. If Norris needs a break, M-Rob can temporarily step in for him from time to time.

Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
I liked him too. But he does need to improve his blocking. Every time he was in there he couldn't stop the pass rush. No problem with his running, it was his blocking - pass blocking was his weakness. Hence, why MRob is still there. Hopefully, we get him in the practice squad and he can lear.

He absolutely destroyed a backer coming off the edge on the play where davis gets picked off throwing to the FB in the last chargers game. Check out the highlights, you will see a linebacker flip head over heels because of sheets blocking.
i think the bears will pick him up.
Singletary wants complete RB's...while Sheets has a nice combo of speed and power, Coach isn't ready to commit a roster spot to him just yet. He needs more coaching to develop his blocking, particularly picking up the blitz. Coffee's shown more apptitude for blocking, although he'll still need to improve that aspect. I believe Sheets will end up on the PS, though, so all shouldn't be lost.
Originally posted by NinerN8:
IF he clears waivers he WILL be on the practice squad

Sheets will not clear waivers
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Singletary wants complete RB's...while Sheets has a nice combo of speed and power, Coach isn't ready to commit a roster spot to him just yet. He needs more coaching to develop his blocking, particularly picking up the blitz. Coffee's shown more apptitude for blocking, although he'll still need to improve that aspect. I believe Sheets will end up on the PS, though, so all shouldn't be lost.

Share 49ersWebzone