LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 379 users in the forums

Offensive Analysis thread (Preseason Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
im wondering if mcdaniels can be convinced by nolan to trade dj williams for zak keasey . i definetely liked seeing vernon make that second catch in traffic and hold on. also really liked seeing coffee run against first string defense.
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
Hill won tonight 100%. I cannot believe that people think there was no separation. Hill had 1 chance, was 2/2 for 41 yards, and got 3 points. Smith had 4 chances, and only scored when he was given the ball at the 11 yard line.

Agreed. He moved the chains. Got VD involved as a weapon.

Round 1 goes to Shaun.
did jason hill even play?
Obviously I'm going to rewatch the game because I definitely don't see things the way the rest of the board does.

To me Coffee looked like another M.Rob (2 yards and a cloud of dust). I dont think he is better than sheets, thats for sure.

Alex looked horrible. I was at the game. I saw him miss recievers and place the ball in places that didn't allow the reciever to make plays. He was booed at least twice at Candlestick.

Thats all I can think of now.
Thought the qbs did well along with the running backs and wide outs. What puzzled me a bit was that Zeigler and J. Hill didn't play a whole lot, although we didn't throw it a lot either. I agree that Miller is a better project than Keasey. From the looks of the first game I don't know if Marvel Smith will be able to catch up and takeover for Snyder. M. Smith still looks a little tentative. Did anyone see Boone get in?
[ Edited by JDeezy on Aug 14, 2009 at 10:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Yes - had one nice catch in the 2nd half.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Yeah he caught a pass in the 4th.
Hill played with the third stringers
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Hill won tonight 100%. I cannot believe that people think there was no separation. Hill had 1 chance, was 2/2 for 41 yards, and got 3 points. Smith had 4 chances, and only scored when he was given the ball at the 11 yard line.

Kory Sheet looked awesome. He looked better than Coffee in my opinion. Kory averaged 5.1 yards with the 3rd string line blocking for him. By game 3 you all will see. Shaun Hill and Kory Sheets.

Dude Hill was staring down receivers tonight,he cannot do that or he will get hurt or throw the pick.If Smith was doing that you would have a cow.

True, no doubt. But Hill was given one chance and was 2/2. Smith was given 4 chances and only scored when he started on the 11 yard line. One chance versus four chances is not fair. In my opinion, Hill looked far, far, far superior. He did not have one single 3 and out. Alex Smith had three of them.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Obviously I'm going to rewatch the game because I definitely don't see things the way the rest of the board does.

To me Coffee looked like another M.Rob (2 yards and a cloud of dust). I dont think he is better than sheets, thats for sure.

Alex looked horrible. I was at the game. I saw him miss recievers and place the ball in places that didn't allow the reciever to make plays. He was booed at least twice at Candlestick.

wtf did you even watch coffee??

and man what has happend to jason hill i had hopes for that man he looked nice last yr wtf.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Qbs no one did excellent both did good
Rbs are beast
WRs did good no dropped passes

Hill looked great.

Smith looked a little shaky at times - unsure.

Huard (Spelling) actually looked better than Smith.

JMO.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Alex didnt look horrible, but definitely nothing special. I think Shaun will keep his job for the moment. Alex still looked hesitant which was disappointing after all the positives from camp. But it was the first game.... i will wait for game two.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Qbs no one did excellent both did good
Rbs are beast
WRs did good no dropped passes

Hill looked great.

Smith looked a little shaky at times - unsure.

Huard (Spelling) actually looked better than Smith.

JMO.

I agree, I just wish they would've let Nate Davis throw one damn pass...
I like that Brit Miller has "Brit" and "Miller" tattooed on the backs of his arms. That way when leaks out, catches a pass, and runs to the end zone all the defenders running behind him will know who the hell he is. Cuz you know you they're saying to themselves, "damn it, who the hell is that?!"
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Kory Sheet looked awesome. He looked better than Coffee in my opinion. Kory averaged 5.1 yards with the 3rd string line blocking for him. By game 3 you all will see. Shaun Hill and Kory Sheets.

It was also against the 3rd string D.

Very true. Sheets will not get a fair shot until the 3rd preseason game. This game opened their eyes. Sheets will get more carries next week, and will once again outshine Coffee. By the 3rd week he will be splitting carries. Sheets did well running inside even though he excels at running outside.
Share 49ersWebzone