LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Offensive Analysis thread (Preseason Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Hill won tonight 100%. I cannot believe that people think there was no separation. Hill had 1 chance, was 2/2 for 41 yards, and got 3 points. Smith had 4 chances, and only scored when he was given the ball at the 11 yard line.

Kory Sheet looked awesome. He looked better than Coffee in my opinion. Kory averaged 5.1 yards with the 3rd string line blocking for him. By game 3 you all will see. Shaun Hill and Kory Sheets.

Dude Hill was staring down receivers tonight,he cannot do that or he will get hurt or throw the pick.If Smith was doing that you would have a cow.

True, no doubt. But Hill was given one chance and was 2/2. Smith was given 4 chances and only scored when he started on the 11 yard line. One chance versus four chances is not fair. In my opinion, Hill looked far, far, far superior. He did not have one single 3 and out. Alex Smith had three of them.

Im falling to see how superior is holding on to the ball for 6 seconds. Not superior. Drew Bress Superior. Shaun Hill just about even with a guy whose been outta football for two years. he was not 2/2 because he had 4 opportunities to throw the ball.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Obviously I'm going to rewatch the game because I definitely don't see things the way the rest of the board does.

To me Coffee looked like another M.Rob (2 yards and a cloud of dust). I dont think he is better than sheets, thats for sure.

Alex looked horrible. I was at the game. I saw him miss recievers and place the ball in places that didn't allow the reciever to make plays. He was booed at least twice at Candlestick.

Thats all I can think of now.

Smith was 5-7,and one of those was a throw away to avoid a sack,so yes,you should watch the game again.Coffee ran 14 times for 67 yards...you sure you were at the game?How many beers did you have?
Obviously I'm going to rewatch the game because I definitely don't see things the way the rest of the board does.

To me Coffee looked like another M.Rob (2 yards and a cloud of dust). I dont think he is better than sheets, thats for sure.

Alex looked horrible. I was at the game. I saw him miss recievers and place the ball in places that didn't allow the reciever to make plays. He was booed at least twice at Candlestick.

he had 2 incompletions
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Did not like that call at the end of Hill's drive, and they should've went for it on 4th and 1.

Smith was 5-7,and one of those was a throw away to avoid a sack,so yes,you should watch the game again.Coffee ran 14 times for 67 yards...you sure you were at the game?How many beers did you have?

-9fA
we looked good, but the run defense had me looking a lil crazy for a while, but everything else was ok, cant wait for the next game, lol ha ha nolan we won!!!
Brit Miller with a couple of TDs! Wait........who?

I feel bad for Clayton, but injuries happen. I thought Sheets and Coffee played well behind a suspect O-line.
Smith looked like a different QB tonight. I hope he continues to improve as it will only help the team. I thought Hill did a good job also, but he didn't play near as much as Smith. Kinda makes you wonder which QB Sing is leaning towards.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Alex didnt look horrible, but definitely nothing special. I think Shaun will keep his job for the moment. Alex still looked hesitant which was disappointing after all the positives from camp. But it was the first game.... i will wait for game two.

I agree with my 209 bretheren that Smith looked tentative, especially early on. I'd like to see Hill play more. If the plan is for Smith to start the next one, hopefully Hill will get ample playing time as well. The only bad thing about Huard playing well was that I wanted to see Davis throw at least one pass.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I was dissappointed that we let the clock run at the end of the second. I was hoping to see alex perform under pressure.

yea i liked coffee running against the ones getting yards and sheets looked ok except he fell down everytime someone touched him. but he is fast thats for sure.
but I think coffee looked great i dont see how anyone can disagree with that

Originally posted by aacadena:
Hill won tonight 100%. I cannot believe that people think there was no separation. Hill had 1 chance, was 2/2 for 41 yards, and got 3 points. Smith had 4 chances, and only scored when he was given the ball at the 11 yard line.

Kory Sheet looked awesome. He looked better than Coffee in my opinion. Kory averaged 5.1 yards with the 3rd string line blocking for him. By game 3 you all will see. Shaun Hill and Kory Sheets.

Dude Hill was staring down receivers tonight,he cannot do that or he will get hurt or throw the pick.If Smith was doing that you would have a cow.[/quote]

True, no doubt. But Hill was given one chance and was 2/2. Smith was given 4 chances and only scored when he started on the 11 yard line. One chance versus four chances is not fair. In my opinion, Hill looked far, far, far superior. He did not have one single 3 and out. Alex Smith had three of them.

Im falling to see how superior is holding on to the ball for 6 seconds. Not superior. Drew Bress Superior. Shaun Hill just about even with a guy whose been outta football for two years. he was not 2/2 because he had 4 opportunities to throw the ball.

On Smiths second pass to Morgan the whole time he was starring at Coffee. Rewatch the game and you'll notice it.
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by aacadena:

Dude Hill was staring down receivers tonight,he cannot do that or he will get hurt or throw the pick.If Smith was doing that you would have a cow.

One chance and Hill scores and is 2/2.
Smith has 4, that is 4 chances. He scores once, when given the ball on the 11 yard line.

Hill never had a 3 and out series, Smith had 3 of them.

Be real man, why did the coaches pull Hill after one series? Because they know Hill is better. They hoped Alex would step up, which he didn't.
Hill won tonight 100%. I cannot believe that people think there was no separation. Hill had 1 chance, was 2/2 for 41 yards, and got 3 points. Smith had 4 chances, and only scored when he was given the ball at the 11 yard line. Kory Sheet looked awesome. He looked better than Coffee in my opinion. Kory averaged 5.1 yards with the 3rd string line blocking for him. By game 3 you all will see. Shaun Hill and Kory Sheets.

cosigned. i thought shaun did well in general but he did hold the ball too long and didnt go through his progressions on that play.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Qbs no one did excellent both did good
Rbs are beast
WRs did good no dropped passes

Hill looked great.

Smith looked a little shaky at times - unsure.

Huard (Spelling) actually looked better than Smith.

JMO.

I agree, I just wish they would've let Nate Davis throw one damn pass...

Maybe he got the 4th quarter, ball control portion of the reps.

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Qbs no one did excellent both did good
Rbs are beast
WRs did good no dropped passes

Hill looked great.

Smith looked a little shaky at times - unsure.

Huard (Spelling) actually looked better than Smith.

JMO.

I agree, I just wish they would've let Nate Davis throw one damn pass...

Maybe he got the 4th quarter, ball control portion of the reps.

He definitely did, he didn't get in til about 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter, I just wanted to see him throw one stinkin pass... it's Nolan's fault
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Aug 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone