LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Offensive Analysis thread (Preseason Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
vernon caught two passes
How bout them two catches by VD, huh?

They looked like Tony Gonzalez/ Antonio Gates type catches!
Keasey is not worth a roster spot
Miller was a interesting surprise
Clayton....sorry dude, maybe your best chance is on IR
Coffee is a stud
Sheets will run crazy once the hole opens, I like him for the final 53
To early to tell with the QB battle
Spurlock has a good shot at the final 53
Davis.....bout time!!!!

NEED TO CONVERT THE 3RD DOWNS!!!!!
Vernon Davis looked good

Brit Miller looked good, is he practice squad eligible? He's a converted linebacker right? He seemed to have good hands and decent speed so I'd like to see him on the practice squad.

Sheets looks more like an outside runner than inside runner, but he looked fast.

Hill still has my confidence, I hope to see more of Smith next game, I wish they would have let him run that 2 minute drill.

I want Spurlock to make the team, I got a feeling about the kid
  • albniner08
  • Info N/A
overall i was pleased with the offense
hill and smith did well smith still looked a lil hesitant at times and his miss on the easy dumb off to coffee
coffee and sheets looked good
the recievers played solid
miller has some promise
hopefully davis continues to look good and i liked seein him on the bike after he was done
would of liked to of seen nate davis in a pasing situation but theres still 3 more games to be played
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Hill won tonight 100%. I cannot believe that people think there was no separation. Hill had 1 chance, was 2/2 for 41 yards, and got 3 points. Smith had 4 chances, and only scored when he was given the ball at the 11 yard line.

Kory Sheet looked awesome. He looked better than Coffee in my opinion. Kory averaged 5.1 yards with the 3rd string line blocking for him. By game 3 you all will see. Shaun Hill and Kory Sheets.
Hill looked very much in command. The sack was brutal though. I counted six seconds. Get rid of it...

Alex did well. Again though, the sack should not have happened if he just throws it away... He did do that the next series which was encouraging.

Vernon Davis could have a big year in this offense.

Like how Coffee runs up the middle.

Sheets didn't play till late, but did his job when called upon. Expect to see him get more carries earlier next week.

I think the big question is at QB of course. Judging by what I saw tonight, Hill may have a slight lead, but Alex is looking more comfortable than ever in my opinion. The upside is there still...
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
How bout them two catches by VD, huh?

They looked like Tony Gonzalez/ Antonio Gates type catches!

that's the vernon davis i hope to see consistently as part of our game plan
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Not bad for the first game of the season. Looks like we could possibly have a 3 headed monster in the backfield
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
Hill won tonight 100%. I cannot believe that people think there was no separation. Hill had 1 chance, was 2/2 for 41 yards, and got 3 points. Smith had 4 chances, and only scored when he was given the ball at the 11 yard line.

Kory Sheet looked awesome. He looked better than Coffee in my opinion. Kory averaged 5.1 yards with the 3rd string line blocking for him. By game 3 you all will see. Shaun Hill and Kory Sheets.

and dare i say... michael crabtree? would be niiiiice

Dude Hill was staring down receivers tonight,he cannot do that or he will get hurt or throw the pick.If Smith was doing that you would have a cow.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Keasey is not worth a roster spot
Miller was a interesting surprise
Clayton....sorry dude, maybe your best chance is on IR
Coffee is a stud
Sheets will run crazy once the hole opens, I like him for the final 53
To early to tell with the QB battle
Spurlock has a good shot at the final 53
Davis.....bout time!!!!

NEED TO CONVERT THE 3RD DOWNS!!!!!

Shaun Hill had that one aweful play where he sat in the pocket for 7 seconds and then got sacked and fumbled. (J.T. Osullivan style)
I don't think those two sacks on the first team defense was the OL fault. The first one was by Keasey (who Norris would've started) and Hill held onto the ball too long the second one. I'm pleased with the protection so far.

It was also against the 3rd string D.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
gore, coffee, sheets? do we dare?

With Moran Norris at FB and Micheal Robinson as short-yardage/H-back/"taser" role player.
Share 49ersWebzone