LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

Assuming playoffs and one loss, would you rather:

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Assuming playoffs and one loss, would you rather:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'd rather take the loss in the championship game that we can keep our perfect record in the superbowl.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I say Superbowl. Rather lose in the big game than losing in the big game junior. I really could careless that they are undefeated in super bowl's.

I would rather lose in the NFC championship than lose in the SB.
Right now the prefect SB record is what distinguishes us from the Cowgirls.
Wildcard

And not because I would want to keep the Superbowl record or anything but I personally don't care about the playoffs.

The playoffs to me are a means to an end so the only reason you go through the playoffs is to win a Super Bowl. If you're going to lose than you might as well lose early and get a higher draft pick.

Granted making the playoffs shows that you have a quality team but nobody cares about the playoff losers
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Wildcard

And not because I would want to keep the Superbowl record or anything but I personally don't care about the playoffs.

The playoffs to me are a means to an end so the only reason you go through the playoffs is to win a Super Bowl. If you're going to lose than you might as well lose early and get a higher draft pick.

Granted making the playoffs shows that you have a quality team but nobody cares about the playoff losers

If we are going to lose, get it over with quickly, keep the perfect SB record, get the higher draft pick, and I wouldn't have to invest more emotion than I have to if we're just going to lose anyway.

It's very tiring emotionally (for me) to go all the way through the playoffs just to lose in the end.
Man the further along that we go, the higher the expectations and the more the loss will hurt.

That said, I think i'll settle for the NFC Championship loss. I'd be devastated if we lost in the Superbowl. Superbowl losing teams are rarely able to get it together.

With the NFC Championship loss there's assurance that we're only a few key pieces and a little luck away from making another run.

-9fA
I'd rather lose the NFC Championship than the SB any day. Keep that record spotless.
I would choose NFC championship game
Originally posted by tohara3:
I would choose NFC championship game

^^^This, so long as we are on the road. Nothing in sports hurts more than leaving the stadium after losing in the NFC Championship game. Nothing.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I say Superbowl. Rather lose in the big game than losing in the big game junior. I really could careless that they are undefeated in super bowl's.

I never understood the whole ' We're better than the Cowboys because we are 5-0 and they are 5-3. (Don't worry, I still tihnk we're better than the cowboys) I just feel that going to 8 super bowls and winning 5 is a little better than going to 5 and winning 5......w/e i dnot understand all u fans wanting to lose a game just so you can say we have a perfect record in the SB, makes no sense and its kinda actually frustrating me
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
If you're going to lose than you might as well lose early and get a higher draft pick.

Exactly. But apparently people would rather lose on the big stage. Why? To get a lower draft pick and have the loss be the biggest let-down in team history. That makes sense.

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

I never understood the whole ' We're better than the Cowboys because we are 5-0 and they are 5-3. (Don't worry, I still tihnk we're better than the cowboys) I just feel that going to 8 super bowls and winning 5 is a little better than going to 5 and winning 5......w/e i dnot understand all u fans wanting to lose a game just so you can say we have a perfect record in the SB, makes no sense and its kinda actually frustrating me

Why get to the SuperBowl and lose? What's the point? To say you're the 2nd best team in the league? That would be debatable to say the least, because there have been many, many times when the SuperBowl loser wasn't even close to being the 2nd best team in the league. The 2002 raiders come to mind, as well as last year's Cardinals. Losing in the SuperBowl would do NOTHING but mess with the emotions of the fans on a much higher level than losing in the NFC CHampionship game.

I don't understand why people would want to go to the SuperBowl and lose. It's ridiculous. Who gives a rat's ass if we got ONE GAME further than we would have if we lost the NFC Championship game? The only thing that counts is WINNING the SuperBowl. If you don't win it, then you're just one of the 31 teams that failed. Just because you got there doesn't mean SH*T.
if we really had to lose, I would say SB, no doubt. I don't care about the record. Making it to the big game shows everyone that we are really close.

But maybe I say this only because I'm a young fan who never saw a SB for the 49ers. Maybe I would just rather get to the next level than the others who saw all the SB victories and know what a perfect record would mean to them.

For me, its just to see the team win, and if it means to win then lose in the big game, I'm all for it.
I dont care what game we lose in as long as we make the playoffs. I cant go on another year without making it past the regular season.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Why get to the SuperBowl and lose? What's the point? To say you're the 2nd best team in the league? That would be debatable to say the least, because there have been many, many times when the SuperBowl loser wasn't even close to being the 2nd best team in the league. The 2002 raiders come to mind, as well as last year's Cardinals. Losing in the SuperBowl would do NOTHING but mess with the emotions of the fans on a much higher level than losing in the NFC CHampionship game.

I don't understand why people would want to go to the SuperBowl and lose. It's ridiculous. Who gives a rat's ass if we got ONE GAME further than we would have if we lost the NFC Championship game? The only thing that counts is WINNING the SuperBowl. If you don't win it, then you're just one of the 31 teams that failed. Just because you got there doesn't mean SH*T.

Dude, if we get to superbowl it shows that we're the best in the NFC.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Dude, if we get to superbowl it shows that we're the best in the NFC.

What does that matter? We need to be the best in the entire NFL or w're just another one of the 31 teams that FAILED.
Share 49ersWebzone