LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 146 users in the forums

Let's get are protest on.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49ers.com has willis at 226 tackles. Nfl.com has willis at 174 tackles, for the rookie year. I want it fixed both can't be right so it's either the niners can't count or the nfl can't count, but i want this fixed the 226 tackles or not.
woot woot
Both ESPN.com and NFL.com have 174 tackles for patrick's rookie season . . .

NFL.com
ESPN.com

can your provide a link to where it says he has 226, because the stats on 49ers.com just link to NFL.com, and they have it correct
Arrrrr Protest
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Arrrrr Protest
Quote:

link Says willis nfl stats. 226 tackles also say it under 2007 highlights the first line in that.
*our
  • Dino
  • Veteran
The NFL Network had a show stipulating the top 10 useless stats in the game, or something like that.

Counting tackles was one of them.
Where are we gunna get are protest on
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
The NFL Network had a show stipulating the top 10 useless stats in the game, or something like that.

So willis got to the probowl on his int for td, lol since tackles don't count

Originally posted by frankie:

Well then you tell me who is the official counter for tackles.

Beats me lol, I knew that the tackles are officailly useless I've read it before. Just find it funny that it made a big deal. But willis's 86 yard zig to the zagging td return was amazing and also a niner int by a linebacker record. That alone and his command of the field should get em in the tops of the ranks any day. And his tackles are there. They should do a better job and also, make it an official stat imo. Got to see the man play in the probowl he is hella quick, and that's just a exhibition game

s**tty it will no longer be in hawaii
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
49ers.com has willis at 226 tackles. Nfl.com has willis at 174 tackles, for the rookie year. I want it fixed both can't be right so it's either the niners can't count or the nfl can't count, but i want this fixed the 226 tackles or not.

The NFL is the official stat. The 226 respresent what the 49ers counted off of watching the game (whether that number is correct or not is debatable). Some of his tackles may not be credited to him, only the team can ask the league to correct this which is not going to happen. Nonetheless the stat is more meaningful to fans and FF players than it is to anyone else. The stat we want to be looking at is W's. I don't care if Willis leads the league in tackles or not so long as we are getting W's.

Protest over.

i have no clue what hes talking about what elite player in the front 7 on D has few tackels
Share 49ersWebzone