LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Let's get are protest on.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They're trying to make Willis look like a normal human being. That's alright, we all know he's abnormal.
Let the bigger numbers be a reminder of the awesome suckage of Hostler's offense. If it weren't for him, Patrick would be on the sidelines resting.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

now thats funny
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Glad you had this picture just for me. Makes me feel wonderful. O yeah if i cared about grammar i think i wouldn't be drinking when i post.
if i remember right that year they talked about the difference. the niners do not have .5 tackles if you assisted on it you got a tackle, or something like that.
Yoor rite, 9ers cant count. But they sure can spel!
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
49ers.com has willis at 226 tackles. Nfl.com has willis at 174 tackles, for the rookie year. I want it fixed both can't be right so it's either the niners can't count or the nfl can't count, but i want this fixed the 226 tackles or not.

The NFL is the official stat. The 226 respresent what the 49ers counted off of watching the game (whether that number is correct or not is debatable). Some of his tackles may not be credited to him, only the team can ask the league to correct this which is not going to happen. Nonetheless the stat is more meaningful to fans and FF players than it is to anyone else. The stat we want to be looking at is W's. I don't care if Willis leads the league in tackles or not so long as we are getting W's.

Protest over.

Actually, neither is the official stat. Tackles is an officially kept stat so the "unofficial" stat is 174 and the Niners have 226. There will be no correction because its not an officially tracked stat.
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
The NFL Network had a show stipulating the top 10 useless stats in the game, or something like that.

Counting tackles was one of them.

So willis got to the probowl on his int for td, lol since tackles don't count

No he got to the probowl based on popularity. The probowl is a popularity contest not a performance reward
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
The NFL Network had a show stipulating the top 10 useless stats in the game, or something like that.

Counting tackles was one of them.

So willis got to the probowl on his int for td, lol since tackles don't count

No he got to the probowl based on popularity. The probowl is a popularity contest not a performance reward

No no no, he got in on greatness, and the popularity helped the vote!
Share 49ersWebzone