LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 314 users in the forums

Cody Wallace

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why is this guy generally considered someone that is going to and or should make the roster? 2 of our G can play C in Baas and Wragge. Heitman is very good at C I would rather see us carry an additional T and either cut Wallace or put him on the PS.
Because our line has not gone through a complete healthy season. Wallace will be the next Ray Brown.
yeah we need all the depth we can get, and if i'm not mistaken wallace can play G as well? so i'd rather have a depth guy that can fill 2 spots than another tackle.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hes being groomed to eventually replace Heitmann.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Because they think he can be a starter in the future, not just a back-up
Originally posted by matt49er:
Why is this guy generally considered someone that is going to and or should make the roster? 2 of our G can play C in Baas and Wragge. Heitman is very good at C I would rather see us carry an additional T and either cut Wallace or put him on the PS.

And he may be the long-term replacement for Heitmann.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Ill wait till preseason before Id say that. If he isnt starting exclusively at C he could be be just a utility player going from OG spot to C as a back up. This guy imo will end up playing guard or be on the practice squad to make room for a QB ,RB, or WR.
Nah . . if we keep nine OL we should carry four OT's to cover two positions and five interior guys to cover three positions.

It should look something like this.

RT: M. Smith/Snyder/Boone?
RG: Rachal
C: Heitmann/Wallace
LG: Baas/Wragge
LT: Staley/(See RT)

Plus Rachal could play some RT if we were really banged up.
Originally posted by rigs49:
Because our line has not gone through a complete healthy season. Wallace will be the next Ray Brown.

Ray brown was the man

Originally posted by frankie:

Ray brown was the man

Gogan, Dalman, & Brown. That was a solid trio.

I think Wallace may have been a bit more raw than they had hoped when they got. I remember reading that he was knocked on his keister more than a handful of times. Can't recall any plays he was involved in during the preseason so I guess he wasn't mauling anybody far as I can tell.
Originally posted by TenderLoinTimmy:
Originally posted by frankie:

Ray brown was the man

Gogan, Dalman, & Brown. That was a solid trio.

I think Wallace may have been a bit more raw than they had hoped when they got. I remember reading that he was knocked on his keister more than a handful of times. Can't recall any plays he was involved in during the preseason so I guess he wasn't mauling anybody far as I can tell.

Yeah I remember hearing that bout wallace last yr as well. Gogan the dirtiest player in the game. And chris dalman man he was good. Got injured a bit but when on the field he was the man! That line was pretty good for sure. Seemed like we lost our line t.o., garcia, and hearst all the same yr...............oh yeah we kinda did. Damn
Wallace is simply insurance for Heitmann. Nothing more, nothing less.

One note: I'm not even sure Wallace would be the first off the bench if Heitmann is injured. It might be Wragge. Wallace is going to need to prove to Niners brass this season that he is better than Wragge at center, or this could be his last season with the squad.

P.S. Remember at this time last year about half the board went loco and called for Wallace to start over Heitmann? Talk about insanity.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jun 27, 2009 at 05:00:34 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Wallace is simply insurance for Heitmann. Nothing more, nothing less.

One note: I'm not even sure Wallace would be the first off the bench if Heitmann is injured. It might be Wragge. Wallace is going to need to prove to Niners brass this season that he is better than Wragge at center, or this could be his last season with the squad.

P.S. Remember at this time last year about half the board went loco and called for Wallace to start over Heitmann? Talk about insanity.

Just couldn't pass the opportunity to intentionally try to hijack this thread huh MD? Your affinity for Heitmann is well documented, no need to create more documentation.
  • gore4prez
  • Info N/A
Because he is our backup center. [:p...] But Really from what i've read and seen he seems like the protype Niners center. I say he stays.
Share 49ersWebzone