49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 344 users in the forums

Ahmad Brooks

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Ahmad Brooks

Originally posted by tohara3:
Hope he is ok. We need some depth at OLB

+1
He always seems to get hurt, Hope he'll be fine.
Originally posted by lamontb:
How can a guy who has done nothing in a regular season game be considered better than Lawson? Hope he's alright b/c this team has no depth at all at OLB


How? It's easy, Lawson sucks at his primary job. I'm not saying Brooks is any better than Lawson, or that Brooks is even good, but I can understand why people are wanting to see change.
How many times must we watch Manny get owned by the RT before Sing/Manusky decide that he is a lost cause as a pass rusher? I'd rather see what Brooks or even Harris have to offer as the starter.
It looks pretty simple now

Good MRI results, Brooks make the Final 53 as Haralson's back-up at WILL. Brooks has clearly outplayed Moore for this spot.

Bad MRI results, and Brooks gets placed on IR, missing the entire 2009 season. He would NOT be eligible for PUP.

Dude's whole year is riding on the Niner medical staff, as I see it. Not a comfortable place to be.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
It looks pretty simple now

Good MRI results, Brooks make the Final 53 as Haralson's back-up at WILL. Brooks has clearly outplayed Moore for this spot.

Bad MRI results, and Brooks gets placed on IR, missing the entire 2009 season. He would NOT be eligible for PUP.

Dude's whole year is riding on the Niner medical staff, as I see it. Not a comfortable place to be.

Agreed.

I've got to tell you, JB, the thing that struck me the most out of the Cowboys' games was the difference in play between the OLB's on each team. Ware and Spencer are perfect 3-4 OLB's, and they made the Haralson-Lawson combo look flat out bad.

As much as everyone seems to be enthralled with the Coffee selection, which may turn out to be a good draft choice, when I see young talent like Lawrence Sidbury off to a good start at Atlanta, and RB's like James Davis of Cleveland, who we could have picked up later in the draft looking good, I just think the Niners drafted in the wrong order again this season. They really needed help in the 3rd round at OLB and RT, but went with a backup RB. Just not the best value, in my opinion.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
It looks pretty simple now

Good MRI results, Brooks make the Final 53 as Haralson's back-up at WILL. Brooks has clearly outplayed Moore for this spot.

Bad MRI results, and Brooks gets placed on IR, missing the entire 2009 season. He would NOT be eligible for PUP.

Dude's whole year is riding on the Niner medical staff, as I see it. Not a comfortable place to be.

Agreed.

I've got to tell you, JB, the thing that struck me the most out of the Cowboys' games was the difference in play between the OLB's on each team. Ware and Spencer are perfect 3-4 OLB's, and they made the Haralson-Lawson combo look flat out bad.
As much as everyone seems to be enthralled with the Coffee selection, which may turn out to be a good draft choice, when I see young talent like Lawrence Sidbury off to a good start at Atlanta, and RB's like James Davis of Cleveland, who we could have picked up later in the draft looking good, I just think the Niners drafted in the wrong order again this season. They really needed help in the 3rd round at OLB and RT, but went with a backup RB. Just not the best value, in my opinion.

Good god they have looked horrible this entire preseason. Lawson just gets man handled and Harolson is getting nowhere as well. We don't even get pressure when we blitz
49ers LB Ahmad Brooks underwent an arthroscopic procedure to remove a bone fragment from his knee. He's expected to miss 2-3 weeks.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
49ers LB Ahmad Brooks underwent an arthroscopic procedure to remove a bone fragment from his knee. He's expected to miss 2-3 weeks.

Damn it!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
49ers LB Ahmad Brooks underwent an arthroscopic procedure to remove a bone fragment from his knee. He's expected to miss 2-3 weeks.

Great...
does this mean that might be the end of Brooks? I personally think he stays on the team even though he is hurt. Not like he would be starting anyway
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
It looks pretty simple now

Good MRI results, Brooks make the Final 53 as Haralson's back-up at WILL. Brooks has clearly outplayed Moore for this spot.

Bad MRI results, and Brooks gets placed on IR, missing the entire 2009 season. He would NOT be eligible for PUP.

Dude's whole year is riding on the Niner medical staff, as I see it. Not a comfortable place to be.

Agreed.

I've got to tell you, JB, the thing that struck me the most out of the Cowboys' games was the difference in play between the OLB's on each team. Ware and Spencer are perfect 3-4 OLB's, and they made the Haralson-Lawson combo look flat out bad.

As much as everyone seems to be enthralled with the Coffee selection, which may turn out to be a good draft choice, when I see young talent like Lawrence Sidbury off to a good start at Atlanta, and RB's like James Davis of Cleveland, who we could have picked up later in the draft looking good, I just think the Niners drafted in the wrong order again this season. They really needed help in the 3rd round at OLB and RT, but went with a backup RB. Just not the best value, in my opinion.

Ok MD when are you coming out with your prospect's to watch board? Obviously we will be drafting an OLB in 2010, who are your top 10-15 guys to watch?
Originally posted by backontop:
does this mean that might be the end of Brooks? I personally think he stays on the team even though he is hurt. Not like he would be starting anyway

he would be back by week 2, week 3 at the latest i think
Originally posted by backontop:
does this mean that might be the end of Brooks? I personally think he stays on the team even though he is hurt. Not like he would be starting anyway

Nah, we will keep him on the 53. He will only be out till hopefully week 3 maybe 4.
Brooks may or may not make the Final 53 with this arthroscopic surgery.

I doubt that the club is going to go into Game 1 with all of these injured players on the Final 53: OG Baas, OLB Brooks, WR Jones. Remember that a back-up is only 1 play from starting (if the starter is injured), and back-ups are expected to contribute immediately on ST's.

I would not be surprised to see some or all of these 3 players placed on IR.

Baas- if he has plantar fascitis (the nature of his injury has never been detailed beyond "foot"), then it could be chronic, sending Baas to the season-ending IR list and Matt Spanos could take his roster spot. This would also likely mean that Baas has already played his last game for the Niners, since he is unsigned beyond 2009, and could well get the "Smiley" treatment from McCloughan ("You can get guards").

Brooks - if Moore shows something in practice while Brooks is re-habbing, Moore, or some healthy waiver wire guy, could take Brooks roster spot, and send Brooks to the season-ending IR list. It would be ironic if Moore got Brooks roster spot, since Moore himself has been IR'd for 2 entire seasons.

Jones - I expect that he will make the squad, unless or until Crabtree is signed. Carryng both an injured Jones AND an unproductive Crabtree on the Final 53, would be a luxury at WR that the club could not afford. Based on his strong TC and the fact that his injury does not affect his legs, Jones' roster spot seems safe , but only so long as Crabtree holds-out. Then Jones could be IR'd.

Crunch time and tough decisions loom. Now is NOT the time to be getting injured or to be slow in re-habbing.

[ Edited by jimbagg on Aug 31, 2009 at 17:00:33 ]
Ahmad Brooks (knee surgery) out 2-3 weeks

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/08/singletary-cuts-back-on-the-workload.html


Sucks, he needs all the playing time he can get and you have to wonder if he will be slowed the first month of the season. I thought he was playing better overall football than Manny Lawson.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone