Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 428 users in the forums

Ahmad Brooks

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Ahmad Brooks

Originally posted by tohara3:
I hope he makes some plays sunday. We need all the rushers we can get.

Me too, he looked great when I saw him at training camp before he got hurt.

Singletary announced outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks will definitely be in uniform after returning from arthroscopic knee surgery. Brooks is listed as probably for the game.


Press Dem
Gives us another pass rusher, plus he is decent against the run ..lets hope he kicks ass
Would it not be fantastic if.....

Brooks lives up to his hype and proves on the field, starting this sunday in Viking land, he IS INDEED a BEAST!

Stay Tuned
BUMP.


It was nice to see him on the field yesterday, and I thought he played fast, and looks like he might turn into a nice pick up!!!!
Originally posted by verb1der:
BUMP.


It was nice to see him on the field yesterday, and I thought he played fast, and looks like he might turn into a nice pick up!!!!

yeah he had a nice tackle on s jax for a loss!
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by verb1der:
BUMP.


It was nice to see him on the field yesterday, and I thought he played fast, and looks like he might turn into a nice pick up!!!!

yeah he had a nice tackle on s jax for a loss!

Can you just imagine how much depth he will give the defense if he becomes consistent?!....I'm starting to get pretty excited about Brooks, he might be a serious role-player as the season goes on!
This kid, in just a few snaps, has 1 QB pressure, 2 passes knocked down and 2 BIG tackles for a loss including an 8 yard loss against MN on a reverse (explosive play) and a stop yesterday that saved our shut out (field goal was one yard short). He has an explosion and a 2nd gear and the only question I have right now is, "Why isn't he getting many more snaps?" He's only been in on 18 plays. He's a complete 3-4 OLB with all the potential in the world and Singletary loves him so...?
Originally posted by NCommand:
This kid, in just a few snaps, has 1 QB pressure, 2 passes knocked down and 2 BIG tackles for a loss including an 8 yard loss against MN on a reverse (explosive play) and a stop yesterday that saved our shut out (field goal was one yard short). He has an explosion and a 2nd gear and the only question I have right now is, "Why isn't he getting many more snaps?" He's only been in on 18 plays. He's a complete 3-4 OLB with all the potential in the world and Singletary loves him so...?

Wow didn't even know that...Looks like they're slowly starting to work him in the rotation...I'm sure we're going to see more of this guy, definitely exciting.

[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 5, 2009 at 13:04:20 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,106
Originally posted by NCommand:
This kid, in just a few snaps, has 1 QB pressure, 2 passes knocked down and 2 BIG tackles for a loss including an 8 yard loss against MN on a reverse (explosive play) and a stop yesterday that saved our shut out (field goal was one yard short). He has an explosion and a 2nd gear and the only question I have right now is, "Why isn't he getting many more snaps?" He's only been in on 18 plays. He's a complete 3-4 OLB with all the potential in the world and Singletary loves him so...?

I pretty much agree with your post' NC (9 times outta 10 atleast), but I think they're working Brooks in slowly, and Manny Lawson has been playing pretty good lately. At the very least Brooks should get some kind of an extension before this season is done, along with Tarrell Brown IMO.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,928
Originally posted by NCommand:
This kid, in just a few snaps, has 1 QB pressure, 2 passes knocked down and 2 BIG tackles for a loss including an 8 yard loss against MN on a reverse (explosive play) and a stop yesterday that saved our shut out (field goal was one yard short). He has an explosion and a 2nd gear and the only question I have right now is, "Why isn't he getting many more snaps?" He's only been in on 18 plays. He's a complete 3-4 OLB with all the potential in the world and Singletary loves him so...?

My guess is that Singletary and Manusky are saving him and using him situationally...especially since he's coming off an injury.

He may also be more effective in bursts insteads of being used as an every down rusher.

[ Edited by kray28 on Oct 5, 2009 at 13:29:13 ]
Brooks played well yesterday, hopefully he gets worked into the defense more, the guy is a beast
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This kid, in just a few snaps, has 1 QB pressure, 2 passes knocked down and 2 BIG tackles for a loss including an 8 yard loss against MN on a reverse (explosive play) and a stop yesterday that saved our shut out (field goal was one yard short). He has an explosion and a 2nd gear and the only question I have right now is, "Why isn't he getting many more snaps?" He's only been in on 18 plays. He's a complete 3-4 OLB with all the potential in the world and Singletary loves him so...?

I pretty much agree with your post' NC (9 times outta 10 atleast), but I think they're working Brooks in slowly, and Manny Lawson has been playing pretty good lately. At the very least Brooks should get some kind of an extension before this season is done, along with Tarrell Brown IMO.

I also agree. He looked real good yesterday. Things are looking up at LB.
Originally posted by NCommand:
This kid, in just a few snaps, has 1 QB pressure, 2 passes knocked down and 2 BIG tackles for a loss including an 8 yard loss against MN on a reverse (explosive play) and a stop yesterday that saved our shut out (field goal was one yard short). He has an explosion and a 2nd gear and the only question I have right now is, "Why isn't he getting many more snaps?" He's only been in on 18 plays. He's a complete 3-4 OLB with all the potential in the world and Singletary loves him so...?

Probably bringing him in slowly due to injury
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This kid, in just a few snaps, has 1 QB pressure, 2 passes knocked down and 2 BIG tackles for a loss including an 8 yard loss against MN on a reverse (explosive play) and a stop yesterday that saved our shut out (field goal was one yard short). He has an explosion and a 2nd gear and the only question I have right now is, "Why isn't he getting many more snaps?" He's only been in on 18 plays. He's a complete 3-4 OLB with all the potential in the world and Singletary loves him so...?

I pretty much agree with your post' NC (9 times outta 10 atleast), but I think they're working Brooks in slowly, and Manny Lawson has been playing pretty good lately. At the very least Brooks should get some kind of an extension before this season is done, along with Tarrell Brown IMO.

9 out of 10 times? I'll take it! Haha. Yeah, I probably agree with you and most that they are bringing him along slowly after the injury - he knows the defense and obviously, he's been ultra productive so the only logical explanation is that they want to limit his snaps until he's 100%. B/c, let's be realistic, if there was ever a time to get a guy some experience, it woud have been in the 2nd half of the Rams game and they didn't play him a whole lot. I believe he usually subs in for Haralson though at the WILL and not Manny's spot at the SAM. I agree, we need to sign him b/c I have a feeling, if he gets more regular snaps his confidence will grow and the sky's the limit...Singletary has done a nice job of helping this guy mature (like Davis) and could really become an X-factor for us esp. as the OLB's wear down throughout this long season. It's going to be fun to watch!

PS: Yes, I think Brooks "sticks" with the team. LOL

[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 5, 2009 at 14:19:16 ]
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This kid, in just a few snaps, has 1 QB pressure, 2 passes knocked down and 2 BIG tackles for a loss including an 8 yard loss against MN on a reverse (explosive play) and a stop yesterday that saved our shut out (field goal was one yard short). He has an explosion and a 2nd gear and the only question I have right now is, "Why isn't he getting many more snaps?" He's only been in on 18 plays. He's a complete 3-4 OLB with all the potential in the world and Singletary loves him so...?

My guess is that Singletary and Manusky are saving him and using him situationally...especially since he's coming off an injury.

He may also be more effective in bursts insteads of being used as an every down rusher.

The biggest factor (IMO) keeping Brooks on the sidelines is the play of Parys and Manny...both are playing at a very high level right now and it looks like they're only coming off the field (spelled by Brooks and Harris) to get small breathers.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone