LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Could Michael Spurlock beat out Battle and Zeigler?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Allen Rossum should have his bags packed... just incase.

Rossum will NOT be cut.

-9fA

Keeping both Rossum AND Bruce, players who have no future with the team, yet eat up a skill position roster spot (with as much young talent as we're developing with guys like Ziegler, Hill, Spurlock, and Kori Sheets) is not good for the longevity of the team. The niners will not be Super Bowl contenders this year, why let go promising players that can be legitimate impacts in this season and seasons beyond?

do you not remember what the return game looked like when Rossum was injured? The average field position was ugly when Rossum was out. Bruce is playing a key role in the development in out young WR. Bruce is a future HOF'er and for our young WR's to have the opportunity to learn from him is huge. Out of the 4 that you listed I only see 2 that should actually be on the team. Sheets and potentially Spurlock. I don't think that Zeigler or Hill have what it takes to be in impact player in the NFL.

Rossum will NOT be cut.

-9fA

Keeping both Rossum AND Bruce, players who have no future with the team, yet eat up a skill position roster spot (with as much young talent as we're developing with guys like Ziegler, Hill, Spurlock, and Kori Sheets) is not good for the longevity of the team. The niners will not be Super Bowl contenders this year, why let go promising players that can be legitimate impacts in this season and seasons beyond?

I disagree.

Rossum was a big reason why the team had the 12th ranked kick return. Bruce was also our leading WR in both yards and TD's from last year.

It's not as if there are any seriously challengers for Bruce or Rossum. Bruce has caught the most passes out of any WR so far in TC.

You need vets and leaders in the locker room for people to look up to. You do need experience. In this way, it is good for longevity because they can pass on knowledge to the younger players who can then use the advice that they gain.

-9fA

Rossum will NOT be cut.

-9fA

I disagree.

Rossum was a big reason why the team had the 12th ranked kick return. Bruce was also our leading WR in both yards and TD's from last year.

It's not as if there are any seriously challengers for Bruce or Rossum. Bruce has caught the most passes out of any WR so far in TC.

You need vets and leaders in the locker room for people to look up to. You do need experience. In this way, it is good for longevity because they can pass on knowledge to the younger players who can then use the advice that they gain.

-9fA

Rossum= one trick pony! He is not really a serious back up DB, he is a great kick returner, but Spurloock aint bad, and can help out else were.

Think of it this way, would Rossum be involved in more plays in a season than Spurlock?

Rossum pretty much only returns kicks, Spurlock can be an option in 3 and 4 receiver sets, Spurlock can return kicks, Spurlock can run the "Taser", and most of all Spurlock costs the team less money!

I like Rossom but I would be worried if I were him.

Rossum will NOT be cut.

-9fA

I disagree.

-9fA

Rossum= one trick pony! He is not really a serious back up DB, he is a great kick returner, but Spurloock aint bad, and can help out else were.

Think of it this way, would Rossum be involved in more plays in a season than Spurlock?

Rossum pretty much only returns kicks, Spurlock can be an option in 3 and 4 receiver sets, Spurlock can return kicks, Spurlock can run the "Taser", and most of all Spurlock costs the team less money!

I like Rossom but I would be worried if I were him.

Spurlock has ran back 1 KR for a TD in what 3 years? Rossum has returned how many KR for a TD in the past 3 years? I would rather have Rossum back there returning kicks. If we can get Rossum AND Spurlock both returning kick offs Watch out now!! The offense won't ever be on the field because Rossum and Spurlock will be doing all of the scoring Maximize talent
Lmao, this seems like 2 lifetimes ago, but it got me wondering, have things gotten any better in the past decade? Lol, man this is depressing to think about how little has been done to solidify our WR positions.
Spurlock?
Damn we sucked
Razzle Dazzle Arnaz Battle!
Share 49ersWebzone