LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Well, if we go 0-8 then you might have a point, but I highly doubt that will happen. Many tix will probably be resold before the season even starts though.

As for most fairweather, I'd politely disagree. The Niners haven't been blacked out since the 70's and thats with Season Tix holders who DID NOT pay for an SBL. The same can't be said for teams all over the country and in particular the team across the bay.

"Whats yer deal?". Why are you always so down on the stadium all the time?

I'm not down on the stadium. I'm stoked. Can't wait to go to a ton of games there and go see my brick on opening day.

I'm just realistic that is all. We have some of the worst fans. They have no idea when to cheer (cheer loud on offense) and in general just don't know anything about football or the team. Then when we sucked we gained a bunch of gang banger fans which just made game days dangerous. And now they took every lower bowl seat between the 20's in the house and gave them to a bunch of early FB/Google people who will know even less about football, probably not even come to the games or give them away to friends/clients and people expect this place to be loud? I have my doubts about that.

No worries.

I guess I just have more faith in our fanbase then you do.

Alot of the fans these days don't know as much about football as I'd like, but alot of that is because they are a new generation of fans. They'll learn. I don't buy into the "It's be quiet because it will be the FB/Google crowd" thing either. Where do you think Seattle fans work? How much do you think those tix are going for?

This area has more disposable income than almost any other area on earth so while those ticket prices are high, they aren't so high that they will drive passionate fans out of the building.

We'll have to see...but I guess I'm just more optimistic than you are at this point.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by slip:
The other day I watched Dirty Harry (1971) and saw the 9ers old home ground. I think its since been demolished.

Yes, Kezar was demolished

lol
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No worries.

I guess I just have more faith in our fanbase then you do.

Alot of the fans these days don't know as much about football as I'd like, but alot of that is because they are a new generation of fans. They'll learn. I don't buy into the "It's be quiet because it will be the FB/Google crowd" thing either. Where do you think Seattle fans work? How much do you think those tix are going for?

This area has more disposable income than almost any other area on earth so while those ticket prices are high, they aren't so high that they will drive passionate fans out of the building.

We'll have to see...but I guess I'm just more optimistic than you are at this point.

Glad you are optimistic. My pessimism is just formed from going to all the games the last few years. I have seen how stupid in general our fans are when it comes to cheering first hand. And I happen to sit in a section that is probably 95% scalpers who just sell all the tickets on stubhub to the highest bidder. This last year tickets were sky high (for the Seahawks and Packers game tickets were going for $250-350 and this is a $59 face section). So I got to see a lot of this higher end clientele with lots of disposable income in person. To the 49er "fans" credit there were very few opposing fans this year, SF had enough "fans" and spare money to buy up those pricey seats. But the people who came weren't really fans. Showed up late, left early, spent most of the game on their phone, didn't know any players or seem to care about football at all. Just seemed to be a cool thing to do for those hipster techies working at twitter or one of the million SF startups. Which isn't the end of the world and I don't have a problem with it. Just don't expect our stadium to be loud with rabid fans. We live in CA. If the team sucks there are a million better things to do in the sunshine and the fans disappear. If they are good then a bunch of fair weather fans show up. Seattle is lucky it rains so much so there is nothing better to do most Sundays that scream your lungs out at the game. Also have sat in club seats a lot at AT&T and it is a similar crowd (now baseball is more laid back anyways) but it is still much different than the bleachers where you will find some die hard fans. I expect out endzones and upper deck to the be bleachers equivalent. And at least we will escape the hardcore hipsters from SF but the techies around the valley aren't much better.
Glad you are optimistic. My pessimism is just formed from going to all the games the last few years. I have seen how stupid in general our fans are when it comes to cheering first hand. And I happen to sit in a section that is probably 95% scalpers who just sell all the tickets on stubhub to the highest bidder. This last year tickets were sky high (for the Seahawks and Packers game tickets were going for $250-350 and this is a $59 face section). So I got to see a lot of this higher end clientele with lots of disposable income in person. To the 49er "fans" credit there were very few opposing fans this year, SF had enough "fans" and spare money to buy up those pricey seats. But the people who came weren't really fans. Showed up late, left early, spent most of the game on their phone, didn't know any players or seem to care about football at all. Just seemed to be a cool thing to do for those hipster techies working at twitter or one of the million SF startups. Which isn't the end of the world and I don't have a problem with it. Just don't expect our stadium to be loud with rabid fans. We live in CA. If the team sucks there are a million better things to do in the sunshine and the fans disappear. If they are good then a bunch of fair weather fans show up. Seattle is lucky it rains so much so there is nothing better to do most Sundays that scream your lungs out at the game. Also have sat in club seats a lot at AT&T and it is a similar crowd (now baseball is more laid back anyways) but it is still much different than the bleachers where you will find some die hard fans. I expect out endzones and upper deck to the be bleachers equivalent. And at least we will escape the hardcore hipsters from SF but the techies around the valley aren't much better.

Go to a Sharks game...see how the crowd is...multiply that by 3 or 4 = what the new south bay 49er fanbase will be like
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Go to a Sharks game...see how the crowd is...multiply that by 3 or 4 = what the new south bay 49er fanbase will be like

Sharks are a different animal. To even go to a hockey game in america you have to pretty much be a die hard fan. It isn't too flashy or a place to be seen. Nobody cares about hocket except the Those fans are awesome though.

They sold 20-80k seat licenses to all the glass seats at SAP? Didn't know that. I would look up at those boxes owned by companies and see how empty they are or what time the people in the boxes show up/leave to get a sense of what the high end clubs will be like for the niners. I know some box owners and those boxes are empty/low capacity for lots of games and if there are people in there they are pretty casual observers.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

People who attend Sharks games are all hobos. They just let them in for free.
The other day I watched Dirty Harry (1971) and saw the 9ers old home ground. I think its since been demolished.

Yes and no. It's still there but it went from this . . .

to this . . .

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Yes and no. It's still there but it went from this . . .

to this . . .

True. Yes and No. "Kezar" as related to the 49ers no longer exists.
didn't nolan & york sr. try to hold practice/training camp there (kezar) one year?....they were trying to "create a new team identity" from the walsh-debartolo era that crashed and burned with erikson
Looks like they are starting to put more and more seats in, including the section in front of the live camera. http://levisstadium.com/live-view
Does anyone know why they have been putting them in little chunks at a time over the past 4 months instead of just doing them all at once?

Wish they had a camera for the interior. Last I seen looked like the wiring, walls, and vents where done or near done. Probably installing fixtures, bars, concessions and all that now. The stadium insides look about complete minus the field and the rest of the chairs. Hopefully they spruce up the outside, I know they aren't done on that yet. Hard to believe the first event, the Quakes vs Sound, is a little over 6 months away only. August 2nd and we aren't far off from Feb 2nd.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Looks like they are starting to put more and more seats in, including the section in front of the live camera. http://levisstadium.com/live-view
Does anyone know why they have been putting them in little chunks at a time over the past 4 months instead of just doing them all at once?

I'm gonna guess because there is a ton of seats lol

Wish they had a camera for the interior. Last I seen looked like the wiring, walls, and vents where done or near done. Probably installing fixtures, bars, concessions and all that now. The stadium insides look about complete minus the field and the rest of the chairs. Hopefully they spruce up the outside, I know they aren't done on that yet. Hard to believe the first event, the Quakes vs Sound, is a little over 6 months away only. August 2nd and we aren't far off from Feb 2nd.

lol good to see the cup holders.

They have to deal with the logistics. If there are a bazillion seats, you have to make them, ship them, put them somewhere, and then install them. It's easier to do it in chunks at a time. They probably try to store as many as they can, and then when it reaches a critical mass they install them.
For example, let's say 100 seats arrive. They are not going to install them right away, because that would not be efficient for the workforce. They wait for more to arrive, I don't know, maybe 5,000, then they install them. They can't wait for more than that, because there is no space to keep them.

Logistics is pretty interesting.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good explaination.
Starting to install some of the club steats.
Share 49ersWebzone