LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 158 users in the forums

*Projected* Niners Depth Chart (Updated 9/5/09)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looks good! I hope the Jimmy Williams wakes the f up, bc the guy has talent.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I just have this weird feeling we might keep 4 QB's on the roster. Nate Davis on the practice squad would be picked up in a heart beat, IMO. And I doubt Huard gets cut, like I said in another thread, we aways have some kind of veteran presence at QB on our roster.

We have assigned way too much value on this kid. We have to remember that he was on the cusp of the 6th round, and nobody trully knows how much further he would have fallen. Maybe even out of the draft.

Teams that yank guys from the practice squad have to put them on their 53 man roster, and usually this happens to players whom teams want to get on the field as soon as possible, not to bury on a roster.

P.S. Final note on 53-man roster, I think with the departure of Strickland and the move of R. Smith to safety, this buys Hudson a roster spot, simply due to his special teams skills. He is one of the best ST players for the Niners.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on May 12, 2009 at 8:33 PM ]
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

Correct me if I am wrong fellow zoners, but I believe teams are allowed 8 players on the practice squad. Also, I'm virtually certain that neither D Zeigler nor J Moore are practice squad eligible.

OK, I'll correct you...they're both eligible for the practice squad. Zeigler doesn't have enough games in yet and Moore hasn't played in a regular season game, ever.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I just have this weird feeling we might keep 4 QB's on the roster. Nate Davis on the practice squad would be picked up in a heart beat, IMO. And I doubt Huard gets cut, like I said in another thread, we aways have some kind of veteran presence at QB on our roster.

We have assigned way too much value on this kid. We have to remember that he was on the cusp of the 6th round, and nobody trully knows how much further he would have fallen. Maybe even out of the draft.

Teams that yank guys from the practice squad have to put them on their 53 man roster, and usually this happens to players whom teams want to get on the field as soon as possible, not to bury on a roster.

P.S. Final note on 53-man roster, I think with the departure of Strickland and the move of R. Smith to safety, this buys Hudson a roster spot, simply due to his special teams skills. He is one of the best ST players for the Niners.

I was just trying to think of a team that has room for a project QB on the roster.
Houston, St. Louis, Cincy, Chicago and New Orleans. There is no reason any of these teams wouldnt snatch a 5th round QB for free.
Quote:
PUP 1:

91 Ray McDonald(DE)

what does that mean ? and i think jay moore has a good chance of beating our m.harris because of the lack of players at the OLB position
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Quote:
PUP 1:

91 Ray McDonald(DE)

what does that mean ? and i think jay moore has a good chance of beating our m.harris because of the lack of players at the OLB position

Physically Unable to Perform list.

I hope Williams makes it over Lambert, just because that would mean he's gotten his act together and is a potential stud.
Originally posted by Yetiman:

Correct me if I am wrong fellow zoners, but I believe teams are allowed 8 players on the practice squad. Also, I'm virtually certain that neither D Zeigler nor J Moore are practice squad eligible.

OK, I'll correct you...they're both eligible for the practice squad. Zeigler doesn't have enough games in yet and Moore hasn't played in a regular season game, ever.

Z wasn't active for 6 or more games.......was he? If he was, then he isn't eligible
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Drop DB Terrail Lambert. No chance.

Add back in OT Barry Sims as a backup.

Heck no dude. Barry Sims is garbage. I'd rather take my chances with Snyder or some rookies than that dude. He just can't keep guys in front of him anymore. I'd rather have a CB since we're short on them, than an old washed up guy who we know is terrible.
[ Edited by WillistheWall on May 12, 2009 at 10:20 PM ]
Wow AB. No fricking way we keep only 9 OL but keep 6 WR's? Maybe in Mike Martz's offense but not this year's offense.

What role would the 6th WR exactly have vs the 10th OL who will probably be a backup offensive tackle?

Let me guess, you are admirer of Arnaz Battle so you decided to keep 6 WR's because of that?
Originally posted by Yetiman:

I don't think so. Both are entering their 3rd year after college. 2 years after college is max.
[ Edited by kronik on May 12, 2009 at 10:30 PM ]

That does look like how the roster will play out.............maybe a little different with the db"s.

good post ab83rules
According to Maiocco, Ziegler is eligible.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Thats pretty much my projected roster also

Teams often keep just 9 OL, but this year i think we carry 10, I know most everyone hates Sims, but he could be kept around as experianced insurance for M.Smith,
I think Wallace may be expendible with Wragge and Bass both able to play Center.

That way we can keep both potential tackles (Boone, Bender) with Vets Snyder, Sims and Wragge ready to step in if a starter gets hurt (the extra spot is one less WR or DB)
Originally posted by cools:

Teams often keep just 9 OL, but this year i think we carry 10, I know most everyone hates Sims, but he could be kept around as experianced insurance for M.Smith,
I think Wallace may be expendible with Wragge and Bass both able to play Center.

That way we can keep both potential tackles (Boone, Bender) with Vets Snyder, Sims and Wragge ready to step in if a starter gets hurt (the extra spot is one less WR or DB)

6 OT
really?
Originally posted by cools:

There's NO way were gonna cut a Center that was just Drafted Last year. In the 4th round at that.
Share 49ersWebzone