LISTEN: Impact Rookies & Brandon Aiyuk's Contract With Larry Krueger →

There are 125 users in the forums

Randy Gregory, Edge, Tampa Bay Bucs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lynch wanted that 7th rounder for our 6th for obvious reason. Gregory was just a throw in
F it let's go!! More depth and if he doesn't work out, oh well.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Oct 6, 2023 at 1:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Love it from a talent perspective, but not thrilled about the contract part . Oh well they know what they are doing

I think his guaranteed money is over - so we can cut him next year with no problem. Essentially a 1 year rental to bolster our pass rush

More about shaving 10mil off of the rollover for next year, but someone just said DEN is paying the bulk of it.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see the final details before getting upset over anytbing.

i like the bolster to the d line. He should be a huge addition to our d line rotation
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
So he has a $14M base salary and 13/17ths of that is $10.7M…

There's no way we're paying him all of that, right? Dumb trade if that's the case.

Lol who cares. We have the cap. And it's not like he's signed for the next 5 years. Don't worry about Jed, he's got enough money.

You want to keep Aiyuk? Because this mindset is how you lose Aiyuk. Cap space can be carried over.

Oh geez this will have zero barring on Aiyuk
Gregory is the potential speed rusher that will boost our DL

It is a roll the dice move...and in a SB push makes total sense

Worst case we cut him after X games with no dead cap hit
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,830
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
So he has a $14M base salary and 13/17ths of that is $10.7M…

There's no way we're paying him all of that, right? Dumb trade if that's the case.

There is no guaranteed money left on his contract.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Love it from a talent perspective, but not thrilled about the contract part . Oh well they know what they are doing

I think his guaranteed money is over - so we can cut him next year with no problem. Essentially a 1 year rental to bolster our pass rush

More about shaving 10mil off of the rollover for next year, but someone just said DEN is paying the bulk of it.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see the final details before getting upset over anytbing.

i like the bolster to the d line. He should be a huge addition to our d line rotation

I'm all for it
Really unimpressed with him in DEN, but this could be a guy who perks up in a better environment,
much better to be playing with a lead also, as a rusher
I approve the move, essentially a free trial here, has I think DEN is picking up a lot of the $$ and the pick swap is near irrelevant
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Love it from a talent perspective, but not thrilled about the contract part . Oh well they know what they are doing

I think his guaranteed money is over - so we can cut him next year with no problem. Essentially a 1 year rental to bolster our pass rush

More about shaving 10mil off of the rollover for next year, but someone just said DEN is paying the bulk of it.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see the final details before getting upset over anytbing.

i like the bolster to the d line. He should be a huge addition to our d line rotation

I'm all for it

Now if the broncos will send up Surtain for our first, I'd be thrilled 😈.

This guy just went from arguably the worst team and defense in the league to a top defense and 4-0 team. Lol he's probably thrilled
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I hope we don't take on that salary.

Can't be right? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just sign clowney or Ingram and they'd have more production and not give up draft picks?

The draft pick was really nothing. We traded away a bottom 6th for a top 7th, basically just move back a few spots.

It is really the salary that I don't like.

Of course you don't like it. We could have signed Ingram, or clowney, or Clark, or hicks for cheaper. Those dudes are proven beasts and would probably have gotten 8 sacks in a rotational roll for cheaper.

Those guys across from bosa are a beast. This dude they are praying on potential while paying more because he's slightly younger.
Is that good?


Got him for nothing, just would like it if DEN ate a bit more of the salary. Hoping so, then it's a worthwhile trade. Our guys are winning their matchups, but I they're not getting home fast enough because they don't have the speed. That's why we drafted Beal, and why we traded for Gregory.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 45,846
Get on him and bring out his best Coach K.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Now if the broncos will send up Surtain for our first, I'd be thrilled 😈.

This guy just went from arguably the worst team and defense in the league to a top defense and 4-0 team. Lol he's probably thrilled
This is just an appetizer before the main course (Surtain). Lol I wish
Originally posted by OC49erLuVeR:
aren't we deep enough on the line. Need CBs!

A strong pass rush eliminates the need for CB's.
active for Sun night?
Share 49ersWebzone