LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Josh Allen and his Buffalo Bills

Shop 49ers game tickets
Still throwing touchdowns and winning games.
Runaway train and they still want CMC?? BS.
The Bills look scary good in all phases of the game. Wow. It could be tough to beat them.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Still throwing touchdowns and winning games.

Gone fishin
Most overrated QB in the game and I'm glad the National folks are starting to call him out. Everybody fell in love with his big arm and being a big guy that can run, but he's a turnover waiting to happen and against the good teams in postseason, that cost you games. We have seen this over and over again. He's basically a Dak Prescott, except not as good. 81 Turnovers in 5 years is ridiculous.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Josh Allen and his BUF Bills... fill in the blank..

I'm gonna go with peaked too soon

from early Oct
It's time to have a conversation about Josh Allen's playoff failures, and how the media and casual fans pushed the "best QB in football" narrative when it was far from deserved. Since everyone loves the QB record stat, here we go. Josh Allen is 4-4 in his three playoff appearances, and during that time he has had the #1, #2, and #2 ranked defenses.

The idea that Josh Allen is the best QB in football is laughable. He is very good, but turns the ball over far too much.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Most overrated QB in the game and I'm glad the National folks are starting to call him out. Everybody fell in love with his big arm and being a big guy that can run, but he's a turnover waiting to happen and against the good teams in postseason, that cost you games. We have seen this over and over again. He's basically a Dak Prescott, except not as good. 81 Turnovers in 5 years is ridiculous.

I was with you until the bolded. Not as good as Dak? LMAOOOOOOOOO
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
It's time to have a conversation about Josh Allen's playoff failures, and how the media and casual fans pushed the "best QB in football" narrative when it was far from deserved. Since everyone loves the QB record stat, here we go. Josh Allen is 4-4 in his three playoff appearances, and during that time he has had the #1, #2, and #2 ranked defenses.

The idea that Josh Allen is the best QB in football is laughable. He is very good, but turns the ball over far too much.

How does he have 4 playoff losses in 3 appearances?

I don't know why we would put this at his feet.. for me I have a prob with how this team is constructed and what they ask him to do.

They ask him to throw 42 times, in a snowstorm no less, to 19 run plays. And a lot of those run plays are guess who, Josh Allen. He actually led the team in passing, rushing, scored the teams only rush TD, only thing missing here is him throwing to himself.

It's a clown way to design a club, way too pass heavy, no balance, they don't run the ball and don't try to run the ball. It's terrible. Losing tactics. I felt in October they wouldn't make it, see above post, as they are maybe a tad overrated on D and they don't run the ball. Look at KC right now, Pacheco and McKinnon is one of the best one two RB punches in the league they are knocking teams out.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

It was a error filled post all around. I also take issue with using season ranks when there are mitigating factors. For example, BUF went out and signed Von Miller specifically for playoffs to get after FQBs and he didn't play vs CIN. That means although they may have a good season rank, they weren't at full go when it mattered most. The season rank isn't relevant. It would be like us having Bosa out and saying we are #1 D.. well not anymore.

My bad. 4-4 in the playoffs. 4-3 in his last 3 appearances with the #1, #2 and #2 ranked defenses.

My bad. 4-4 in the playoffs. 4-3 in his last 3 appearances with the #1, #2 and #2 ranked defenses.

I don't like your wording just say last 3 years maybe. Appearances sounds like games so it sounds like you are saying 4-3 in his last 3 games.

It was a error filled post all around. I also take issue with using season ranks when there are mitigating factors. For example, BUF went out and signed Von Miller specifically for playoffs to get after FQBs and he didn't play vs CIN. That means although they may have a good season rank, they weren't at full go when it mattered most. The season rank isn't relevant. It would be like us having Bosa out and saying we are #1 D.. well not anymore.

I corrected myself about the post. Sorry. You can take issue with it all you'd like, but just because you dont like using season ranks for the playoffs, doesnt make it an error filled post.

You noted that asking Allen to throw the ball 42 times in the snow was ridiculous, yet Burrow threw 36 times and stopped throwing a few minutes into the 4th quarter. So basically the same gameplan as Buffalo...so yeah not seeing how you can dump on Buffalo's gameplan when it was literally the same as Cincinnati's....the Bengals and specifically Burrow just executed better than Buffalo and Allen.

Look, I am not trying to claim Allen is the reason the team is losing. But he simply didnt play well in THIS playoff run, and was annointed the best QB in the league after last year's playoffs. Cant get down with that, personally.

I don't like your wording just say last 3 years maybe. Appearances sounds like games so it sounds like you are saying 4-3 in his last 3 games.

OK.

Josh Allen is 4-3 in the last 3 years. Happy?
Share 49ersWebzone