LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

AJ Brown

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Didn't want this to get lost in the Deebo thread.

As of right now AJ Brown's contract is

3.986 Base. & 3.986 cap hit for 2022.

Once he actually signs his extension his Cap hit will go up. Just Like Kittle's in 20. Just like Warner in 21. Just like Deebo's will this year.

The notion of Deebo's cap hit not going up is false. As we will see after AJ actually signs or his contract updates.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/aj-brown-29087/
Originally posted by krizay:

Once he actually signs his extension his Cap hit will go up. Just Like Kittle's in 20. Just like Warner in 21. Just like Deebo's will this year.

The notion of Deebo's cap hit not going up is false. As we will see after AJ actually signs or his contract updates.

Maybe I'm missing something. Who is saying that is cap number won't go up? Of course it will if he's getting a new deal. Maybe not in year 1 or 2, but once the actual extension kicks in his cap number will increase. I think you should drop this in the Deebo thread if you haven't already though.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Maybe I'm missing something. Who is saying that is cap number won't go up? Of course it will if he's getting a new deal. Maybe not in year 1 or 2, but once the actual extension kicks in his cap number will increase. I think you should drop this in the Deebo thread if you haven't already though.

It will go up this current year. Extensions kicks in immediately as far as the signing bonus portions. Which we will see once Brown's contract goes through.
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 29, 2022 at 8:39 AM ]

this is f**ked
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 29, 2022 at 8:49 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
22 is the same number i have for deebo

It will go up this current year. Extensions kicks in immediately as far as the signing bonus portions. Which we will see once Brown's contract goes through.

ok gotcha
Originally posted by Heroism:

this is f**ked

yea that's a low ass offer. I'm starting to get the sense that all these teams are low balling wr's. After hearing Aaron Rodgers comments it sounds like GB low balled Adams. Sounds like they thought that just playing along side Rodgers was enough incentive for Adams to accept a low ball offer. him and his agent then found that the Raiders would pay him.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
yea that's a low ass offer. I'm starting to get the sense that all these teams are low balling wr's. After hearing Aaron Rodgers comments it sounds like GB low balled Adams. Sounds like they thought that just playing along side Rodgers was enough incentive for Adams to accept a low ball offer. him and his agent then found that the Raiders would pay him.

Rumor is GB offered him more than LV. He just wanted to play with Carr
Easy to get emotional on the Deebo saga but looking at this gotta say it's clear who won.. Philly. They get a baller. You have to pay a price for ballers. They did it. Tennessee gives me flashbacks to DeFo / Kinlaw. Not saying it will play out that way but similar concept replacing a proven stud with a rookie who needs a lot of development to go right to be on the same level..

this is f**ked

I think for both of those teams being compared against, greenbay and Tennessee, those WRs were not the center of their offensive success.

Tennessee is all about Henry and defense. Tanehill needs to hit passes to stretch the field at times but they would just a soon pummel an opponent into submission.

GB is all about Rogers. He needs a decent O line but he's proved for a long time that he can take a good WR and make their numbers pop. He's had Cobb, Nelson, Adams and a few more that all led the league in receptions, yards, and TDs.

Now Deebo has a different argument because he can catch and run it and is durable. He has been a catalyst, but in our case it's Kyle that's the offensive star.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Apr 29, 2022 at 9:48 AM ]

this is f**ked

"It wasn't my fault"!!! Oh, sad. Poor little chap.
I don't understand trading him. They should have kept him.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

So AJ's cap did go up but not by as much as I anticipated.

Went from 3.986 to 5.632

Share 49ersWebzone