LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

QB carrousel in 2022 offseason

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ruh roh... could the Panthers replace the irreplaceable Darnold?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33811008/as-nfl-draft-approaches-carolina-panthers-gm-scott-fitterer-informs-sam-darnold-there-pretty-good-chance-add-quarterback
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33811008/as-nfl-draft-approaches-carolina-panthers-gm-scott-fitterer-informs-sam-darnold-there-pretty-good-chance-add-quarterback

I would gladly take Darnold plus their 4th for Jimmy. Would save us 8 mill too.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I know there is a desire to get Jimmy's cap number off the books but Sam Darnold sucks.
Originally posted by FL9er:
I know there is a desire to get Jimmy's cap number off the books but Sam Darnold sucks.

Seriously. Why wouldn't you just cut Jimmy. Darnold is worthless.

From this article:

Garoppolo never has been high on the team radar because he's not considered much of an upgrade from Darnold.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

From this article:

Garoppolo never has been high on the team radar because he's not considered much of an upgrade from Darnold.

This must make you so happy.

Wow don't remember Darnold going to the Super Bowl or NFCC game.

By that logic the 49ers should get to the Super Bowl no problem with Trey Lance. Gee can't wait!!!
Bears cut QB former SB MVP Foles
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I still think the Texans trade a conditional pick for Garoppolo and extend him for 1-2 years to reduce his base salary. Comp floor is a 4th but elevated to a 2nd rounder in the 2023 draft based on playing time and stats. Texans GM has strong ties to Jimmy during their time in NE. Helps usher in a new culture and can either be a mid-tier starter or great mentor to Mills or a rookie in 2023.

They still have a ton of assets from the Watson trade, so I see this as a no-regrets move.

ever since he signed that big deal in JAX, he has been a ghost...
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

ever since he signed that big deal in JAX, he has been a ghost...

Has a good track record backing up ND State early first round picks

Does anyone have a quarter to put in the machine the carrousel done stopped on us
Originally posted by Kolohe:

From this article:

By that logic the 49ers should get to the Super Bowl no problem with Trey Lance. Gee can't wait!!!

It doesn't make me happy at all. I wish Jimmy was thought of as a substantial upgrade over Darnold so we could have gotten something for him. I just pointed it out because the homers have been preaching the opposite all offseason.

And the rest of your post is just nonsense. How does a post about Darnold and Garoppolo have anything at all to do with Trey Lance. "By that logic" LMAO. You are connecting things that aren't even there.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on May 3, 2022 at 9:37 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

From this article:

It doesn't make me happy at all. I wish Jimmy was thought of as a substantial upgrade over Darnold so we could have gotten something for him. I just pointed it out because the homers have been preaching the opposite all offseason.

And the rest of your post is just nonsense. How does a post about Darnold and Garoppolo have anything at all to do with Trey Lance. "By that logic" LMAO. You are connecting things that aren't even there.

Why is it nonsense because you don't see how it's irrelevant, who's fault is that. Smh

it's relevant because you think all these QB's are just so much better than Jimmy, that they should have absolutely no problem doing what he was able to do.

From this article:

Why is it nonsense because you don't see how it's irrelevant, who's fault is that. Smh

it's relevant because you think all these QB's are just so much better than Jimmy, that they should have absolutely no problem doing what he was able to do.

Putting words in my mouth now. I have never said anything of the sort of "all these QBs are so much better than Jimmy," especially in terms of Trey Lance.

And even if I did (I didnt), team success and personal success are not the same thing. Trey could be twice the QB that Jimmy is, but if the entire offensive line gets hurt, it's clear that the team won't be as good as last year...regardless of the QB.

You are all over the place my guy. Alllll over the place. The post you originally responded to has absolutely nothing to do with Trey Lance. YOU made it about him.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on May 3, 2022 at 1:28 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

From this article:

Putting words in my mouth now. I have never said anything of the sort of "all these QBs are so much better than Jimmy," especially in terms of Trey Lance.

And even if I did (I didnt), team success and personal success are not the same thing. Trey could be twice the QB that Jimmy is, but if the entire offensive line gets hurt, it's clear that the team won't be as good as last year...regardless of the QB.

You are all over the place my guy. Alllll over the place. The post you originally responded to has absolutely nothing to do with Trey Lance. YOU made it about him.

Oh my bad I guess you think Jimmy is better than Darnold and Lance. My mistake.
Share 49ersWebzone