There are 208 users in the forums

QB carrousel in 2022 offseason

Shop 49ers game tickets
Wow it's going crazy this year !
remember 2 years ago everybody said that it was impossible to find a good QB in FA as every team was holding tight to the one they had if serviceable ?
through that out the window this offseason !

so maybe predictions will be a little less hazardous now ?
saints : winston
colts : JG
seahawks : baker
panthers : mariotta
falcons : ryan will stay
Originally posted by 91til:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Available guys:
Jimmy G
Winston
Mariota
Mayfield
Bridgewater
Andy Dalton
Matt Ryan (supposedly)

Where I think each end up:
Falcons - Bridgewater or Dalton
Eagles - Mariota (competes with Hurts)
Saints - Winston returns.
Seahawks - Mayfield (Carroll handles personalities like his)
Colts - Matt Ryan
Panthers - Jimmy G

I thought I read that Teddy signed with the Dolphins.

He did
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by 91til:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Available guys:
Jimmy G
Winston
Mariota
Mayfield
Bridgewater
Andy Dalton
Matt Ryan (supposedly)

Where I think each end up:
Falcons - Bridgewater or Dalton
Eagles - Mariota (competes with Hurts)
Saints - Winston returns.
Seahawks - Mayfield (Carroll handles personalities like his)
Colts - Matt Ryan
Panthers - Jimmy G

I thought I read that Teddy signed with the Dolphins.

He did

Missed that, so he's off the market which is even better for us. If I had known, I would've said Mariota to Atlanta. Looks like the rest are falling into place.

Panthers defense is too good to not get a guy like Jimmy. He makes them a playoff team.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 21, 2022 at 12:59 PM ]
My grades:

Denver gets an A: You want a mvp caliber franchise QB you have to pay up they did and go to instant contenders.
Seattle gets a B: That was a haul and if Wilson decided he wasn't playing for them any more, great move. Think of how much they got out of a former 3rd round pick, he ended up as greatest QB in franchise history and netted a haul on the way out.
Steelers get a C: Mobile, athletic QB but D and run game will have to carry them. Then again that was the Steeler way prior to Big Ben.
WTF gets a D: Wentz was dropped by two clubs. I don't see this working out.
Colts get a B: Not sure why they gave up a first for Wentz but getting a FQB for a 3rd means it all works out.
Browns get an F.
Saints get a C.
Falcons get a D: Ryan was frustrated last year with not having anyone around him. Julio, Ridley and now Gage all out in recent years. Mariota gives Arthur Smith his own guy but at what cost, Matt Ryan unloaded for poor draft comp and the club eats the largest dead money hit ever. Only reason this isn't an F... I like Mariota he is in the top 32 QBs and could have his best career play with ATL.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Mar 22, 2022 at 9:44 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
My grades:

Denver gets an A: You want a mvp caliber franchise QB you have to pay up they did and go to instant contenders.
Seattle gets a B: That was a haul and if Wilson decided he wasn't playing for them any more, great move. Think of how much they got out of a former 3rd round pick, he ended up as greatest QB in franchise history and netted a haul on the way out.
Steelers get a C: Mobile, athletic QB but D and run game will have to carry them. Then again that was the Steeler way prior to Big Ben.
Colts get a B: Not sure why they gave up a first for Wentz but getting a FQB for a 3rd means it all works out.
Browns get an F.
Saints get a C.

I would give WTF an F for getting a problem child QB.
Originally posted by Joecool:
My grades:

Browns get an F.
Saints get a C.

I would give WTF an F for getting a problem child QB.

I could see that. I was leaning that way but he did put up 27 TD to 7 INT and was a former #2 overall who can move a bit and can hit all throws, still a lot of years ahead. Obvious red flags for sure but I do see an upgrade at the position this year for the club.
Someone needs to put more money in the carrousel machine it appears to have stopped on us
My grades:

Browns get an F.
Saints get a C.
Falcons get a D: Ryan was frustrated last year with not having anyone around him. Julio, Ridley and now Gage all out in recent years. Mariota gives Arthur Smith his own guy but at what cost, Matt Ryan unloaded for poor draft comp and the club eats the largest dead money hit ever. Only reason this isn't an F... I like Mariota he is in the top 32 QBs and could have his best career play with ATL.

49ers get an F (as of now).
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Mar 28, 2022 at 1:29 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Oh dear. We've been invaded by the JG sucks fire Lynch brigade.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Oh dear. We've been invaded by the JG sucks fire Lynch brigade.

This is a thread about QBs and the moves teams made surrounding the QB position, is it not?

Panthers seems clear to me are all in on the draft. Rookie QB with Darnold as the fall back for a year. They just got burned trading for a QB they aren't about to do it again.
Saints sign Andy Dalton. No QB1 posted to their twitter as of now. I'll keep checking
Someone needs to put more money in the carrousel machine it appears to have stopped on us

Yep last one standing at the musical chair…
i bet if we release him the seahawks will give him a 10M$ contract and the pleasure to play us twice a year…
i would wait for the start of the season or a few game to release him if no offer on the table by a team with an injured SQB
the wheel stops turning for this year, see ya next year…
Quote of the day from Ben McAdoo

Ben McAdoo: Declaring Darnold QB1 'wasn't something I should have said'

Panthers still on the carrousel
Quote of the day from Ben McAdoo

Ben McAdoo: Declaring Darnold QB1 'wasn't something I should have said'

Panthers still on the carrousel

They can trade for Jimmy on Draft day!
Share 49ersWebzone