LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Brian Flores files discrimination lawsuit against Giants, Dolphins and the NFL.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by boast:
Leslie Frazier and Patrick Graham were interviewed before Flores. Frazier even had a second interview.

the Dolphins stuff is damning tho. Ross should be forced out of the league.

This. The Dolphins stuff is crazy. Ross needs to GTFO.

Contingent on allegations being demonstrated true. Which has yet to happen.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Flores should have cooled down and waited a week, severing employment opportunities isn't wise.

He stands to make more from this lawsuit then he'd make in 20 years as a coach. I don't blame him one bit for being pissed off.

So Flores was in it for the money then? Not for the love of coaching? I agree that he should have waited and I very much doubt this lawsuit will have much in the way of merit. So, he didn't get Job A? Have any of you ever been passed over for a job you thought should have been yours? Or the person who was hired was less qualified? Happens all the time.

What Flores really did was CK7 himself straight ouf of the game of professional football. Nobody will touch him now. Good coaches get canned all the time for one reason or another. It doesn't mean they are bad at coaching. It just means the fit wasn't right.

Flores not only banned himself from NFL Football, he did a great injustice to other deserving minority candidates.

Let's get real here. If there is merit to Flores claims he hasn't excommunicated himself from anything. Only take away is don't do illegal stuff cuz the guy may document it which he should. Nothing a law abiding club has to worry about. Now if there is no merit to his claims and he is just making stuff up then you may be correct. But let's withhold judgement until the facts come out.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
The whole point of this suit is to expose the nfl. Of course all those people who claimed there was no racism, "just hiring the best man for the job", will now try to argue wether or not he can win the case. The result of case is irrelevant. What matters is all the evidence his lawyers will get their hands on through discovery. Email, text messages, etc.

Wouldn't be surprised this somehow gets tied in with the Washington investigation
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Seems like the hijinks carried out on the yacht might be tough to prove without some kind of digital trail.

Otherwise...plausible deniability n all...
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Wouldn't be surprised this somehow gets tied in with the Washington investigation

Time to leak some more Gruden emails.
The danger for the NFL is the discovery process and having the Brian Flores legal team going through emails etc.

Look what Washington had hidden
Trying to wrap my head around the current rule. My understanding of the current rule is clubs are required to interview multiple minority candidates and at least one has to be in person. Seems the NY Giants satisfied this requirement. Is it correct than to say they are not guilty of breaking the rule but perhaps would be exposed by this lawsuit of conducting a bad faith interview? But to be honest this happens all the time in the workplace. You may know that you are hiring one person but you proceed with a previously scheduled interview as a professional courtesy.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
The danger for the NFL is the discovery process and having the Brian Flores legal team going through emails etc.

Look what Washington had hidden

If this ends up with somehow Goodell forced to step down and Snyder forced to sell the team Flores is the GOAT in my eyes.
Dolphins owner needs to be forced to sell.

I'm not sure if the Rooney rule is really doing any good at this point. I get the idea but if Belichick magically became available, is anybody going to want to give a fake interview first to be able to hire him afterwards?

Flores got f**ked but he's probably much better off being out of Miami.

Thinking about it now, it's looking like the Tua stuff could be fabricated to make Flores look like a typical belichick fool disciple to hide Ross' incompetence. I mean it s probably obvious but I didn't want to judge the situation right away.
  • thl408
Brian Flores may have saved Joe Burrows' career by not tanking in 2019 to get the first overall pick in the 2020 draft.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Dolphins owner needs to be forced to sell.

I'm not sure if the Rooney rule is really doing any good at this point. I get the idea but if Belichick magically became available, is anybody going to want to give a fake interview first to be able to hire him afterwards?

Flores got f**ked but he's probably much better off being out of Miami.

It's a tricky spot.

A step in one direction, and you aren't forced to interview ANY minority candidates.

One step in the other, and you'll be forced to actually hire one.

IMO, if you sign off on a rule like that, you have to be ready for it to be circumvented. The spirit of the rule is simply unenforceable via legislation...and the gray area is compounded as hiring pools grow with outsiders and upstart young'uns getting their shot.
It's a good thing we had Singletary as coach to eliminate us from being named as never having hired a black coach.
Giants interviews:
Jan 21 & 25: Brian Daboll
Jan 22 & 28: Leslie Frazier
Jan 23: Lou Anarumo
Jan 24: Dan Quinn
Jan 26: Patrick Graham
Jan 27: Brian Flores

Daboll was hired on Jan 28
Share 49ersWebzone