LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Brian Flores files discrimination lawsuit against Giants, Dolphins and the NFL.

Shop 49ers game tickets
He should have just tanked for Burrow.

But then again, they probably would have fired him anyway for being black. So eh.
Part of this is that the Rooney Rule was often used as a song and dance rather than a legit interview. The spirit of it was that candidates that would be overlooked would actually be talked to and perhaps impress more than expected, which did occur on some occasions. However, a lot of the time there was just a token interview given to just get past the Rooney Rule ASAP and go after the guy that was wanted in the first place.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I don't get the racism part. What am I missing?

Your owner offering you a bonus to lose is not racism. Stupidity yes but racism

Hell most of our fan base want us to lose for a better draft position if we aren't making the playoffs. Are they racist too?

Firing you for not playing ball with illegal schemes and tampering is more than just stupid.

Your owner offering you a bonus to lose is not racism. Stupidity yes but racism

Hell most of our fan base want us to lose for a better draft position if we aren't making the playoffs. Are they racist too?

I agree. Them trying to paint the Broncos were racist for hiring Fangio when they just had Vance Joseph as a HC. Not saying what Elway did was acceptable cause it's completely classless.

The racism part is with the Giants/Broncos using him to just get past the Rooney Rule.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Him getting fired from Dolphins mad suspect considering they had their first back to back winning seasons in over 20 years

If his allegations are proven out, Ross needs to be forced to sell the team. What a s**t show.

This
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Flores should have cooled down and waited a week, severing employment opportunities isn't wise.

He stands to make more from this lawsuit then he'd make in 20 years as a coach. I don't blame him one bit for being pissed off.

So Flores was in it for the money then? Not for the love of coaching? I agree that he should have waited and I very much doubt this lawsuit will have much in the way of merit. So, he didn't get Job A? Have any of you ever been passed over for a job you thought should have been yours? Or the person who was hired was less qualified? Happens all the time.

What Flores really did was CK7 himself straight ouf of the game of professional football. Nobody will touch him now. Good coaches get canned all the time for one reason or another. It doesn't mean they are bad at coaching. It just means the fit wasn't right.

Flores not only banned himself from NFL Football, he did a great injustice to other deserving minority candidates.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:

The racism part is with the Giants/Broncos using him to just get past the Rooney Rule.

If the letter of the rule states that they must only be interviewed and never actually considered, I'm not sure where there's a leg to stand on.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Flores should have cooled down and waited a week, severing employment opportunities isn't wise.

He stands to make more from this lawsuit then he'd make in 20 years as a coach. I don't blame him one bit for being pissed off.

So Flores was in it for the money then? Not for the love of coaching? I agree that he should have waited and I very much doubt this lawsuit will have much in the way of merit. So, he didn't get Job A? Have any of you ever been passed over for a job you thought should have been yours? Or the person who was hired was less qualified? Happens all the time.

What Flores really did was CK7 himself straight ouf of the game of professional football. Nobody will touch him now. Good coaches get canned all the time for one reason or another. It doesn't mean they are bad at coaching. It just means the fit wasn't right.

Flores not only banned himself from NFL Football, he did a great injustice to other deserving minority candidates.

Just dribble the ball
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Leslie Frazier and Patrick Graham were interviewed before Flores. Frazier even had a second interview.

the Dolphins stuff is damning tho. Ross should be forced out of the league.

Originally posted by captveg:

i guess teams would be smart to interview minorities first and then the white guy.

If team A loves a coaching prospect and that guy is white are they racist at that point? They interview him first and it goes as expected are they racist then? At what point are they racists?

And just how racist is the Miami owner who hired you to be head coach 3 years ago?
The whole point of this suit is to expose the nfl. Of course all those people who claimed there was no racism, "just hiring the best man for the job", will now try to argue wether or not he can win the case. The result of case is irrelevant. What matters is all the evidence his lawyers will get their hands on through discovery. Email, text messages, etc.
Originally posted by boast:
Leslie Frazier and Patrick Graham were interviewed before Flores. Frazier even had a second interview.

the Dolphins stuff is damning tho. Ross should be forced out of the league.

This. The Dolphins stuff is crazy. Ross needs to GTFO.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
[tweet
Originally posted by Hopper:
[tweet

NFL is so good at dominating the news even in the off-season
Share 49ersWebzone