LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Trent Baalke Flashback... Jags News

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ritz126:
Walker was a horrible pick imo I feel bad for him i think he has potential but its all potential now he didnt even dominate in college

Baalke is how you get Aldon over JJ, and Walker over Hutchinson. He's always looking for the home run ball when inside the park grand slams are sitting right there for him to take.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Walker was a horrible pick imo I feel bad for him i think he has potential but its all potential now he didnt even dominate in college

Baalke is how you get Aldon over JJ, and Walker over Hutchinson. He's always looking for the home run ball when inside the park grand slams are sitting right there for him to take.

Honestly, if Aldon wasn't screwed up in the head, the pick wouldn't have worked fine. Your point is noted however.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Jun 18, 2022 at 8:05 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Honeself, if Aldon wasn't screwed up in the head, the pick wouldn't have worked fine. Your point is noted however.

But imagine JJ Watt with Justin Smith. Without Justin, Aldon's production dropped. JJ didn't need that.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:

Honeself, if Aldon wasn't screwed up in the head, the pick wouldn't have worked fine. Your point is noted however.

But imagine JJ Watt with Justin Smith. Without Justin, Aldon's production dropped. JJ didn't need that.

In hindsight, absolutely a dream team of Watt and Smith. 100%. But lets not forget Aldon was on pace to be the fastest to 30 sacks or something at the beginning and made game changing plays on the reg like against the steelers. Unfortunately he couldnt handle money and fame and the rest is history. If he stayed sober, healthy and motivated the conversation would potentially be comparing who was #1 or #2 from that draft class and flip flopping year over year. But addiction took its toll and now Watt was what could of been.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:

This has long be dispelled. Aldon Smith dropped his own production. Also, ask Joe Staley and Trent Williams what they think of Aldon Smith. And this isn't to diminish JJ Watt who is a first ballot Hall of Famer. But give Smith the brain/discipline of Nick Bosa or Jerry Rice, and he's likely a first ballot also. No one, JJ Watt included got off to the start that Smith did. To think his success was solely about Justin Smith, then why didn't any of our pass rushers look like top-10, let alone best in the league?
Trying to find a Christian Kirk thread but I didn't see one.

The much mocked Kirk contract was actually a pretty darn good signing. Helped unlock Lawrence.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The Jags look like an on the verge team, but I still don't trust TB to make the personnel decisions in isolation. As long as Pederson is involved, I think they can build something there.

Honestly, if Aldon wasn't screwed up in the head, the pick wouldn't have worked fine. Your point is noted however.

Charles Haley 2.0
Originally posted by FL9er:
The Jags look like an on the verge team, but I still don't trust TB to make the personnel decisions in isolation. As long as Pederson is involved, I think they can build something there.

Pederson is such a great coach.
The strangest thing about Pederson to me -- he takes the team to a SB and wins. He got the most out of that team. Then somehow he get's into a back office feud over Wentz and loses the battle and gets fired. So bizarre because with his experience and winning a SB, and clear ability to work with Trevor, it's hard to imagine how it went so sideways in Philly.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HearstFan:
The strangest thing about Pederson to me -- he takes the team to a SB and wins. He got the most out of that team. Then somehow he get's into a back office feud over Wentz and loses the battle and gets fired. So bizarre because with his experience and winning a SB, and clear ability to work with Trevor, it's hard to imagine how it went so sideways in Philly.

There's some weird stuff that happened during his last season in PHI. Underperformed, played Sudfeld instead of Hurts in the last game that was seen as tanking, coaching staff concerns, etc.

And you aren't winning a power struggle with Howie Roseman in PHI. He's had 4 HCs (+ 1 interim), and brought the team to 3 super bowls (1 win, 1 loss, 1 TBD) and multiple playoff appearances. He's essentially got tenure vs. any HC - including surviving the firing of Andy Reid.
I just saw the Jags are 30 million over the cap. How in the world?
Ya'll see this about the clown on Baalke's desk?
which one of you sent this?

https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-gm-trent-baalke-keeps-fan-gifted-clown-figurine-on-desk-it-s-to-prove-th
I just saw the Jags are 30 million over the cap. How in the world?

I think they spent alot last offseason.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Share 49ersWebzone