LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 230 users in the forums

Charles Omenihu, DE signing with the Chiefs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Wtf are some of yall smoking. Chiefs way overpaid for this guys. Yall talking like he had 12 sacks or some s**t.

THIS

They can do that when the best QB can mask their problems.

Thats why its so important to have a FQB.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Time to pony up for Clark, Quinn, mack, Campbell, there's a ton of good edge to get. Also for cheaper than 20 mill

Young edge guys needed, we still have to pay Bosa and these edge guys are getting PAID!

That's exactly why we should just pony up and get one of those proven guys. If your going to give ebukam and omenihu 9 and 11. Well hell I bet you can get one of those dudes for 10-15.

We only need to look at the next couple years where we have a rookie QB contracts. You might as well go short term because one of our QBs will be getting paid if they are any good forcing any long term dudes to get cut anyway.
Time to pony up for Clark, Quinn, mack, Campbell, there's a ton of good edge to get. Also for cheaper than 20 mill

Young edge guys needed, we still have to pay Bosa and these edge guys are getting PAID!

That's exactly why we should just pony up and get one of those proven guys. If your going to give ebukam and omenihu 9 and 11. Well hell I bet you can get one of those dudes for 10-15.

We only need to look at the next couple years where we have a rookie QB contracts. You might as well go short term because one of our QBs will be getting paid if they are any good forcing any long term dudes to get cut anyway.

These guys are getting $10 million per season. I think thats a little too rich for our wallet.

You don't like the Hargrave addition?
[ Edited by glorydayz on Mar 14, 2023 at 7:58 PM ]
These guys are getting $10 million per season. I think thats a little too rich for our wallet.

you can like/love the Hargrave addition and still understand that getting him in a vacuum meant that we would lose key rotational pieces. All we can do is take it on the chin and hope we can continue to find cheap contributors who become key rotational pieces
Wish we could have signed him earlier before he had such a good season. Good luck to him!

Hargraves great. I'd rather have more proven edge though.

Hell I'd rather have Quinn or mack and cut armstead for his money. It's better to have both sides and the middle than have armstead sitting a bunch of time while hargrave takes his snaps.

It's 10 mill. That's chump change. Hell I'd get rid of deebo if it got me mack and Quinn. We can make offense with what we have.

They just need to find it because those dudes are going to be cheap relative to the norm because there's so much good older edge available this year. One of those dudes could get 13-15 across from bosa while he gets near 20 and hargrave grabs 10 in the middle. Then your talking all time good. Not just good. For only 10-15 mill.

Remember we just tossed the 3rd string QB freaking 4.5 million. Without that your 1/3 to an all time pass rush.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Mar 14, 2023 at 8:05 PM ]
He was a very solid, underrated player for us. Really solid, versatile depth player.
He's going to be a really good player in KC, watch. 8-10 sacks next season
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This hurts, Omenihu has his best years ahead of him. Only not with the Niners.

Agreed

Hargraves great. I'd rather have more proven edge though.

Hell I'd rather have Quinn or mack and cut armstead for his money. It's better to have both sides and the middle than have armstead sitting a bunch of time while hargrave takes his snaps.

It's 10 mill. That's chump change. Hell I'd get rid of deebo if it got me mack and Quinn. We can make offense with what we have.

They just need to find it because those dudes are going to be cheap relative to the norm because there's so much good older edge available this year. One of those dudes could get 13-15 across from bosa while he gets near 20 and hargrave grabs 10 in the middle. Then your talking all time good. Not just good. For only 10-15 mill.

Remember we just tossed the 3rd string QB freaking 4.5 million. Without that your 1/3 to an all time pass rush.

Two (Bosa level) edge rushers better than Bosa and a Gravedigger? How do you know that?

We have been getting to the QB, Bosa lead the league last season. We don't need to throw money at another high priced edge before resigning Bosa.

We good man.

Two (Bosa level) edge rushers better than Bosa and a Gravedigger? How do you know that?

We have been getting to the QB, Bosa lead the league last season. We don't need to throw money at another high priced edge before resigning Bosa.

We good man.

I'm saying in addition to hargrave add edge.

They can't start the season with only bosa and Jackson. They have to add now losing ridgeway, ebukam, and omenihu.

It's not an option to not add edge. So if your going to add don't go cheap this year. Don't spend 5 mill on a nobody who gets like 4-5 sacks when you could add an impact guy for only like 5-10 mill more than you have to spend anyway.

There's deals to be had so don't be stupid and waste the year and not get one.

It's the same reason we had to let ebukam and omenihu go. It's stupid to spend 9-11 mill on these dudes. Might as well just go draft or spend a few bucks more and get a guy who's impact.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Mar 14, 2023 at 8:29 PM ]
It's shaping up to have: Edge, RT, S, and NCB as our top needs in the draft. Outside of that It's just adding as much depth as we can.

We good man.

I'm saying in addition to hargrave add edge.

They can't start the season with only bosa and Jackson. They have to add now losing ridgeway, ebukam, and omenihu.

It's not an option to not add edge. So if your going to add don't go cheap this year. Don't spend 5 mill on a nobody who gets like 4-5 sacks when you could add an impact guy for only like 5-10 mill more than you have to spend anyway.

There's deals to be had so don't be stupid and waste the year and not get one.

It's the same reason we had to let ebukam and omenihu go. It's stupid to spend 9-11 mill on these dudes. Might as well just go draft or spend a few bucks more and get a guy who's impact.

Still have a lot of different options including free agency and the draft, trades, UDFA, players that get cut from camp.

We got options
I'd of liked to keep him but it isn't like he isn't replaceable. It's also time for Jackson to get his reps. Not too concerned but would of been nice to keep him, but not for that price.

we can still sign some other good edge rushers, especially with the newly created cap space
Hate to see Omenihu go...but the Niners have a boatload of FA's and you just can't keep all the ones you want. Yeah, CO will thrive in KC. In letting Ebukam go, the Niner braintrust must have someone else in mind. It's a good draft for Edge players, but there may still be a FA out there to be had. On the DL, Coach will have Kalia Davis. If he's GTG, he can really help in the middle. Won't surprise me at all to see them bring Jordan Willis back...he won't be expensive and is solid + ST prowess. Ditto Hyder. With Wilks running the defense, you can bet they'll have enough pass rushers and very tough overall DL. He'll use Warner for more blitzes than we've seen in the past. With Al Shaair gone, I look for Curtis Robinson & McCrary-Ball to step up. BL is we'll have a great defense, led by Wilks who will demand a lot. Not worried in the least.
Share 49ersWebzone