LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Charles Omenihu, DE signing with the Chiefs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Someone mentioned it earlier, but everyone made assumptions about Ray McDonald's off the field and I was told by someone who was around the players that he was innocent of what he was accused of.

I don't know for sure that he was, obviously, but you never really know.

I think Charles should play. But I understand believing he shouldn't.

McDonald is a terrible example. He was arrested three or four times and booted off two teams. Its clear that his issues went beyond just a crazy side piece.

I know someone who knew him personally. I could tell a lot of stories about him that proves he is crazy. There's no doubt about that. But there was report when he was a 49er that everyone believed to be true but it was false. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying he was a good person or that he was innocent on all accounts, because he wasn't.
Glad he's going to play
Sounds like he has no intention of coming back.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Where did you see that?

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/charles-omenihu-eternally-grateful-49ers-he-enters-nfl-free-agency
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 1, 2023 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Where did you see that?

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/charles-omenihu-eternally-grateful-49ers-he-enters-nfl-free-agency

I'm just speculating since I can't tell tone from an article, but I'm perceiving the vagueness as a polite way of indirectly conveying he'd rather look at other options than return. He's from TX and with Ryans in Houston with tons of cash, I would not be surprised to see him go there.

Where did you see that?

I'm just speculating since I can't tell tone from an article, but I'm perceiving the vagueness as a polite way of indirectly conveying he'd rather look at other options than return. He's from TX and with Ryans in Houston with tons of cash, I would not be surprised to see him go there.

You may be correct. It might also be that the 49ers have no interest in paying Omenihu anything extra over his rookie deal. I think Omenihu played pretty good football. But, the 49ers have a knack for spotting talent around this league and they've been able to acquire this talent through free agency or trades involving high draft picks.

Time will tell. I'm sure the 49ers have a plan in place. Fans will slowly begin to understand what that plan is as the offseason unfolds.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Where did you see that?

You may be correct. It might also be that the 49ers have no interest in paying Omenihu anything extra over his rookie deal. I think Omenihu played pretty good football. But, the 49ers have a knack for spotting talent around this league and they've been able to acquire this talent through free agency or trades involving high draft picks.

Time will tell. I'm sure the 49ers have a plan in place. Fans will slowly begin to understand what that plan is as the offseason unfolds.

it'll be funny the way he portrayed our Organization be leaps n bounds better than the Texans if he goes back to the Texans even if Demeco is there now lol

Where did you see that?

Ineed. My hope is that 2 of the three (Willis, Ebukam, and Omenihu) are brought back. That would give us two ends to go with Bosa and Jackson, then maybe we draft one more to develop. Need to find a real disruptor inside for that Arden Key role as well.
F
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Where did you see that?

Ineed. My hope is that 2 of the three (Willis, Ebukam, and Omenihu) are brought back. That would give us two ends to go with Bosa and Jackson, then maybe we draft one more to develop. Need to find a real disruptor inside for that Arden Key role as well.

They really need some help at DE. The total sack number are pretty low across the board. Meanwhile the Eagles had 4 guys with 10 plus sacks. We had 1 and nobody else over 5. And only one guy with 5.

Where did you see that?

Wow, that's an aspect of losing coordinators I hadn't thought of. We get excited about getting the comp picks, but they always take players and assistants with them. I honestly hope we don't keep losing them or our cupboards will start running low.
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Feb 4, 2023 at 4:58 PM ]

Originally posted by lamontb:
F

They really need some help at DE. The total sack number are pretty low across the board. Meanwhile the Eagles had 4 guys with 10 plus sacks. We had 1 and nobody else over 5. And only one guy with 5.

That's wildly good job of collecting talent by the Eagles' front office.

The 49ers absolutely need to add to the DL group this offseason. They never replaced DJ Jones in base run defense. They need to beef up the interior and add multiple bodies in there. They also need to add another pass rusher. I expect Drake Jackson to take a massive step forward next year, so that's one guy with the talent to be an impact player. They should consider bringing back Arden Key. He had a good season in Jacksonville and was so damn good here as a moneydown interior rusher. He's also only 26 years old. I'd love to have him back.
Originally posted by lamontb:
F
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Where did you see that?

The Eagles had an all time pass rush. I wouldn't even use them as a benchmark. Unfortunately injuries derailed Ebukam who I thought was good for 8 as well as AA, who I thought could do similar numbers full time at DE. I agree about getting help. Where idk because I doubt a rookie drafted on day 2 or 3 is the answer. We have to hope Drake steps up. Also need that interior help.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Feb 4, 2023 at 5:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Bloodless:

Yeah, we are maxing out comp picks again next year lol. Draft two, maybe 3 edge guys lol. Or two edge guys and a player that can play inside and outside.

Its sickens me that it's the Chiefs though. Really good player but I can't see Omenihu living up to that deal on an inferior D line.
It seems like the Dlinemen come to the Niners to have a career season and then leave and get paid.
Share 49ersWebzone