LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

🏈 2021 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 🏈

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Heroism:
The Bills' run ended when this man walked to meet the commissioner. I'm sorry, Bills' fans.

"I'm here to speak to the manager--and win the AFC East forever."

I thought the Bills had another superstar offensive player opposite Diggs but they don't...just a bunch of vets, an athletic tight end, and some above-average backs.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Has to be crushing for the Bills. This is supposed to be their time, except that there's been a change in plans.

The Bills' run ended when this man walked to meet the commissioner. I'm sorry, Bills' fans.

Should be a 49er, but "fAtaSs"
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

"I'm here to speak to the manager--and win the AFC East forever."

I doubt that defense is gonna best in the NFL for 15+ years.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
If we are headed for a New England - Tampa Bay Super Bowl, I'm going to be sick to my stomach.
Originally posted by FL9er:
If we are headed for a New England - Tampa Bay Super Bowl, I'm going to be sick to my stomach.

Ugh, same here
That game was just one more confirmation of how great a coach Belichick is. They beat one of the best teams in the AFC while throwing 3 passes. 3 passes. That's the fewest since 1974. He took one look at the windy conditions and realized that Jones wouldn't be able to pass much so he completely committed to the run. The Bills saw that and stacked the line of scrimmage. The result was that long TD run once he broke thru the line. Nobody was back there to run him down.

For the record, Jones had a higher QB rating than Allen even though Allen attempted 10 times more throws, had way more yards and one TD throw. Shows what a silly stat rating is. Not a real indicator of how important the QB was in the game.
Originally posted by CardinalGold:
Those last few Bills play calls seemed really weak. Josh Allen was pressured yet there was no WR open? How is that?

That final throw was just dumb luck. The guy he threw to in man to man open middle was as free as it gets. But the slot corner kept his eyes on Allen which is a huge no no in man coverage but it worked in his favor. If Allen Targets Beasley than the Bills are celebrating.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
That game was just one more confirmation of how great a coach Belichick is. They beat one of the best teams in the AFC while throwing 3 passes. 3 passes. That's the fewest since 1974. He took one look at the windy conditions and realized that Jones wouldn't be able to pass much so he completely committed to the run. The Bills saw that and stacked the line of scrimmage. The result was that long TD run once he broke thru the line. Nobody was back there to run him down.

For the record, Jones had a higher QB rating than Allen even though Allen attempted 10 times more throws, had way more yards and one TD throw. Shows what a silly stat rating is. Not a real indicator of how important the QB was in the game.

I'm so sick of Belichick getting credit for making obvious choices. He double teamed the opponents best receiver wow what a wise guy. He ran when playing in a F2 tornado f**king brilliant. I think it shows how dumb some football coaches are that these moves are considered smart.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I'm so sick of Belichick getting credit for making obvious choices. He double teamed the opponents best receiver wow what a wise guy. He ran when playing in a F2 tornado f**king brilliant. I think it shows how dumb some football coaches are that these moves are considered smart.

It's not so much tha the knows how to stoop other teams. He is better at committing to something and staying with it even if it doesn't work right away. Too many coaches won't stay with what works. They get frustrated early or try to get too fancy. Brady gets credit for being the GOAT and he surely is during this era. Belichick is one of the 2 best coaches I've seen in my 60+ years of watching. The other is Walsh. Complete opposites as far as personality and coaching styles but equally effective.

It's not so much tha the knows how to stoop other teams. He is better at committing to something and staying with it even if it doesn't work right away. Too many coaches won't stay with what works. They get frustrated early or try to get too fancy. Brady gets credit for being the GOAT and he surely is during this era. Belichick is one of the 2 best coaches I've seen in my 60+ years of watching. The other is Walsh. Complete opposites as far as personality and coaching styles but equally effective.

If the Bills could successfully run the ball I'm sure they would have kept running it. I do give Bill credit as the a great coach and I think he's the best to ever do it. But some of the s**t he does is just is common sense.

If the Patriots keep this up, I think the only team in the AFC that beats them is the Chiefs. Only teams in the NFC that are a threat to Tampa are Green Bay and Arizona.

Crazier things have happened.
If the Bills could successfully run the ball I'm sure they would have kept running it. I do give Bill credit as the a great coach and I think he's the best to ever do it. But some of the s**t he does is just is common sense.

Exactly. That's the problem with too many coaches. The don't always use common sense and try to overthink the situation. I think Bill has been coaching so long that he's learned to not overthink things. Do wehat makes sense and do it until it quits working. Then adjust if necessary but never so much that it screws with the players' heads. KISS.

Exactly. That's the problem with too many coaches. The don't always use common sense and try to overthink the situation. I think Bill has been coaching so long that he's learned to not overthink things. Do wehat makes sense and do it until it quits working. Then adjust if necessary but never so much that it screws with the players' heads. KISS.

Yeah the old sayin "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" will always hold true.

Any stat that is based on efficiency isn't going to be very useful with a sample size of 3.

New England will be one and done in the playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone