LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Greg Knapp RIP

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Rest in peace sir.
Damn
Damn this sucks, I remember Knapp, I think he was with us at one point, I think the driver was a teen on his phone.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Damn this sucks, I remember Knapp, I think he was with us at one point, I think the driver was a teen on his phone.

He was our offensive coordinator for a few years under Mariucci. He was here for 9 years overall.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Jul 22, 2021 at 3:19 PM ]
RIP Greg Knapp

Way too young. Be careful out there guys.
[ Edited by 49er-from-Yavin-IV on Jul 22, 2021 at 3:32 PM ]
Sad News. RIP. Tragic.

I hope it wasn't a teen on the phone. It's bad enough that Knapp lost his life. It would be a hard cross to bear for a teenager. He'll have to live with it for the rest of his life. My uncle hit and killed a drunk that walked out from behind a parked car. He had a hard time getting behind the wheel for years afterward and it wasn't his fault. If it was a kid on the phone he'll probably be charged with reckless endangerment or something like that.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jul 22, 2021 at 3:46 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

He was our offensive coordinator for a few years under Mariucci. He was here for 9 years overall.

That's right, been so long since the Mooch era. May Mr. Knapp Rest in Peace.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I hope it wasn't a teen on the phone. It's bad enough that Knapp lost his life. It would be a hard cross to bear for a teenager. He'll have to live with it for the rest of his life. My uncle hit and killed a drunk that walked out from behind a parked car. He had a hard time getting behind the wheel for years afterward and it wasn't his fault. If it was a kid on the phone he'll probably be charged with reckless endangerment or something like that.

Me 2, but I think that's what ESPN or NFL Network said when the news broke.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Wow.. RIP Greg. Heck of an OC during the Garcia days.

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

That's right, been so long since the Mooch era. May Mr. Knapp Rest in Peace.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Me 2, but I think that's what ESPN or NFL Network said when the news broke.

Damn this sucks. I know that area a little when I did some road riding with friends. Now I just stick to mountain biking these days as you hear these tragic news more often now. RIP Coach.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Jul 22, 2021 at 6:38 PM ]
As an avid cyclist, and having been hit three times over the last two decades, I can tell everyone this is a worry / something I accept every single time I get on my bike. I am so sorry, and wish the very best for Greg's family.
Will always remember him just staring at TO and rolling his eyes during one of his b***h fits
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Will always remember him just staring at TO and rolling his eyes during one of his b***h fits
Same, was having a hard time finding it so I can post. Gave up
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Same, was having a hard time finding it so I can post. Gave up

Lol I couldn't find it either. But that look was absolutely priceless
Share 49ersWebzone