LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 324 users in the forums

Sam Darnold-Traded to Panthers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by floridaMan:
I have never really paid close attention to Darnold other than box scores and a few plays here and there.

He plays Monday night against NE, I plan on paying attention to how he looks and not just the box score.

Not really a fan or non-fan of him, but the rumblings of him being a possible option for SF has me a little more curious.

Don't bother. He's been ruled doubtful for MNF after missing an entire week of practice.

Welp, there goes that.
It's astonishing that even though he may be talented people are actually saying he might be good. The man has more interceptions than touchdowns which is alarming no matter how bad the talent around you is. It's his decision making and he's cost his team so many games bc of his poor decision making and poop accuracy. There are plenty of quarterbacks that have no weapons yet decide to throw less interceptions ( and even fumbles) as much as he did. Just be like Alex Smith and manage the game but don't throw interceptions. It doesn't matter if you don't have many touchdowns you cost your team too many games.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Hopper:
I have never really paid close attention to Darnold other than box scores and a few plays here and there.

He plays Monday night against NE, I plan on paying attention to how he looks and not just the box score.

Not really a fan or non-fan of him, but the rumblings of him being a possible option for SF has me a little more curious.

Don't bother. He's been ruled doubtful for MNF after missing an entire week of practice.

Welp, there goes that.
Replace one injury prone player with another.
I think Sam Darnold with us would be like Ryan Tannehill with the Titans.

Tannehill has been good with a top 10 running game and throwing a lot from play-action with a way less creative offensive mind.

Darnold can make all the throws and seems to be the kind of QB that always will need a very good running game to make it work which he will have with us. I can imagine Darnold finding the open receiver around 70% of the time with Shanahan if he has 3 seconds to throw and he also can throw on the run but he won´t be a QB that will elevate the offense making plays out of nothing like the elite QB´s do. Basically Darnold will be an extension of Shanahan on the field but nothing else.

Maybe that´s all that Shanny wants.

If we trade for him I won´t be mad but I won´t be too excited either.
Originally posted by elguapo:
It's astonishing that even though he may be talented people are actually saying he might be good. The man has more interceptions than touchdowns which is alarming no matter how bad the talent around you is. It's his decision making and he's cost his team so many games bc of his poor decision making and poop accuracy. There are plenty of quarterbacks that have no weapons yet decide to throw less interceptions ( and even fumbles) as much as he did. Just be like Alex Smith and manage the game but don't throw interceptions. It doesn't matter if you don't have many touchdowns you cost your team too many games.

Smith being Smith is what cost him to be traded twice. Todays NFL, you better be more like Favre or gtfo.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Nov 7, 2020 at 6:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
If sam darnold ever wins a superbowl I will personally give $10 to everyone who posted in this thread. Thats how confident I am that he is a loser and will never win anything. I doubt the guy will even ever have a winning percentage.

Does he have to be a starter or can he be on the bench? Asking the hard questions here
No he has to be a starter. Not just on the roster. He could be backing up mahomes next year
Originally posted by frozen49er:
If sam darnold ever wins a superbowl I will personally give $10 to everyone who posted in this thread. Thats how confident I am that he is a loser and will never win anything. I doubt the guy will even ever have a winning percentage.

Does he have to be a starter or can he be on the bench? Asking the hard questions here

How about as a coach once he retires?

No, starting qb.

No, starting qb.

So he backs up Pat, Pat gets hurt before the SB, and Darnold wins it.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Really tough to evaluate Darnold as a pro. The Jets have the worst offensive talent in the league and the head coach is an absolute joke. He has destroyed two franchises as a HC.
I was really high on Darnold when he was coming out. I thought ( still think) he could be a very high end pro.
The bowl game he played against Penn State remains one of the best performances I have seen from a college QB
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Really tough to evaluate Darnold as a pro. The Jets have the worst offensive talent in the league and the head coach is an absolute joke. He has destroyed two franchises as a HC.
I was really high on Darnold when he was coming out. I thought ( still think) he could be a very high end pro.
The bowl game he played against Penn State remains one of the best performances I have seen from a college QB

Originally posted by fip24:

Agreed. The talent is 100% there. Any QB in the league would struggle with the Jets right now. Idc who it is.
I came here to see posters talk about Sam, but all I've seen are typed messages wth...
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

No, starting qb.

So he backs up Pat, Pat gets hurt before the SB, and Darnold wins it.

I'll say yes I'll pay up. I don't think he can even start one game and win it. He has to start the superbowl

You've got to be s**tting me. He sucks ass. Just watch this game and tell me what you see. I see a lot of balls on the ground, and one reads. Horrible passes. Just horrible.

• Jiks

You've got to be s**tting me. He sucks ass. Just watch this game and tell me what you see. I see a lot of balls on the ground, and one reads. Horrible passes. Just horrible.

As I said earlier he was phenomenal his freshman year but was pretty mediocre(not saying he was bad) his sophomore year. People are basing his game off of intangibles not actual results.
Share 49ersWebzone