LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

NFL officiating influencing games

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
We already knew this but.......

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30003263/how-nfl-manipulating-scoring-2020-fewer-holding-calls-faster-games-way-more-offense
fewer blowouts is good for ratings, which is all they care about
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just hold every play.
less holding calls is always a good thing. good job NFL
As if the Chiefs need anymore help. This probally explains why Wilson and Mahomes have been able to do whatever they want on offense so far this season.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
As if the Chiefs need anymore help. This probally explains why Wilson and Mahomes have been able to do whatever they want on offense so far this season.

Also explains why the 3rd and long was converted in the SB.

I posted on GameDay thread that the Chiefs have had one holding call on 120+ dropbacks. Extrapolated over 600 drop backs, thats 5 holding calls. 49ers have been called for 3 in 90 dropbacks, that's 18 over 600 dropbacks. Like the offenses need more help.
Originally posted by Rathof44:

I posted on GameDay thread that the Chiefs have had one holding call on 120+ dropbacks. Extrapolated over 600 drop backs, thats 5 holding calls. 49ers have been called for 3 in 90 dropbacks, that's 18 over 600 dropbacks. Like the offenses need more help.

Kyle had even brought that to the officials' attention prior to the game
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

Updating offensive holding calls against KC. ZERO on Monday night.

1 hold on 150 dropbacks. Lol.

Wow that is f**king amazing! I think there needs to at least be a rule where you can challenge a non-call or any call. I know there's holding supposedly on every play here and there but as long as it's a blatant holding that was not called you should be able to use a challenge or that non-call or a bad call. As we know in games that are evenly matched all it takes is a bad call or non call to win the game
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

When they swallowed their whistles in the 4th Q of the Super Bowl, did you feel this way?

Just more proof the League FO uses officials to manipulate games for optimal outcomes, matchups, and, ultimately, the $ bottom line. etc. And it's perfectly legal.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

When they swallowed their whistles in the 4th Q of the Super Bowl, did you feel this way?

Yeah that was so obvious. Bosa and company were being raped. Absolutely raped and felt up which I kinda liked
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 10, 2020 at 10:23 PM ]

Well Chiefs were off their game (or maybe the refs) 3 offensive holding calls on 43 drop backs.

Bringing their season total to 4 offensive holding calls on 193 dropbacks
Oh look, incomplete pass is a fumble for Vikings/Seahawks game. NFL is so corrupted
LMAOOO Its True. Also Look at the 49ers Game vs the Dolphins. When CJ Came in the 49ers had some calls GO there way. couple of auto first downs on D holding and Roughing the Passer +15 . I Honestly told my Bro. 'Damn look at this guys" Trying there best to help the 49ers . My Bro Responded: "they aint trying to help the 49ers"!!!They Trying to cover they @ss in Vegas.
Share 49ersWebzone