LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Greatest Running Backs of All Time - peak skills over 3-5 year stretch (not on longevity)

Shop 49ers game tickets

Greatest Running Backs of All Time - peak skills over 3-5 year stretch (not on longevity)

Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
If we're talking about a short time span, Marshall Faulk comes to mind

He shouldnt. His time span was not short. Over an 8 year stretch, he averaged 1860 yards and 14 touchdowns.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
If we're talking about a short time span, Marshall Faulk comes to mind

He shouldnt. His time span was not short. Over an 8 year stretch, he averaged 1860 yards and 14 touchdowns.

This is true, however I was specifically referring to the GSOT years where he was probably the most visible player in the NFL for a 3 year span. He didn't get much attention playing for those lousy colts teams. Though I do personally remember him, Manning and Harrison coming into "3com" in 1998 and nearly upsetting us.
Brian Westbrook could get an honorable mention, not in the all-time debate but in terms of importance to a team. Faulk picked up the bar of RBs in the passing game and Westbrook ran away with it. Aside from the brief TO phase, I cant name another McNabb era receiver outside of big brother Celek. The offense went through Westbrook for most of that eagle era.
Share 49ersWebzone