LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

Will the 2020 NFL season be canceled due to COVID19?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Will the 2020 NFL season be canceled due to COVID19?

Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
It was just reported this morning that only one player on the Titans has tested positive all others were negative. check the bleacher report.

Well, that's some better news.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30008270/steelers-titans-postponed-positive-covid-19-tests-sources-say
More Titans personnel tested positive, so the game is now going to be rescheduled to a later week.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
It was just reported this morning that only one player on the Titans has tested positive all others were negative. check the bleacher report.

[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Oct 1, 2020 at 6:55 AM ]
My fantasy team!

How the hell are they postponing this game? Do they have the same bye week? I think it gets cancelled.
Well, the season surely started, but all of us had to be aware it might not make it to the finish...or if so, a very altered one. And while this is not the 49ers, it is obvious how it ultimately affects us.

When Notre Dame showed up last weekend wiht 23 testing positive, you knew that had to be out there somewhere. It was just a matter of time. Hopefully that and now the Titans, help remind all teams of the need to social distance, wear masks, stay away from people generally and parties , functions specifically. The problem comes in when it isn't your team but someone else's that then affects our team.

I hope we finish the season, but if so, we will have been darn lucky...and same can be said for all 31 other teams also. This can't come as a shock to anyone, as we all knew the dice were being rolled when this season started. Miraculous we got 3 games in before we had one game postponed. It's obvious if either of those teams have to postpone another game, then how we pick a winner based on uneven # of games played, ought to be interesting.
Originally posted by BumCity:
More Titans personnel tested positive, so the game is now going to be rescheduled to a later week.

The 9ers sure could use a postponed game. I wonder if the NFL is going to consider this a bye week for these two teams?

3 more members of the organization tested positive today including one player. Their game against the Bills next week is in danger of being postponed now.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Big loss

Originally posted by Jcool:
Big loss

First I had to bench Henry and Pitts D, now I gotta bench Cam, 2020 is f**king with my fantasy football lol
It's absolutely ridiculous that they are playing football during a pandemic. Cancel this season it's not worth it. And who the f**k cares who wins the SB or any other sport this year. It will mean nothing.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Whelp

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
It's absolutely ridiculous that they are playing football during a pandemic. Cancel this season it's not worth it. And who the f**k cares who wins the SB or any other sport this year. It will mean nothing.

Lol why would it mean nothing? I see no difference unless the season gets cut down.
Share 49ersWebzone