LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Uniform watch

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Falcons uniforms have leaked. I can't figure out how to share pics, but they're online.

They're finally ditching that outdated terrible Reebok Template from 2002. Arizona will now be the only team left using a jersey unveiled using that template.

it's hard to make the falcons unis look good, their color combo just sucks

they shoulda went back to their '90s threads
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Apr 7, 2020 at 9:29 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Agreed, they looked sleek in the Dirty bird years. This current redesign had to have been driven by wanting to distance themselves from the uniforms worn during the 28-3 debacle.

Looks like they have a white, red, and back jersey... and possibly a second black jersey with their 90s era number font
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Those look aweful - they should have just gone back to the originals they wore in the 80's.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Yep exactly. Their old unis are awesome. These new Bucs and Falcons ones are so boring.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Bucs new unis look good - looks like they went back to their previous unis when they won the SB. Those unis introduced the color "pewter" to me.

Still have that stupid big ass flag in their helmets. Lame
It seems like it's always the bad teams that are constantly changing their uniform. The good teams rarely make ant changes and if they do it's a minor change like adding a stripe or a slight change in the color shade. It's like they think a new uniform is going to make them play better.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Those look aweful - they should have just gone back to the originals they wore in the 80's.

Agreed.
Very glad the Niners don't change their uniforms every 10-15 years. Really like their current Home & Roads, which are a classic look for this franchise in the Super Bowl era.
These would of been so dope

I really like both the Falcons and Bucs new uniform colors for the most part. Small nitpicks here and there, but overall they look good I think.
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Bucs should go back to the old school. Same with the Browns. Those were sick.

Do you mean the creamsickles? I dont' know how you improve those.

Yeah man. You can do some sick stuff with that orange. I hate their new look
Those Falcons uniforms are awful. It's like they took everything wrong with Tampa's uniform and just stole it.

I love Tampa's uniform outside of the larger logo, I've always hated that.

I really hope the NFL does away with the one helmet rule so we can get their orange and white uniforms back.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Those Falcons uniforms are awful. It's like they took everything wrong with Tampa's uniform and just stole it.

I really hope the NFL does away with the one helmet rule so we can get their orange and white uniforms back.

I agree. Open this s**t up so teams can go with matte colored helmets. I normally don't like the Vikings helmet but man it looks good with that matte purple.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by linkboy:

I agree. Open this s**t up so teams can go with matte colored helmets. I normally don't like the Vikings helmet but man it looks good with that matte purple.

It was a stupid, virtue-signaling rule to begin with. All because of the bad rap the NFL had (and continues to have, 8 years later) with CTE.

It's hypocritical, because concussions will still happen, even with the marginal improvement in sticking with one helmet—meanwhile you have COLLEGE kids at schools like Oregon wearing god knows how many helmet/uniform/pant combos etc. each week. If your gonna prevent CTE, the time to do it is when players are young (not when they've already been smashing they're skulls for 5-8 years, and most are never drafted and make the pros).

All this did was make the NFL 100th anniversary absolutely SUCK in how many throwbacks the league had (compared to '94). Congrats, Goodell...you blew something that only happens once...
Share 49ersWebzone