LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 330 users in the forums

Denver signs OL Tom Compton

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stanley:
The hysteria on this board, even with minor signings like this one, is the reason why theres no toilet paper anywhere.

Originally posted by okdkid:
Just a swap. New face. That's all.

I have to believe there's very little, if any, guaranteed money here. Would be shocked if he even made the team if we drafted an OL high.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by cortana49:
The hysteria on this board, even with minor signings like this one, is the reason why theres no toilet paper anywhere.

Lol so true. Every year there are these types of signings and yet there we were in the super bowl.

Wonder if the team saved any money? This is a Kyle move right here.

Paid more actually. Lose Person's $2.5M next year. This trash is only signed for this year which means we'll be doing this again next year. Injuries.
Does this finally count as an outside FA signed? We were the last team.
Originally posted by stefano89:
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
I wish that Lynch and Shanahan would just use the 31st pick, our perhaps trade it for a 2nd rounder in ordered to get a quality guard whose specialty is pass protection. He needs to think about his QB and keeping him upright.

moves like this tell me that is what the plan is. this guy although being paid starter money is almost surely not being planned on being the starter in a year where we need an improvement there. they are planning on using a higher draft pick on the starter. either pick 31 or a high second.

Now that we have 2 first round picks Lynch and Shanahan are in a good position to score some great talent. At 13, I don't know where the need goes? BPA if we're able to resign Sanders, and WR if we don't.

We need to get a good guard, like we were saying, at 31. Having a guard who is actually good at pass protection next to Richburg would really help to solidify the OL.
Originally posted by NCommand:
We literally know nothing about how Compton will play. Just like you didn't know how Brunskill would play. Chill out. It's $500k. lol

Just swapping depth. Still, need a starting G.

We paid and extra $500k for a worse player lol. Why pay more for depth when you have the same s**t on your team

It's not end of the world or anything it's just a dumb move that wasn't necessary. Like I keep saying outside of getting the 13th overall pick they haven't made this team better then it already was AND they have fixed any issue (actually made it worse) OH and they actually created more issues moving a blue chip player
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This looks dumb on the surface but based on Paraag's and Kyle's knowledge there must be a reason they did this. They either know something we don't or they just felt Person wasn't going to be in the picture. Just because they signed Compton doesn't mean they keep him. They'll take a look and cut him if they don't like what they see.

This

And this
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
We literally know nothing about how Compton will play. Just like you didn't know how Brunskill would play. Chill out. It's $500k. lol

Just swapping depth. Still, need a starting G.

We paid and extra $500k for a worse player lol. Why pay more for depth when you have the same s**t on your team

It's not end of the world or anything it's just a dumb move that wasn't necessary. Like I keep saying outside of getting the 13th overall pick they haven't made this team better then it already was AND they have fixed any issue (actually made it worse) OH and they actually created more issues moving a blue chip player

#Facts

#HelpMeSpinThis
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Originally posted by stefano89:
I wish that Lynch and Shanahan would just use the 31st pick, our perhaps trade it for a 2nd rounder in ordered to get a quality guard whose specialty is pass protection. He needs to think about his QB and keeping him upright.

moves like this tell me that is what the plan is. this guy although being paid starter money is almost surely not being planned on being the starter in a year where we need an improvement there. they are planning on using a higher draft pick on the starter. either pick 31 or a high second.

Now that we have 2 first round picks Lynch and Shanahan are in a good position to score some great talent. At 13, I don't know where the need goes? BPA if we're able to resign Sanders, and WR if we don't.

We need to get a good guard, like we were saying, at 31. Having a guard who is actually good at pass protection next to Richburg would really help to solidify the OL.

We have MORE holes coming out of FA.

So hopefully they can turn that 13 and 31 into 6+ higher picks and find a starting G, 3T, XWR and top level developmental talent at T, C, CB, TE & ST...otherwise, we got worse.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 19, 2020 at 10:42 AM ]
Pretty big G 6'6 315
Was a starter for the Vikings in 2018
played in 14 games last year of which he started 5 games ( he finished the season as a starter)
He has played every position on the line except C
He is better at Run Blocking than Pass protection
It appears he is a very solid Backup
I agree that at this point Brunskill would likely have the upper hand to start over him
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
Pretty big G 6'6 315
Was a starter for the Vikings in 2018
played in 14 games last year of which he started 5 games ( he finished the season as a starter)
He has played every position on the line except C
He is better at Run Blocking than Pass protection
It appears he is a very solid Backup
I agree that at this point Brunskill would likely have the upper hand to start over him

Perfect for IOL.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I like it!

Head scratcher to me. Person was due 2.5 million and this guy they signed to one year 3 million. Maybe Person had guaranteed money and this guy can get cut with no cap casualty??

Looking for answers, definatley not improvement over Persons. My guess is they love Brunskill and Skule, and Shone Coleman and probably will draft an OL or get an UDFA. My prediction is he will not be on the roster for the regular season
Share 49ersWebzone