LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Looks like a player hold out is coming

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I know that this is still a year away, but I think the NFL has made a huge tactical mistake. They want 17 regular season games. To make it enticing to players, they offered them a lot of extra money. Players don't want 17 games. So when NFL eventually drops the requirement (16 is better than insisting on 17 and player's holding out), the players are still going to want the money. They are going to argue that obviously the league can afford to pay the players more, and the players deserve it since they are the reason the NFL makes any money. So the NFL is looking at paying more for just 16 games, and they will likely refuse. Hence, lockout.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Owners are just starting negotiations high. They will meet somewhere in the middle, with the owners still winning, like always.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
They will lose again. The elite players can afford it but they don't outnumber the avg guy who will be wasting away losing out on career earning in a still short nfl career.
They already know they can get paid more, and obviously they would get paid more if there were 17 games because of the added revenue. That wont cause a lockout.
Originally posted by jcs:
They will lose again. The elite players can afford it but they don't outnumber the avg guy who will be wasting away losing out on career earning in a still short nfl career.

Not only that, but the current proposal actually does a lot for younger / first year contract players after the previous CBA really cut into their revenue with the rookie wage scale.
We currently only know all the positives this CBA has in it. Cause shockingly the NFL network is releasing all the positives. If NFLPA was smart they would tell the public why they are rejecting the CBA.
  • Kyzen
For the first time ever I support a player hold out. At some point the owners and the league need to stop with all the changes.

Enough is enough, I say the fans strike too. Only way this s**t will end is when owners and the league see empty stadiums.
[ Edited by Kyzen on Feb 22, 2020 at 2:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Kyzen:
For the first time ever I support a player hold out. At some point the owners and the league need to stop with all the changes.

Enough is enough, I say the fans strike too. Only way this s**t will end is when owners and the league see empty stadiums.

I'm not showing up or watching a single game as long as there's a lock out you can count on that.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Owners are just starting negotiations high. They will meet somewhere in the middle, with the owners still winning, like always.

Winning like Trump does.

16 games and still pay the players.
2021 lockout is coming lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

18 games and still pay the players.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

18 games and still pay the players.

No.

There will just be more injuries. The NFL takes an incredible toll on your body. 16 games is enough. Leave it alone. They keep trying to change the game. The game was just fine the way it was.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like 16 better than I like 17 - but, If they want to eventually get to 18 games, why not just do it now?
Share 49ersWebzone