There are 183 users in the forums

Eli Manning Retires

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jiks
I'd put him on the fence personally but his name, 2 rings, and East coast love makes him a lock.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
thank you eli. Why does this smuck gets to retire while Brees and Brady are still playing. (Hint, they are on the juice)
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Jan 25, 2020 at 5:08 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
thank you eli. Why does this smuck gets to retire while Brees and Brady are still playing. (Hint, they are on the juice)

Well, they are both way better. Eli, aside from a couple of games, was very average.
Easily HOF
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Well, they are both way better. Eli, aside from a couple of games, was very average.

nobody wants to face playoff eli.
Yes he won 2 Superbowls but was Eli really a top 5 QB in the league at anytime in his career? For me the HOF should be for the elite and not for the good. I just dont consider Eli to be anywhere near elite. Its a big NO for me.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yes he won 2 Superbowls but was Eli really a top 5 QB in the league at anytime in his career? For me the HOF should be for the elite and not for the good. I just dont consider Eli to be anywhere near elite. Its a big NO for me.

That same argument largely keeps Gore out of the HOF as well. There was maybe 1 season where he was a true top 5 NFL RB.

I think Eli gets in because of two historic playoff performances and winning those SBs.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Joe Namath being in pretty much guarantees it. Namath was awful but somehow he still got in.
  • evil
  • Veteran
This man has a new career as a battle rapper now

2-0 Against Brady in the Super Bowl
2-0 Against Manning as a HC
and dropping BARS.
Originally posted by evil:
This man has a new career as a battle rapper now

the funnier, more likeable Manning IMO.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by floridaMan: