There are 285 users in the forums

Who do you want to win AFC Championship?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who do you want to win AFC Championship?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
We havent really faced a team like the Titans all year while we have played teams like the Chiefs plenty. I would rather face the Chiefs

Yup exactly my thoughts. Derrick Henry is not what scares me it's the momentum they have. They beat two of the AFC's top teams On the road, that's just crazy!!!
People wondering how the Titans win just look at their oline. I still think I would rather face them but I think either game is not a pushover. We match up better against the chiefs offense but their speed at WR could be a problem and we haven't been tested deep much all year.
Mahommes. That kid is scary
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
We can beat both, Tennessee, however, seems more doable.
I think KC would get straight rolled by our ground game. Ten could actually slow our offense down. I think KC is gonna have their hands full
Everyone is focusing on the offensive aspect of the game and overlooking defense. IMO Titans defense is a lot more stout than the Chiefs. They play a lot more physical. Similar to the Ravens and Steelers. So, I would not be so quick to discount them.

Also, as another poster mentioned, we beat a high powered offensive teams in the Saints and Packers. And lost against a stout defensive running team in the Ravens.

Another thing to consider. Would it be tougher playing a post season chocker Andy Reid or x3 SB champion Mike Vrabel? (Tbh not really too familiar with Vrabel coaching style. I just believe his big game experience would help him not get flustered like Reid in years past)

That being said, I'm 50/50. Both teams scare me for different reasons. But, if you held a gun to my head I would go with the Chiefs. Just because I know the whole world would be jocking them leading up, making it much sweeter if we win.
I don't think either one is a favorable matchup. We're probably vulnerable up the middle with Henry. I know we limited Dalvin Cook, but this is a different animal. And I'm not liking this "team of destiny"vibe they have going

The other team has Mahomes. Just have to hope you can stop this guy. We know we have trouble against mobile qbs
The Titans.

I don't wanna play mobile QB's. The Titans are a pretty one dimensional and we've proven that we can shut down any run game when we're healthy. Plus, I don't wanna be in anymore shootouts. And the last time we played the Titans we shut Henry down pretty good.
Let's get past Green Bay first.
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Let's get past Green Bay first.

Right. I'm guessing fans from the AFC teams are hoping for a Packers win since they probably view the Niners as a much more complete team with a scary defense.

Here's something people in this thread aren't accounting for:

The Titans defense has been playing a lot better than the Chiefs defense lately.

Honestly in my mind it's a toss-up. Do everything you can to get by Green Bay and we'll go from there.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
We havent really faced a team like the Titans all year while we have played teams like the Chiefs plenty. I would rather face the Chiefs

Yup exactly my thoughts. Derrick Henry is not what scares me it's the momentum they have. They beat two of the AFC's top teams On the road, that's just crazy!!!

Most professional athletes believe momentum from game to game is not something that exists.
Titans, easily.
One thing that blew my mind when I was looking into the numbers: Kansas City actually allowed less points per game (19.3) than the 49ers (19.4) and the Titans (20.7). I thought they were allowing like 30 PPG this season, but they actually only gave up 30 points twice throughout the year.

EDIT: not implying that KC has the best defense of the bunch, but just that it's better than I thought it was.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Jan 19, 2020 at 8:24 AM ]
This thread is evil. Burn it to the ground. If the niners lose we'll be looking at you first.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Jan 19, 2020 at 8:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone